PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. KillerB

They took the servers down about half an hour ago (I know the status says they're up...). You'd think they would have made an announcement in the forums. (they made notifications in game, but not in the forums... way to keep the players in the loop SOE!)
  2. warmachine1

Crashed before, but after I upgraded to 8GB of RAM, it started like crazy.
    Today it crashed 3rd time!
  3. TopsNL

I can play for maybe 20 minutes to half an hour tops, then it freezes and dies. After that its even worse, sometimes just logging back into the warpgate kills the game.

Getting worse and worse.
  4. warmachine1

Reseting my GPU to baseclock helped, no idea why, its not overheating, below 80 all the time.
  5. buckthesystem

Fair enough, maybe it is just random crashes that trolls are hyping into an "exploit", that is a valid hypothesis. However, the timing of the crashes (they always happen as we're pushing on a base and once while we we're holding the last hex on amerish from a cont cap) and the way in which they affect multiple people at the same time (confirmed over teamspeak with outfit members) lends weight to the exploit hypothesis. I guess we won't know for sure until the problem has been addressed by SOE.
  6. Auronx

I'm getting Freeze/Crash after about an hr of playing, fairly annoying. :(
  7. The Quetzal

the thing is it gives the occassion hour of great gameplay and you think they finally decided to spend some time helping people and my crashes are at an end. then it crashes. middle of desert no one was around. this is a complete disgrace. my computer is up-to-date enough, just SOE clearly aren't
  8. Werex

FIX FOR ALL GAME CRASHES:
    play another game, because SOE doesn't care about us.
    2 months, 25 pages and not even a response.
    I just don't want to play this game anymore. It's impossible to play with a crash every 10 minutes.
    SOE is like the worst game developer I've ever seen.
    • Up x 1
  9. hondaf17

I think more and more this crash has something to do with voice.

Often times, after I crash and I re-start the client, the in-game voice does not work. I no longer hear squad/platoon chatter. However, the "enable voice" in the settings menu is still checked. I will uncheck it, go back to game, check it again to re-enable voice, and squad/platoon chat works again. Sometimes after I re-enable it I crash instantly. Anyone else have these symptoms?
  10. Phaze

I get THAT from time to time... but I'm crashing more now where i just freeze up randomly. From time to time my system will recover (and strangely the TAB key won't work after the recovery) - but usually I either get a PS2 has stopped working... or sometimes I'm totally frozen.
  11. hondaf17

Well with voice disabled I just crashed again after another 20 minutes.
  12. Grossalaud

Crashed for the 3rd time today.. in 3 hours of play
  13. FlowerPot

Crashed 4 times in around 20 mins... sucks i just bought an anti-air bundle, now i cant even use it!
  14. Zeewulf

Bumping to keep this on the front page, 45,000+ views, 500+ Posts and not a single response from SOE ?
  15. theragemachine

This is exactly what happens to me. Yesterday, no more than 4-5 minutes would go by and my picture would freeze, and then 2-3 seconds later the game crashes. This happened at least 8-9 times before I was able to play an hour straight.

In one sense of the word, it's a testament to what a great game they've created that ill endure upwards of a hundred crashes now, especially given I invested no real money to play this game. Most games I would have moved on from by now at this rate. The game has such promise, but even I'm not sure how much more time I can invest in this when I usually get 4-5 minutes of "Spawn at warp gate, drive to battlefield, crash," before I move on.
  16. Grossalaud

+1
  17. Flandel

there was a response on the first page from a customer service rep.
    He said that even IF you have 4 gigs of ram
    Windows 7 32 bit only uses 3 gigs of ram
    So this game requires 4 gigs of ram which means---
    All of us with a 32 bit system are not supported due to the ram issue
    they should have posted 32 bit systems were not supported
    Here is the quote by Bil G:

Unfortunately, 32 bit systems only allow the use of a maximum of 3 gigabytes of RAM, despite how many you may have installed. So if you're got 16 gb installed on a 32 bit system, you're still going to only have access to 3 gigs of that memory. You need at least 4 to run the game. Without seeing your DXDIag it's hard to diagnose any more than that, but you're probably going to want to be running at least the minimum specified system requirements. If you'd like a tech to take a look at your system, please contact tech support and submit your MSINFO32 and DXDIAG files. Thanks!!
    Bil G.
    Technical Support Representative
    Sony Online Entertainment
    How to Contact Support:
    https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939
    How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO
    https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
    TSR_Bil-G, Nov 22, 2012Report
  18. Afifikas

Lost count of the number of crashes from the last two hours of gameplay. Frequency of crashes increased after they took down the server to remove the double XP weekend. My personal recommendation to fix the crashes are:

(a) Default it back to double XP! (Muahahahaha)
    (b) Show us players that you're doing something by acknowledging this issue, and fix it.

Gonna stop playing for a couple of days because it got annoying to lay my AT mines and claymores just for the client to crash a couple of minutes later.
  19. Scatterblak

Ok, mine is fixed - hasn't crashed in a week now (other than the crash as you leave the game, but we're all used to that now). I'm running a Q9550 on an Intel DP45SG board, 4 gig of Ram, WIn 7 Ultimate 64 bit. When I was having the problem, I was running an nVidia GTX 630 loaded; it all ran fine until the last major patch, when all the problems started. After trying everything, I was resigned to rebuilding my system from the ground up - before I did that, I tried swapping out the RAM - no change. I swapped out the gfx card for a GTX 230 I had laying around, and poof - problem solved. Framerates are the same as well. In my case, it was likely a hardware issue, but the symptoms that we all have might point towards interprocess timing issues. We all know the chat and audio are separate processes - I'd guess that the rendering subsystem is a lot more 'separate' a process than in a lot of games before PS2, and the chatter between the client networking and client input management and the rendering subsystem is probably not as forgiving as it needs to be to deal with less than optimal internal/bus timings, etc. If this is the case, it's pretty forgivable as far as the developers go - when you're writing code, assuming that interprocess communication on the same box will be essentially lag-free is usually a given; coupled with the fact that this sort of problem is pretty difficult to track down (if this is indeed the case), I wouldn't expect a real fix anytime soon. You never know, though - PS2 wouldn't be what it is if these guys weren't pretty damn good at what they do.
  20. Phaze

I'm 64bit with 16GB RAM and a super duper cpu.

Like I said when I broke up with my gf... it's not me, it's SOE (she was like "huh?")