One of my best Tank vs Harasser Battles Ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Meeka

So, a pack of several TR Harassers were rolling around outside the Bastion and Auraxicom Network Hub (I think that's the name of the base)... and I decided to pull my Lightning hoping to take down at least one of them before the pack tore my Lightning to shreds... instead, this is what happens....

I see one solo Harasser, I see or hear no other Harasser... so, engage this one Vulcan... as it blows up, I hear the roar of another Harasser coming toward me... so, I engage this second Harasser without having time to repair from the first Harasser. While we are both circling around each other and leaping hills trying to hit and not get hit, two other Harassers and an Ammo sundy come barreling from the direction of Crux... and I'm like, "Crap!" Suddenly, I'm engaged with three Harassers (two Gatekeepers and a Vulcan and an Ammo Sundy) simulataneously. "There's no way I'm going to survive this" as I thought about just bailing from the tank and laying mines in the hopes one Harasser would at least strike them... but no, I stayed in my tank and used the Sundy for cover as I used the Rival chasis to keep drifting circles around it, deploying smoke to cover me, while taking shots at the three Harassers intent on killing me.... Vulcan fire and Gatekeeprs whizzing everywhere. BOOM! I take down a 2nd Harasser... the Sundy is rolling back and forth trying to block me from circling around it... but a Harasser gets too close and slammed by the Sundy... he explodes... I take out the last Harasser with my Lightning which is now red and burning on fire... that Harasser explodes into a fireball and the Sundy is on retreat.... and I'm like, "You're going down too!" and blasts away at the Ammo Sunderer... between the collateral damage by the Harassers and my AP rounds it doesn't take long to dispatch the Sundy... it backs up to a tree... unable to escape.. and my last round destroys it.....

My tank.. sitting there, surviving the onslaught of two Gatekeepers and two Vulcans... victorious in the moment, flaming red and on fire with just a single dash of health remaining... I jump out in an attempt to repair.... as soon as I pull out my repair gun and click the mouse, another Harasser leaps the hill and Gatekeeps my poor Lightning... destroying it in a single shot.

My only sadness is that only a couple of people were watching my Twitch Stream got to witness this miraculous, one-of-a-kind miracle where a single Lightning took out 4 Harassers and a Sunderer in one engagement without stopping to repair once. :p

Rest in peace, Last Lightning of 9/13/2015, you were one solid war machine, and you'll always be remembered as a favourite.