[Merger] Any SolTech players here?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyridius, Feb 21, 2013.

1. bronadius

I play on sol tech and was planning on transferring to get away from PSOD and PLOX and transfering to Mattherson. You will be getting a large amount of Vanu, but stupid Vanu who waste 99% of the time trying to circle the crown because it's fun while losing the rest of everything they control. I am hoping GOTR and AZ can whip them into line. Just ask any Sol Tech'rs about TheHalo1Pistol the guy is a complete joke just zergs around with no actual strategy besides its fun to do. I have seen sunderer parades, magrider stacking parties constant, Galaxy stacking, flipping, and train parties. My outfit mates and I used to try to run platoons but the Majority of Vanu get caught up having fun at the Crown while all our territory disappears.
  2. Cyridius

Despite its reputation, TE gets on astoundingly well with other TR on this server except for ones intentionally belligerent. But if you want to be negative, you can just wait for the server transfers and move on.
  3. Cyridius

Mattherson will whip 'em into shape. Once people play on our server... they seem to become more competitive.
  4. Mustarde

SolTech is a great server, with good outfits on all factions. The big problem we had was lack of numbers. You folks on Mattherson complain about esamir/amerish being dead... well I made a mattherson alt just to play a little on esamir/amerish. Trust me, you dont know what a true ghost town was until you spent time on those continents on our server (even during primetime).

I also think your individual stats (on mattherson) are distorted due to higher population density. Our top player is BR 78, which is somewhere near #17-20 on your server. All of our BR's are lower and I suspect (without proof) that it is mostly a factor of pop density. That will make it hard to really compare performance between the transplants and natives for a little while.

I'm excited for the merge. The TR are very organized here, not just within outfits but across outfits. Fresh blood will be great for the game. I don't think the NC/VS realize what they are in for though... :p
    • Up x 1
  5. DankFist

Except Buzzcut. He'll just call us bad and sing his bad song.
  6. Alkasirn

Ah SolTech, a great server. Seems to have a lot of mature players, but a considerable VS population advantage (at least when I'm on... but then again I'm VS so I don't mind!)

I'm not sure how I feel about the merge. I originally started playing on Jaeger, but after about a month of that I got sick of absurd net lag. Got sick of every other person killing me completely through a wall (and then popping around a corner after I was dead), got sick of firing 60 rounds at someone 2 meters away while they took no damage, got sick of about one in ten people warping around violently. I re-rolled on SolTech in mid-December and all those issues immediately disappeared. Since then I've only been killed completely through a wall twice, my hit detection seems identical to everyone else's, and I saw maybe one in 100 people warp around. Instantly fell in love with SolTech. (About a month ago I made an alt on Jaeger to see if something changed with it. Nope, I still got terrible lag at Jaeger)

...so I'm worried about moving to Mattherson, especially since it will be getting a large increase in players. I don't have any problems with you guys on Mattherson, I'm just not sure if the connection between my computer and the server (I don't want to say 'my connection' as it's more than capable of handling PS2 and I don't want to say 'the server's connection' because most other people on Jaeger seem to be doing fine) will continue being good or if it will make the game nearly unplayable for me like it did with Jaeger. :(
  7. PSBJ

Great, now we have to deal with TE, the worst TR faction in the whole game.
  8. Mathadox

SOLTECH

The Vanu will hit you quick and hard. They are Semi-Organized, probably the second most organized Empire on Soltech. They often have the best snipers and zergs. Their weakest spot is in the air, where the NC rules. They're the midground overall in SolTech. They are often in mass numbers and usually use Mag's to reinforce their bases and assaults. They are particularly good it seems at capturing Bio Domes, not quite sure why. They're also arguably the hardest faction for infantry to defend against on SolTech because they have a tendency to sneak around you and wipe out many of your guys. I remember yesterday in TI Alloys, there was a Vanu Sniper rocking some kind of Automatic Rifle just decimating people straight out of the spawn. It caused Chaos, but because eventually of the Vanu's extremely lacking air support, they weren't able to take over the base despite them winning the Infantry fight. Some ESF's was all it took.

The TR on SolTech are easily the most Coordinated. The problem with it all though, is that they lack particularly good players. They just listen very well. They're often the team that is caught on two fronts, fighting atleast one Major Battle with the Vanu and the New Conglomerate. However, despite their lack of skill, and in some cases number, they can easily hold the crown with less than half of the numbers of the attack force. They do incredibly good in knocking aircraft out of the sky, and have the best MAX usage on the server. Where they lack is attacking. They excel at attacking but fail miserably at attacking. They are not good firefighters to say the least. Unlike the Vanu which have the medium ground for most things, the TR do not most notably because of their Ineptitude in infantry vs infantry battles. However, I cannot stress enough how organized they are. They'll draw you off to Crossroads or a Bio Dome or somewhere else, then blitz the Crown in Galaxies and Sunderers in 15 minutes. Then you have to break their defense all over again.

The New Conglomerate on SolTech are disorganized. Outfits on this faction are not very good. However, what carries the team is both it's control of Esamir and Amerish, and it's aptitude in the Reaver. I will tell you right now that most Reavers on SolTech are godly. I've seen three guys fly around and just destroy an ENTIRE crown invading force of more than 75 players. SolTech will take over your base just because we fly three reavers fully upgraded over it and shell the hell out of your base. That's our number one asset. You risk getting shot down by a Reaver outside of your warpgate. They are everywhere, so much that it's annoying. When I use to play TR the most, I'd fly out of bounds periodically to make sure I wasn't being trailed by a Reaver. I will also go as far to say they have the most talented individuals, but the least talented overall population. I'm not sure why, but the 5% of good players on NC hold up the 95% of not so good players and I think they'll be a deadly addition to the NC on Matherson which I never hear about.

