Is NC underpowered or harder to learn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ErCaiman, May 19, 2013.

1. Ganelon

No, you really need to play the game more before making blatant statements like that.
  2. Tekuila

Sigh.
  3. Xasapis

Well, considering that SOE gave one of the best LMGs that is best used while fully certed and in ADS mode medium to long range as a starter weapon, it is bound to get below average scores, when the game is mostly played in close to mid range. Not sure what the score has to do with how the actual weapon performs.

Go ahead and compare the starter VS sniper rifle with the NC rifle and I'm going to be that the VS rifles are doing bad, for exactly the reasons above.
  4. xGreedFuSioN

t
    try the carv, its pretty much a standard. the trac-5 and T1 arent so bad tho. our best lmg is a direct downgrade of your 2nd best
  5. MangoPunch

Once you get used to burst firing, our weapons are pretty damn good. In my opinion VS and TR are easier to pick up, but have a much lower skill ceiling.
  6. Stew360

This

but in heavy load where the swarm of TR noob zergfits when the servers broke our weapons suffer a whole lots exept for the EM1 and the GD7F weapons who as sufficient ROF to be still suitable in this massive unresponsive laggy mess

Zergfits actually overload to much a single smalls outpost and it make the NC weapons highly unresponsive and discusting to use
  7. Chubzdoomer

Yep. Well put.
  8. WalrusJones

Clearly, the man wasn't blown up.

Thus, he did something WRONG.
    • Up x 1
  9. ErCaiman

Uh, I main NC, though maybe I could use those when I get certs? they're close-medium range?

I got Gauss Burst, it PWNS, a LOT at mid range, kind of a problem at close range though, then is when RoF is needed and kind of pretty bad to get the other guy first down. But Burst-Firing manually seems pretty hard with a LMG, I mean, when I try to use it's stuff mostly for close range :confused:
  10. LibertyRevolution

NC is the burst fire faction. You have to fire in 3 shot bursts.
    If you don't like that playstyle, your in the wrong faction.

NC max is OP... When equipped with dual hacksaws, it has 6 full auto shotguns on its arms.
    Who ever thought shotgun maxes was a good idea should be fired, they own everything that walks within 15m of them...
    Yes they suck at any range >15m.. that don't change the fact they are OP <15m...

Reaver has the best vertical thrust and a strong gun.
    That is about all the good I can say about it..

Vanguard has the lowest score because NC doesn't like to pull them..
    They are clunky, slow, can't climb anything, feel like it strait out of WWII, and generally are not much fun to drive..
  11. soeguud

TR weapons really start to show their weaknesses across open ground. Which just happens to be where NC weapons start to shine. Unfortunately, open ground is where armour battles are played out so the advantage SOE's grudgingly granted the New Conglomerate is neutralised. That said after a few hours' practice the Gauss Saw is a damn fine weapon.

Always lead your targets when shooting.
  12. y3ivan

not entirely true. If stating that vanguard are bad at farming infantry, then what about magriders. They are nearly identical in terms of firepower and yet it out scores vanguard.
  13. Bankrotas

I'd argue that long range niche gun can be called best LMG NC have.
  14. ErCaiman

I use gauss burst and seems ok, but I can't burst fire at close range with a machine gun, all factions would be wrong faction if it's just because of something like that o_O

Strange....
    I like Vanguard, it's strong and the gun hit's pretty hard, it's pretty cool despiste being slow, hits hard and seems tough.
  15. Ultramarine

I gave you the data :p that was lazy of you. The SAW has fewer kills/hour than any other LMG in the hands of players BR40 and up. You think that means nothing about how the weapon performs?
    All 3 starting sniper rifles are terrible on the stat sheet as well, of course you'd know that if you'd cared to look rather than arguing against data without looking at it.
  16. Xasapis

Switch SAW with EM6 as starter LMG, problem solved ;)
  17. Ultramarine

It probably would, we'd have a better starting weapon. The data is based on BR40+, so its not weighed down by noobs, and its total time used is comparable to other weapons of its type, so it isn't time spent standing around that brought down its stats. The SAW is just plain underperforming. But, we do have other guns, and darn good ones so its all good.
  18. xGreedFuSioN

carv is default heavy weapon
  19. Ultramarine

Carv is good, one of the TR's highest scoring LMG's
  20. xGreedFuSioN

It's highest scoring because everyone uses it because weapons are expensive. Carv is garbage, TMG for life.
    • Up x 1