New(ish) Player Looking for an Outfit

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Jester238, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Jester238

Hey all,

I've kind of been playing since beta, but unfortunately I had a laptop that couldn't really run the game. Last week my new PC came, and I've been able to really get into the game. Now that I know I love the game, I've decided to look into an outfit. I've played competitive multiplayer games for years, everything from SWG to Guild Wars 2. I currently play WoW and GW2 alongside PS2. I would describe myself as "serious casual." I have a full coarse load and a 29 hour a week job, so my play time is limited to around 5-10 hours a week. Furthermore, I do enjoy a wide range of games, so I don't log in to PlanetSide every day. That said, I really like the game, and I'm trying to improve and learn every time I play. I have a premium membership, and am not opposed to dropping a bit of cash on SC, so while I may not play every day, I am dedicated to this game beyond just free to play.

As for what I like to do in game, I generally like to focus on light assault and Infiltrator. That said, I like playing pretty much any role, and am willing to put certs into anything if it's needed. I should note as an aside that I am particularly interested in piloting, but I'm still pretty terrible at it. I'm equipped for A2G in a Mosquito as I've purchased rocket pods, and I try to log some time flying whenever I play, but half the time I just wind up ditching before I'm able to get any kills.

I'm looking for a friendly, organized, mature, and somewhat casual outfit to play with, so please hit me up if you're interested. I go by Gaelen in game, or you can shoot me a PM here.

Thanks!
  2. RedOak

Howdy Jester.

While it may be a few days until merger you are welcome to come play with [IR] Imperial Reach. No requirements on time while having a ton of events going on whenever you sign in. Big ops Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday with test ops Tuesday, fun events Thursday and drunk squad on Saturday. Wedged between all of those squads and platoons running.

You've also got options for what you want to do as well. We run our ops with tanks, air, infantry, and support so we can cover whatever is thrown at us and you have options on what you want to play as. We also run training for each of these so you can be the best at what you want to do.

Drop by anytime to our TS at ts.imperialreach.com:7057. Keep in mine for a few more hours/days we will be separate but you have a lot of options.
  3. Jester238

Thanks for the response, I'll definitely get in touch with you guys at some point.
  4. RedOak

Cool man. we were kind of expecting a merge today but that forum post got deleted so its all up in the air. Hope to speak with you soon.
  5. Dagonlives

http://www.bearsnakes.com/about

Give us a lookup if you are interested in playing with an outfit that emphasizes teamwork and quality of players over numbers. Judging by your original post, you would be right at home with us.
  6. EnternalShade

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-resistance-regiment.78911/

Give us a look. You say you're looking for a mature group. Well bunch of guy's in their 30's having fun can be mature. We are just into Guild Wars 2. We are a gaming community so we play more then a few things. WarThunder has really peaked our interested. Planetside get's boring eventually so if you're looking for longevity group then we can hold onto that.