Proximity mines = OP and skills less need to be seen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Quake

The WoW noobs can't shoot straight so they need every single crutch possible like lock on, mines and anything that requires little FPS skill. Planetside is filled with mmo types and thats why the cheese factor, IE Un-Esport features exist in spades in Planetside 2.
  2. Pr0ph3tx

Seriously man. 3/4 of you ppl wouldn't last 30 seconds in a real battlefield. I've had entire squads run right past me.

The problem isn't the mines. The problem is you ppl are like lemmings.
  3. 4Dentity

Another good tip to avoid these is to use windows instead doors, most node capture rooms and generator rooms have windows you can use to enter room. I personally use more windows than door, not because mines but it gives better chance to ambush enemies.
  4. Stew360

WTH are you talking about ?

Stupid mines as nothing to do with the KDR or crap like this those stupid statement are so out of this wold we all know thats Garbage players like to pretend that KDR is nothing but com on YOU ARE JUST AVOIDING THE REAL TOPIC HERE

I play for Objective and capture Not for KDR and those stupid mines thats are invisible simply ruines some decisive push toward generator etc.. and THEIR IS NO WAY TO AVOID THEM SINCE YOU CANT SEE THEM , you already have to deal with numerous zergfits thats block the way + having to deal with Invisible mines is silly and have to goes

mines need to be seen like claymores and need to be well placed to be efficient not just trowed all over the place by compleate brainless idiots
  5. Stew360

LOL ok so basically everyones whould have a single loadout composed with flak armor IF scopes and and we should have as well a posibility to have 1000 grenade to atack a single base so we can blindly trow millions of nades all around just in case their is some mines

Brillant here , nobel price on the sight
  6. CoolJ

Good thing I am off tomorrow!

Drink!

Who is playing along with me?
    • Up x 1
  7. Stew360

Basically mines will be or can be everywhere whats a nice reply
  8. Tasogie

lol you use any of the items I suggested, an your 100% safe, what you really mean is you want to be able to run anywhere you want, without any thought. This isnt COD.Maybe PS2 isnt your sort of game?, because it sounds to me as if you dont like the idea of having to think for yourself
  9. Kar98

Make it like BF3 how you could crouch past them, I found claymores fine in that game
  10. Tasogie

How about making it like PS2 so you have to use the multitude of tools given to you by the devs to ignore mines.
  11. Nonune

So lovely that Stew continues to quote things out of context and not reply to entire posts.

Yes Stew, the bugs should be fixed.

However.

Performed a little experiment yesterday and at the Amp Station's strategic points, where I usually lay the mines, the generators. This is a great way to knock the lone gunman off, AND provide an explosion warning that someone's going for your Gens. Which you should defend. For my team, they listen for the explosions and this brings guys running, often giving THEM kills when there are more than one going for that Gen.

See the Strategic Skill here? Thinking ahead and all about the objectives that need defending... See there can be more than running and gunnin to this game.

Anyways, instead of hiding my mines where you wouldn't see them, even without any bugs. I placed them so they stood on their end, diagonally facing the door so they couldn't bug out and fall through the floor.

BIG PURPLE TRIANGLE ON THE BRIGHT GREY FLOOR RIGHT IN VIEW OF THE DOOR.

Figured hey, Stew Might be right. I tried this with my Vanu, because I didn't think the bouncing betty was visible enough. Purple on grey, really hard to blend in.

Watched one for about fifteen minutes and it didn't fall into the floor. Still.

First person through the door went boom.

His friend got shot in the back while my teammates hit the generator.

Remined.

I could go on and on, and probably will get framed for not filming it.

Only about ten percent of people Actually searched for any traps, and even exposing my mines I got the same amount of kills as I would normally get.

For those with curiousity the strategic skill in placing here is you place them behind the gen from the doors, most people just run up to the Gen. Boom. They don't sweep for traps, which I believe shows a remarkable lack of any strategic skill and proves many people's points about lemmings and Zerging. Engi's kill me now, but if they didn't know we would trap the strategic objectives they are morons.

TL:DR

The problem with the Bug needs to get fixed.

Morons need to learn to look for traps and think strategically. If you know people are using Traps (Mines, C4, Etc) Your a Moron for not looking. Even exposing my traps and making them blatantly obvious, they still charged my mines. This is, as someone else pointed out, a lemming type behavior and 90 percent of people here wouldn't survive any real combat situation.
  12. Wolfy

I still haven't seen any reason at all for proximity mines to be an instant kill.

Every reason the proximity mine users give apply equally well to a mine that does 80% damage. The only difference is that you'd actually need to be there guarding the objective to get the kill.
  13. Spiffmeister

I don't really have too much of a problem with them (because I rarely die to them), but 1 hit kill weapons are never fun. Reduce damage to leave you really really low and increase the blast radius IMO.
  14. Tasogie

stewy is obviously a young man with a few issues. PS2 may not be the game for you if you get so upset at being told to take responsibility for your own gameplay. I understand I really do, that activision have catered to an held your collective hands for years, but real FPS gaming is about you playing for yourself.
  15. GraphicJ

Now you know what I feel about a certain "skill less" weapon. *looks at sig*