Not a lot of players on Connery anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shamit, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Shamit

I have noticed a severe drop on the population of Connery (N/A West) over the last week or so. I see no more than ~15 people in the TR warp gate and there are rarely more than 3 or 4 people assaulting bio domes and tech plants at a time. The crown is being defended by about 20 TR at the moment and and taking bases usually ends up as 1 or 2 people from each side trading rounds. Am I alone in noticing this or am I missing something?
  2. Metran

There is certainly no shortage of chinese, japanese and koreans......I could have swore it said "West Coast" when I rolled there. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a factor for it's current desolation.
  3. Vortok

[IMG]

It's 11 AM on a Friday and a lot of people in school had finals to worry about this week. Wait and see what the weekend brings, at least.

And it says enemy platoons at The Crown for me on Connery as I type this (non TR character). On other west coast servers I've seen entire Crown fights not even get up to a platoon and just say squads (or less!). Connery isn't the first server I'd be worrying about. The attackers just drive Sunderers up the front door half the time and it works more often than it should. It's kinda sad, really.
  4. Shepherd

Are you really posting a thread complaining about the population at 11:00 AM on a WEEKDAY?
    Maybe the OP hasn't heard of these things called school/college/jobs/work/life. And even the people who don't have lives aren't on because they all sleep until at least noon. Give it a few hours. Indar will be pop locked by Three. you heard it here first.
  5. Gavyne

Two threads today from early morning players.. Connery is west coast, exactly, and it's in the morning on the west coast on a perfectly legit working day and school finals day.

I have an alt on Connery, Connery does not have issues with population in the later afternoon and evenings. You know, the time when west coast people get off work and school.
  6. turtlestation

Why would he not be worried? Connery is supposed to be the highest populated US West server and when it sees a major drop, things aren't looking too good. SOE really needs to get their priorities straight: do they want to spend time on milking us for ******** helmets are a mere cosmetic change from the other cosmetic items, or do they want to get started on addressing the population issue?

"2000 player continents! 6000 player servers!" -- what's the point of marketing the game as BIG, HUGE battles when there aren't going to be any if they don't fix this soon? Please, merge some servers or at least let people switch. We don't need 6-7 servers per region. Although knowing SOE, they're going to charge 1000 SC to switch servers and no one will do it, destroying Low population servers and keeping the higher ones at Medium.
  7. Gavyne

They should definitely merge low pop servers, but they need to base population on primetime. Most servers hit medium during prime time so for those that are "low" during primetime, yes they should merge them.

By the way they had to open more servers due to players complaining about queues when the game first launched. It was either they open more servers, or people walk away. So they did what they had to do. And now they likely will have to do what they gotta do, which is to merge low pop servers.
  8. turtlestation

Of course they had to open more for the initial swarm, but they were way too optimistic and opened up 2-3 more than they should have. At least 4-5 would've just fine for the launch, but now we're stuck with 8(!) US West servers, of which 6 are pretty much dead weight and if combined could form a pretty good server.

The problem now is that SOE will probably refuse to merge servers because that would be admitting a loss in player count. Nevermind that everyone and their dog can see that the player counts have dropped; nevermind that it's common sense for player counts to drop after initial release. They're probably scared of ignorant investors going, "I see you merged servers, did you lose players or something?"
  9. Shamit

I would like to make it clear than I in no way complained about the population status and I am very aware of the time at which I posted this thread. I have watched the player base dropping slowly over the last week, I am hoping it is just finals that is causing this instead of them just quitting the game.
  10. ShadowWolf TR

i could've sworn a VS made a post exactly like this (about connery) talking about how theres only 20 VS online there
    oh well...i'll just stay on my server
  11. QuantumMechanic

Connery has not hit "high" population all week. Even during primetime.
  12. Wombat

your entire faction was on Amerish, where they had over 80% of the population.

I wish there were only 20 TR on indar. I want my infantry reduction back.
  13. VSDerp

14. RoosterNE

I play Connery VS. Population has been down all week. I have not been playing as much either... from 4 hours a night to about 1 before I get fed up.

The issues for myself and the group of RL friends (4 of us)
    1 - Render Distance at fights where there are large numbers of people is just stupid. It gets down to 30 feet.. getting killed by people that are invisible to us. Lame
    2 - Aimbotters... several times now our group of RL friends try to cap a base that is barely defended and get owned over and over by a single guy. It isn't mad skills on his part, sorry. And yes, we all know how to play.

I suspect others are in the same boat, which would explain why there aren;t as many people as there were last week.
  15. TimeyWimey

[IMG]
    • Up x 1