NS-11A from a TR point of view

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Azloki, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Imposer

Thank you for this post. I think I've really found myself at home with the Combat Medic so I'll be sure to be buying this.
  2. HerpTheDerp

3. HerpTheDerp

4. Mark467

Heads up TR medics. The Cycler TRV is the best CQC weapon.
  5. Narutobieber

THE NS-11A is NOT a straight upgrade from the cycler, yes it is slightly more accurate, but you are losing a decent chunk of dps.

T1 cycler - 750 rpm, 143 damage@10m
    NS-11A - 652 rpm, 143 damage@10m

You are losing about 100 rounds per minute while having the same damage from bullets. T1 cycler also has a 40 round mag as opposed to 35.

The NS-11 however does have less recoil with .22 vertical recoil and a bit horizontal to the left, while the T1 cycler has got .27 vertical with balanced horizontal recoil.

The NS-11A is easier to use thats for sure, but for someone that is able to keep their sights on target, the T1 cycler would be superior due to having almost 15% more dps.
    • Up x 1
  6. xthorgoldx

Bingo. I grabbed some SC after pawning some old junk I had (apparently Mw2 is still worth a lot?), so I thought the "extra item" was a nice perk. That alone turns a 1500 SC card into a 2250 card, and it's totally worth it.
  7. MrLee.NO

Got this as my first Medic gun and well, it's the only gun in the game I have the final (Auraxis?) medal for. The other's aren't even close. Let's leave it at that ;)

I since got the Equinox for the Underbarrel grenade launcher option, but even with that, I still prefer the NS-11A for effectiveness.
  8. WolframNHart

Bought the NS-11A due to this thread's recommendations. After extensive use I was pretty disappointed with it in most scenarios. Its more accurate so its good at long range, but its terrible in CQC vs virtually every other TR gun. The reduction in ROF makes a huge difference IMHO. After trialing very other medic gun, I ended up buying the T1-S cycler. It is a more controlled version of the default T1. It has a reduced ROF but better handling, plus you get access to all of the attachments.

I guess it depends where you do most of your fighting. If you're way out in the field trying to take guys down at range, the NS-11 is fine. If you like biodomes, amp stations, or tech labs, avoid the NS-11.
  9. HerpTheDerp

The NS-11A's strength is its versatility. It's decent in any role you throw at it.

If you want a solid CQB gun get either TRV or TAR.
  10. ashleyapb

I only really use the NS-11A on Crown assault/defense as the most common ranges you engage at there seem perfect for it. Everywhere else it feels too weak in damage output compared to other ARs to be worth using as a go-to primary.
  11. WolframNHart

This is pretty much what I experienced. Its good, and flexible, but at the end of the day its not a good primary.
  12. NexiKuro

Sorry but no.

to quote the people who ripped the data files:

"Soft Point Ammunition - SPA decreases bullet velocity by an unknown value, as well as extending the initial damage dropoff range for the weapon to 15m instead of 10m and reducing minimum damage by 1 tier (167 → 143, 143 → 125, 125 → 112, 112 → 100, 100 → 91)."
    and
    "High Velocity Ammunition - HVA increases bullet velocity by an unknown value as well as increasing vertical recoil by 6%-12% and extends the range a weapon reaches it's minimum damage value at by 10m."

so in short, soft point ammo is horrible for everything except for the purest cqc weapons, HV ammo is basically a heavy barrel from BF3 minus the improved base spread(cone of fire). To clarify, a damage tier is the amount of hits it takes to kill someone, 167 is 6 hits, 143 is 7, 100 is 10 etc.
  13. HerpTheDerp

Actually, SPA is more useful than HVA. HVA literally gives you nothing beyond faster projectile speed(the extended range is absolutely meaningless - you still need exactly the same # of bullets to kill someone).
  14. Sebyos

Wouldn't switch my Hydra for anything.

Silly bullets are so outdated anyway, the time has come for plasma !
  15. NexiKuro

Nice point, Except you forgot to mention SPA reduces your 8hit(7 for high damage/NC rifles) range from 65 to 44 meters and giving you 9(or 8) hits after that. Ill grant you that HVA is mostly usefull for vanu right now because their damage drop off is lower(one damage tier) but longer(115m) than the others(it boosts their 8 hit range from 71 to 82 meters). But that doesn't mean SPA is suddenly better, especially for people who want to be able to use their ARs at the far end of medium ranges.

besides, faster travel time = faster TTK right? XD

In all honesty I'd say they're fairly balanced, but either barely provides a buff. They're both pretty horrible right now tbh..

PS: At least HVA looks cool, it doesn't seem display the tracer until its further away. FTW.

EDIT: In all honesty, I hope they pull this game down to battlefields range damage wise. Giving every race atleast 3 damage tiers for automatics and two for snipers(if that means raising the max damage so be it, the game wouldn't be really hurt with a slightly higher ttk up close I think), that way HVA would have more merit for all races and SPA could be changed to just reduce the min range by a fairly large amount if it would be UP.
    EDIT2: Apparantly carbines have a lower damage tier at max range, making HVA (slightly)nicer for them.
  16. HerpTheDerp

The thing is, SPA gives you something. Max damage increase from 10m to 15m can be quite beneficial indoors. HVA - it's completely useless, only good if you can have both HVA and Suppressor on the gun at the same time, then you can use HVA to cancel out some of the suppressor's downsides.
  17. NexiKuro

Like I just found out, it does have a benefit for carbines/vanu, the problem is that it doesn't do much for other races on account of guns having uninspired stats. In battlefield 3 its counter part made a huge difference because range was further and damage dropped at least two tiers for average rifles. Here it's just one.

atm HVA makes it easier to hit people at range, making it slightly nicer than nothing and without the drawbacks of SPA.

There's a tonne of stuff "wrong" with guns in this game tbh. But I've gone off topic enough.
  18. Aragato

The NS-11A is an excellent rifle, more for mid to longer ranges with the HV ammo option. I like counter sniping with this gun. For high rate of fire and more DPS I prefer the TAR, at least for TR.
  19. Zagz

NS-11A is useful in the hands of a skilled shooter. I exclusively do headshots and rarely attempt to aim at anything else than the head. Even in a hectic moment, I aim for the head at all times.

Work on your head shots and you'll be quite surprise on how powerful this gun is. It is extremely accurate even when use from the hip. There is no reason to aim at anything else than a head. The ratio of aim/hit is very high, use it to its advantage.

I bought many medic guns and none have come close to the efficiency of the NS-11A. The TAR was for a week a favorite but the medium/long and long range was just terrible for me.

Of course, in the end, it is all about your play style.
  20. Bearcat

Argh! Why did you go and post that?!? I just posted that I was going to get the TRV instead of the NS-11A, and now I'm doubting myself again. :eek: Everyone says that the NS-11A is terrible at close range (compared to other guns). Is it really that bad?