Minegaurd needs balancing - Crazy overpowered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phyr, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Phyr

For 30 certs you can render 150 resources + 100 certs completely useless. For 80 certs you can laugh hysterically in the engineers face. The cost of minegaurd versus the cost for tank mines is completely unbalanced in favor of minegaurd.

Don't even get me started on AP mines and Flak armor.
    • Up x 2
  2. Morpholine

And then the engy pulls out his C4...

It's lose-lose.
    • Up x 2
  3. drNovikov

Yep, with this tank mines became useless. Engie can magically repair his tank in a couple of seconds.
  4. FateJH

Mine Guard under the current implementation is fine ...
    ... except that too few people use it!

It is my duty to educate them through aggressive application of mines.
    • Up x 7
  5. Phyr

For the amount of certs needed they do a pathetic amount of damage, but this isn't about C4, this is about how OP minegaurd is.
  6. Dante589

Mine guard is perfect as is, its just that, a MINE GUARD. It does not protect against C4, nor protect against heavy assault's shooting rockets, or tanks, or anything else. Its a trade-off, Blockade armor protects against everything that mine guard does not, but if you use Blockade armor, then you are vulnerable to tank mines.

2 Tank Mines will kill any non-mine guarded ground vehicle, i use them all the time at crown to kill enemy sundys that think their safe on the north hill, i just slide down the hill, plant 2-3 tank mines, and enjoy the delicious exp that i gain because the driver did not plan ahead and put mine guard on the sundy.
    • Up x 3
  7. kuch128

LOL you have got to be kidding right? No seriously I hope this is a joke.
    • Up x 2
  8. Radec594

This thread's tears amount is proportional to my laughs.

Get AT mines to do what they're meant to do instead of one-hit-killing short range grenades, and then we can talk about highering the cost of mineguard :)
    • Up x 3
  9. makrome

Mineguard is waaay to powerful.
    It also doesn't need resources once certed, that's double unfair.
    Nerf protection mineguard gives AND make it cost resources
    And maybe add some time to activate it.
    And once someone spawned at that sunderer dies, mineguard armor should disappear.
    • Up x 1
  10. HitmanN

Mineguard only protects against one single thing. It has to do well at that one thing to serve its purpose.
    • Up x 3
  11. Phyr

YES! Someone who gets it!
  12. Ghosty11

I like pie!
    • Up x 1
  13. Keydyn

The OP fails to mention the resource cost and respawn time of the vehicle with mine guard. Its the old esf vs skyguard argument. But no mine guard works just fine. You respawn faster than my sundy. My sundy takes more res than your mine.
  14. Raital

Every time I blunder into a mine and fail to die from it because I have flak armor, I feel a pang of pity for the engineer who will never know if his mines are still where he laid them because the kill is the only notification he gets if someone sets his mines off when he's not around. Then I let my shields come back and I soon blunder into a second without dying, and then I just feel guilty, because I just made someone waste 150 resources and he's never going to know if it's safe for him to lay new mines or not.

But anyway, mineguard, yes.

Mineguard is definitely crazy overpowered. I mean, nanoweave doesn't make bullets useless. Flak armor doesn't allow Heavy Assaults to make disparging comments about HE rounds tickling when fired from MBTs. Yet we have a cheap, cheap cert (compared to 1000 cert maxed out flak armor, and does that let me just laugh at tank rounds that hit me in the face? No, of course not) that makes a weapon completely useless. I mean, what's the point of even certing tank mines and buying them? You might as well just buy C4 and go for the guaranteed kill of 2 C4 and UBGL, instead of wasting your time with AT mines. There's no reason to even glance at tank mines because mineguard and engineers being able to repair their vehicles anywhere makes it so you might as well not even bother laying down mines at all.

Edit: I'm treating this as the joke topic it is, btw.
  15. korpisoturi

NO , this is about you kicking and crying cos you cant get easy kill EVERY freaking TIME you place your tank mines to the ground and vehicle drives over it, OR when you suicide rush to enemy sunderer/tank with your tankmines and its not enough to kill it ?
    • Up x 1
  16. Phyr

I'm not kicking and screaming, I'm making a well thought out argument about how easy it is to completely negate another classes certs and resources.
  17. Serval

I'd like to see you get a mineguard without paying resources, it can't be obtained without buying an entire vehicle.
    • Up x 2
  18. RazerKilll

well sinds the forums are the way to QQ about things OMG WTF OPPPPPP

lol srsly? as a full time engi i have respect of ppl that do fit mine guard.
    i kill a ton of sundys and lol if they surprised me that they Do have it fitted.
  19. Eyeklops

20. makrome

that's why it has to be nerfed.
    I mean, c'mon, certs and resources spent for mines to do one task and then one cheapskater with his 30 cert upgrade renders my efforts useless ?
    Not fair man, not fair.