PlanetsideBattles is organizing a World Record Match!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OdinsPride, Dec 16, 2014.

1. barunedpat

I do hope I can manage to be part of this!
  2. Alarox

Unfortunately you wouldn't see them.
    • Up x 4
  3. uhlan

They might be able to claim a lot of folks particpated, but considering all of the issues (rendering. etc...) I can't see it being a fun experience.

I just hope the event doesn't end up embarassing PS2 in some fashion.
  4. LordDethir

Will someone pay me money so I can go get a new PC after mine dies at this event?
    • Up x 1
  5. Pootisman

Battles with a rendering distance of 0.1m! Yay!
    • Up x 2
  6. Rockit

They have been made aware ;)
  7. 1337wannabe

" PlanetSide which supports 399 players in the same zone."

Quote from Man vs Machines website. Clearly they did not consider the whole continent to be a single map. Unless 399 was max per continent in PS1. . . I thought I remember them being bigger than that?
  8. FBVanu

another bump... Can SOE keep this tagged and on top of the Forum list?
  9. barunedpat

Proof or ****!
  10. Rockit

My question is how much SOE is actually behind this effort or is this just some community ran event for haha's?
  11. Scarletsboy

time to kick butt and take the crown
  12. Haconen

HAHAHAA are you guys serious, its been 2.5 years and you still can't fix the sh*tty game. you release sh*t like, hossin (no-one likes playing it, thanks for the bad fps) valkyries ( sh*t and pointless what were you thinking) performance fix (yea 2+ to frames) better hit box (yea bigger heads ) broken knifes (it didn't need to be change, hope you happy cause STALKER PARTY) broken NC (long time to kill unless your NC ) dodgy servers (hey you guys from Europe want to ping r*pe the Americans on their serves, lets go) oh you have a problem,well heres a liberator (serious you killed Armour battles) oh and shotguns, shotguns shotguns SHOTGUNZ (planetside 1 didn't have this issues, it was Op and UP in there own ways)
    Planetside 1 had issues yes but things in game would fix that. you guys must have no idea what the hell your doing, if this was never made PS1 might have been here and now with better graphics and a better engine, but you guys have screwed up, the things that we love in that game, you forgot to bring here and threw your sh*t at our face.

honestly this game should NOT get this award, give it a few more months and i think games like DOTA 2, warframe, hell even Combat at Arms will be a better contender than this lousy train wreck.

now i have been here since beta and i played years of PS1, and i know im not the only one that this, so don't think i don't know what im talking about, im just the only one willing to speak. fix it please, its too far gone for PS1 but you guys don't have to let this game die too.

my clan of 84 and i will not vote for this, cause its not deserving of it, fix it and we might see.
    • Up x 1
  13. JudgeNu

This doesn't even look legit.
    • Up x 2
  14. TheKhopesh

If SOE is arranging it, they could lock everyone's weapons until the chosen time.
    But no one's coming to a cease fire treaty.
    They come to fight!
    :p
  15. SShocK

So unless the fight is in one hex or base or something, i am curious what SOE will say about how many players PS2 supports nowadays ;)
    I never believed the "2000 players per continent" to be honest, and im guessing it's more like 900.
  16. RSphil

signed up, this is going to be great fun.
    • Up x 1
  17. ElastaPlast

When will you let us know if we've been selected for the event?
  18. Murx

As far this will be a promotion campagne compared to the console launch of Planetside 2 i want to get something from SOE in exchange. A coffecup? a t-shirt? a cap? for my promotion work at Jaeger.

If i have to register as user i want a thingy with a logo at it ! :rolleyes:
  19. barunedpat

Hopefully if we manage, there will be a Guinness World Record decal for every player who participated :D
  20. sageofsixpath1

Have you guys selected the people who are gonna participate,I just registered today do you think i have got any chances.I wanna be part of this event so badly.Hope i got selected and we win that Guinness World Record :)