PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Roadhouseman

what ever they have done ... im fine now after that hotfix ... no crashes anymore
  2. Natty Boh

I'm hoping the hotfix did it for me too. My ticket with support isn't going so well.
    I'll give it a shot tonight and hope for the best.
  3. Werex

Still crashing after hotfix...
  4. LeanV

Hotfix didn't do anything to help the crashes.
  5. Stigler

I had fixed my 20 minute crash thing with the render ahead set to 2 and lasted hours without crashing till patch now its back, plus some weird out of sync thing.
  6. hondaf17

Still crashing after the hotfix. Really frustrating.
  7. Ketadine

Guys, if you overclocked your PC, try overclocking it a little less. It decreased the crashing frequency for me from 5-10 min to about an hour.
  8. Coopre

FX-4100
    Ga-970A-DS3
    Radeon HD5750 1gb ddr5
    8 GB RAM (okt 3,25 because of 32 bit ^^)
    win7 32-bit

Crash every 5-20 minutes (more acion=faster crash) still the same after hotfixes nothing changes for me ^^
  9. Grossalaud

Played for 2 hours yesterday and i didn't crash..
    Will try again tonight to break a new record
  10. dharKharma

Still crashing within 30mins even with all the tweaks, fixes and updates.
  11. Hawek

Well that is awkward. My friend started playing Planetside 2, and our computers are almost the same, the only difference is that i have 2gb of ram and he has 4 gb, we are both running on windows 7 32 bit and using same graphic options, and still when he gets the crash - i also get it right after him. No matter of where are we, in main camp, on battlefield or defending some kind of point. We can usually play for 1 hours or 1,5, in fact i have never left Planetside 2 by my own will, i always get knocked out because of a crash.
    And i wonder why do we crash in exactly the same time?
    And tip for everyone - i have noticed that if you press escape quick enough before crash - you may survive that. I am always watching for my framerate drops so i just click escape and i can stay in game even for 2 hours. Of course you can't do that on loading screen but still. Oh and last hotfix did an amazing job. Before it came out i could only play for 20 minutes.
  12. Werex

Still crashing after 01/08 hotfix...
  13. bobzebrick

I have been crashing like mentioned in this thread since the hotfix but i found a work around that worked for me. I changed my mics audio quality from Studio to DVD Quality. Maybe decreasing the quality of your mic will help for you guys too.
  14. dharKharma

Game still crashed after 30 minutes (slightly better) with latest hotfix. This time gunning a liberator.
  15. tonberry king

Well this latest hotfix (01-09) addressed a memory leak, hopefully this should be the answer for a lot of us, especially 64bit systems which aren't affected by a lot of these 32bit solutions.
  16. Turk

exactly. It has stopped after the last update plus nvidia gpu update of mine. good luck.
  17. AldKills

i also had this kind of crashes before,but i recently installed prio to save the "cpu prioritizing" option in the process list to high,and a few other tweaks(even unparking my CPUs,and that command prompt thing with bcdedit something 3000 stuff.just to make sure it completely vanishes) and in fact there is a sticky post about optimizing gaming perfomance somewhere in the forums.

oh and by the way,before the latest game update ( just after the hotfixes,in the middle of both),i can't even load the game!(now it can,fastly)

basic PC specs:
    intel core 2 duo e8400 @3.0 Ghz (dual core)
    4 gb ram
    GTX 610 (SOE says i can't run PS2 with it,but it actually can,still enjoyable to play,at the lowest setting though not really at the "lowest" but medium-low and with some tweaks)oh and somehow my graphic card produces 20-40 fps (not in big battle,20 fps at main base,43 fps for flying a sycthe around esamir without firing anything.need more testing though) that's great for an entry-level graphic card!
  18. Aedelric

I have the problem most in this topic have, prolonged gameplay leads to a crash. For me it is always after an hour or hour and a half.

Everything indicates to a memory leak or some kind of related memory use issue. I was happy to read the recent patch fixed a memory leak, but unfortunately it does not nothing what so ever to stop the regular hourly interval crashes.
  19. Coopre

yea i hoped this patch today would help.. but still the same 10 minute crash in big fights

on amerish i can play up to 35 maybe 40 minutes without crash... but its boring to play there,,, only few ppl
  20. Phaze

Still haven't crashed (almost a week) since rollback of my drivers and whatever fixes SOE has put in... Running smoothly again.

I KNEW my OC wasn't the problem!