PS. I Play All Factions Evenly.
  9. TrenchDigger

Honey Badgers don't give a damn
  10. TheHalo1Pistol

Which is definitely why I am more successful than you with my outfit. And for the record you dumb mother****er I hate the crown. It is people like you who do absolutely nothing to contribute to our team and to top it off you CONTRADICT ORDERS AND OFFER NO VAIBLE ALTERNATIVE. **** you bronadius. **** you.
  11. TheHalo1Pistol

By the way we haven't done any of those. That was PSOD back in its prime.
  12. TheHalo1Pistol

OH and my unconventional zergs work you ******. Just ask lucidius: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...etside-2-celebritys.86488/page-3#post-1133458

To top it off my video of my air Zerg saving us the UES on soltech.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=yglSst--a1Y
  13. Roland0077

Yeesh Pistol take a chill pill. you guys deff put up the most memoriable fights for me, seeing as I was always seeing ur name in a galaxy lol. But man people will have opinions, dont get so worked up
  14. TheHalo1Pistol

Bronadius is trying to sabotage my relations with matherson vanu and I am not going to stand for that.

*EDIT* This is what happens when you **** with me too much. I go ape**** with words.
  15. bronadius

Sorry I should of separated the two points better, I was not trying to insinuate that was you as I know that was PSOD. I am also not trying to sabotage you the guy who posed the question was TR and I was simply giving my opinion of Vanu on Soltech.

You are right I don't always offer a valid options besides yours. Mainly because it wont matter as between PSOD and 404 you have 2/3 of the active Vanu population on the server so its not gonna matter what I say. Look it basically comes down to you and I have two vastly different opinions on how things should be done and how we have fun playing the game. I think we should be fighting to expand our borders more than one place at a time with strong but equal fighting forces spread out to help counter any rush NC or TR might make against our lines. You (404th organized tank ZERG) and PSOD (purple SWARM of doom) believe in one large zerg running around taking bases and not caring about having an actually front line but where ever the next base you are going at is. Sure large battles are hella fun but so is painting the entire map purple and you cant to that taking one territory at a time with one force. Example last night, 2/22/13, you and PSOD zerg all the the way to the NC warpgate and just fight at crater firing range and camp connery, all the while leaving NC territory behind you and surrounding you on your sides. Thus allowing your two larges forces to get completely cut off and surrounded all the while one small sunderer filled with NC caps 2/3 of our territory as you two are two busy trying to fight 5 hexes from the front line. Or two nights ago when you got mad at me when I told people "or you could actually do something useful and defend our own territory" in response to you trying to get every single person to TI alloys, because it was a "fun fight." At the same time NC is pushing down past Rashnu to our warpgate.

Most of the time when this happens I get discouraged and log off because it wont matter what I say. You were one of the first people to buy the orders channel on Sol Tech so you have a lot of people who listen to you and joined your outfit. Hell when I first saw you using the orders channel I had no idea anyone could buy it and I figured this guy must know whats up, hell I even participated in one of your first tank Zergs. Then I realized after the 15th "hey everyone redeploy to the warpgate and lets all spawn (insert vehicle name here) and zerg them," that hey this guy only has one trick in his bag.

I will say lately I have seen more team work out of you and communication between you and PSOD, my only gripe is that I wish you guys would split up into smaller zergs so it was more about controlling the territory we take and wasnt all about slashing across the map as far as you can go then getting cut off. I agree that I need to be less of a dick to you in orders as hell it isnt only you I disagree with, you just happen to be the loudest. Please just try protecting things you just capped instead of abandoning them afterwards. Please look at the map and see that hey we just left East canyon checkpoint but NC is taking again Bravo sqaud go back then secure it. Please look at the map and see hey this base only has enemies detected while the one next to it has a Platoon, so split up and not send the entire zerg to the empty base waiting for it to cap before moving on. I just ask for a little more strategy and a little less Zerg that is all.

To all VS on Mattherson, Halo is not a bad guy or leader he has tons of men that follow him into battle, my criticism of him is in no way a criticism of his Leadership.
  16. Bryony

Hey Cyridius.

I started a similar thread a couple of days ago but to find out a little more on Mattherson. There is some info there on Soltec, although things do start getting a little hostile once the Enclave starts to be discussed. There is some useful information amongst it all though.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/tr-soltec-mattherson-what-to-expect.96995/

Bryony [ AKA: Rocketsatdawn ]
  17. Mightyhalo

I have played on both servers and they are very similar. I think Sol Tec has a better corp of TR though but lower numbers, so that should help.
  18. ZephyrBurst

Currently it's fairly close during prime time, with TR down a few %, then later the VS and especially NC population till skyrocket. Esamir and Amerish are ghost towns that swap hands daily. TR had it waaay back, then VS got it for awhile, but currently it is neutral and has been that way for weeks.

I'm not too involved with the Outfits, but... bleh, pretty much what Mathadox said. It seems most ignore the orders chat on VS side though. I rarely see it have any effect on what the zerg is doing.

Looking forward to the merge.
  19. TehBenju

is halopistol seriously this belligerent? he's like BCP roidraging in every thread i see him in. Even BCP doesn't get this aggressive this fast