penalty for FF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anubis21, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Anubis21

is there even a penalty for friendlyfire?

in about 250 kill's i've committed 1 friendly fire, and in that case i shot a rpg and some idiot thought it was a good idea to move infront of me as i shot (accidents happen).

meanwile in the lets say 50 times i've died 20 have been by "friendly's".

the ones that stand out for me are:

a lightning tank catching up to and running over my ATV.. with me on it.

overtaking a sunderer where the gunner then opens fire on me and blows me up (wile on ATV).

and the last one was jawdropping and caused some dents in my table.

dropping on a enemy base, landing in a great spot in the middle of the base to snipe, sniping quite successfully.
    only to have some light infantry ******** jetpack his way up to me. stand 4 meters in front of me (in broad daylight) looking for about 3 seconds, and then opening fire.

at the very least i find that those that commit these obvious troll acts should get a button on the killscreen that will highlight his position to u at all times so u may hunt him down and counter troll untill your fed up with it.

especially the tanks that shoot u just for funzies cause hell there's nothing else to shoot at.
  2. Zapon

YES, there are penalties for FF (Weapons become useless when done too much) unless it's changed from beta

You are getting killed by different people each time- so this won;t matter for your case

Try to avoid friendly firing arcs...as for the vehicle thing- that's been bugged
  3. Anubis21

ofcouse it's always different people that kill me specifically, planetside's huge i can barely even find my squadmates out there.

that doesn't mean they aren't doing it on purpose or in the case of the sunderers firing at me (which happens more often that it should) it seems to be mid travel entertainment to shoot at the ATV's passing by.

perhaps instead of using a weapon becoming useless solution add a track player button on the kill screen for friendly fires and once a person has collected a certain amount of track requests his account gets a warning or suspended for a certain time.

accidents happen sure but there's so much trolling going on.

and by these examples i don't mean 20 guys shooting at a door opening to suppress the enemy and me then standing in the door opening thinking it's a great idea.

almost all of the times i die of friendly fire i'm in a friendly area or im surrounded by friendly's not the accidental in a firefight with a enemy, a friendly is behind and wants to help me out but then ends up shooting me in the head as i spasticly try to dodge the enemies bullets.
  4. Zapon

People already lose the use of their weapons for a half hour or longer when someone does this- losing their account is uncalled for though- because of margin of error
  5. Orsonweaver

The TR on Genudine are making me consider playing my crab person on helios, 1/3rd of my deaths have tr weapons on them. I don't seem to have that problem on my smurf playing on connery or crab person on helios