[Suggestion] My List of Priority fixes for the UI

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyridius, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Cyridius

I'm actually compiling a manifesto of changes I'd like to see atm - some 10 A4 pages and growing - and some of that stuff is in it.
  2. Ryekir

Cool! (and yikes, that's going to be a lot to read through!) :)
  3. DNSCRASH

No, I am not.

I'm in TE.

I never said that.

Hasn't stopped you from writing a long, inaccurate reply though.

You presume everyone wants to fight. They don't. Very few people want fights, many people want XP. Hence, the reason to make it XP based is to incentivize people to go fight, and then TE will be where the fight is.

The point I made was about UI.
  4. Cyridius

You are making terribly unclear points.

I made a point that we should show the number of enemies and friendlies in the area. The vast number of times we have hot dropped into the area and found it totally uncontested is colossal.
    If that is not what you are referring to, then I'm also saying we should see the numbers of people on the continent. We've been to continents numerous times during Ops to find they're totally dead even though the % when we first went is even.
    Your response to that is that we don't need to see these figures and it should show the XP % bonus instead. My response is what you're saying makes no sense because it's entirely unrelated to what I'm saying, and XP % bonus feature per region or continent isn't even in the game yet. Your response is in effect that it is in the game.

Colour me confused.

Then to add to that you say you're an Enclave member. You should know then on Ops nights where this is relevent we do not look for XP whorring. We look for fights. And to find fights we drop into red alerts. We often drop into those red alerts to find no fighting there. If this is feature was added this would not happen nearly as often.

I'm talking about the user interface. You're talking about giving XP bonuses to incentivise people to fight in an area, and that you don't need to show the number of people because you can show XP bonuses..? One is UI, the other is a game mechanic.