NC MAX anti-infantry options

Discussion in 'MAX' started by PoopMaster, Nov 29, 2012.

1. PoopMaster

So I test trialed some of the NC MAX anti-inf weapons and they all seemed very similar. Which ones stand out the most? I can't really tell.
  2. MrMacaroli

All AI weapons across the factions are exceptionally similar to the default. It's in the little things, the minor bits that they stand out.

The Mattock has a tighter spread for less damage, allowing you to land more pellets at long range.
    The Grinder has two additional clips per magazine for a slightly longer reload + accuracy loss, allowing you to fire more.
    The Hacksaw has automatic fire capability for a much longer reload time + slight accuracy loss, allowing you to hold down the mouse button to unload significantly faster than semi-autos.

Out of all of these, the Hacksaw is the only one that confers a benefit not attainable by either slugs (Mattock) or extended mag (Grinder). They are all, however, personal choice.
  3. Vonluckner

I trialed the Mattocks and found them to be not bad. The extra range is nice but they still don't kill fast beyond 20m.

I currently use the Hacksaws and love it. I think vs. normal infantry they're not actually thaaat much better than the Scatterguns, but they do shoot a little faster and that makes them better for blitzing down enemy MAXes.

I don't really have any interest in the Grinders. If you need to lay down suppressing fire, just shoot with one arm while reloading the other.
  4. Zaik

Do you have any idea if the Mattock's Slugs have a tighter CoF than the others?
  5. Quor

Mattock slugs have the same CoF of the Mattock, near as I can tell. Slug ammo is still very worthwhile, both for the baseline Scattercannon and for the Mattocks. I can reliably engage targets at ~50m with dual slug ammo guns, and I've landed kills on targets out to about 100m, although that was mostly luck. Anything past about 80m is something of a crapshoot, but still insanely better than using normal shells.