Keeps asking to reset password.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by notlando, Mar 29, 2013.

1. notlando

I have been trying to buy SC for 2 days now but cannot because it keeps telling me to reset my password. I had to create a new account just to post and open a ticket because you need to be logged in for that....

If buying SC is this hard then earning certs is the way to go
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Can you PM me the incident # of the ticket you submitted? I'll be happy to take a look when I can.
  3. ctrl_alt_mittens

Are you sure that you're logging into the official Sony website and not a phishing website? Also, make sure that you are using your account's username -- not your forum name (unless they're the same) or your e-mail address.
  4. notlando

Yeah I am on the legit website. The planetside and the sony one asks me to reset my password after i enter it (meaning that it's correct I guess)
  5. 1read1max

i keep on having the same problem every time i try to log in it says for security reasons you are required to change your password so i go in and i reset it and it says i have already changed my password so why do i have to change it again?

(i also know that i have changed my password as i used the "forgot password' feature and had an email sent to my email account that led me to where i reset it)
  6. Ripshaft

This happened to me on one of my accounts, which I believe was due to me having used it on my ps3 prior to their compromise incident a few years ago, after which they forced all accounts to reset their password. I knew that this was just japanese humility, as passwords would be astronomically impossible to gather even if they were able to get the data, so I reset to a different pw then back to my old one.

Worked fine on ps3, but soon as I tried to log in on a computer it kept asking me to reset the pw. I dont remember exactly how I fixed it, I do remember I had to answer security questions and then make a new pw that wasnt the same as the old ones, but beyond that I forget =/
  7. Gretzky99GOAT

I just created a new account to say I'm getting the same problem and the game keeps getting G99 error for 2 days straight now.
  8. Giovanni Dakota

9. mburl

Every time i boot the game it just closes around 80 to 90% and loads a page on my browser asking me to create a new account despite I'm already logged in and have been playing the game for a few months...