Infiltrator Side 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Inzababa

@DIGGSAN0

What I'm wondering at this point, is not why you didn't read my post (I'm the OP). I do that too sometimes, we all do.

I'm wondering why you would write such a long reply to something you didn't even read?

@OgreMarkX

thanks for that, I totally get that. I also do that and also sometimes choose infiltrator when I'm outnumbered.

I'm not emplying it's a bad choice, or that infiltrators need a nerf, but I don't like fighting in a base full of infiltrators. That didn't used to happen so I'm wondering why?

@breeje

Oh I'm not disputing that. Fighting noob to "ok" infiltrators is much easier than fighting noob to "ok" heavies. Good infiltrators though, I reckon are much more dangerous. But I don't like fighting a base full of infiltrators, whether it's easy or not.
  2. Rebelgb

LOL ok big guy! I'll go Inf so I can pat my stats and get a nice shiny high k/d so I can "get a clue about the game". LOL I love kids like you who play in mommys basement with a bag of chitos and family guy on the tv in the background calling out people with low K/D's. Good stuff!

A cloaked stalker class doesnt belong in a MMO FPS. This isnt WoW (no doubt your favorite game). Buy hey keep up with the cheese bro.
  3. stalkish

[IMG]
    You leave family guy alone :p.
  4. Scatterblak

Career inf here. You’d probably be right, but not for the reasons you think. Obviously, infiltrators have to fight somewhere. If we’re weak in a straight up fight against enemies who have heavier weapons and more hit points, why would we fight there? There’s a lot more to infiltrating (and doing well) than just disappearing – there’s a lot of guessing what the enemy is going to do, where they’re looking, what their objective is, etc. – second guessing and killing because we get the jump (or at least the first couple of rounds) on an enemy is the most effective way to play – those opportunities happen a lot less in a huge battle with heavies and maxes and LA’s all shooting every direction. Re: “is it a problem?” – that’s immaterial. It’s a logical consequence of the class’s strengths and weaknesses. If you nerf the class, you exacerbate the situation, because you’ll make the inf even less effective in larger battles – if you buff the inf, you’ll still see the same behavior, with a few infs (likely proportional to the magnitude of the buff) sliding over to the larger battles.Re: ‘high population that wasn’t there before’ – the higher perceived inf population in smaller battles began with the advent of the lattice, which started artificially funneling players into larger battles by default, and immediately started minimizing the effectiveness of infiltrators in general. Over (a short) time, we all figured out that, as infiltrators, smaller battles were not only more fun, but they could be of more value strategically than just jumping into the meat grinder – two or three good infs working together can often cut off an entire sector or two; in and around amp stations, capping and recapping points and flipping everything is, granted, a huge annoyance, but it also takes up a lot of the enemy’s time to deal with – that includes the surrounding sectors which might be far less populated, but might be valuable as forward staging areas for our faction.

At the end of the day, we don’t have the firepower for continual CQC or front line combat – the smaller fights you’re noticing, though, often have a more strategic component that is readily apparent. I’m a BR108 inf, and that’s just about the only class I’ve ever played – it was just the most fun – and now I play with a friend who’s also a career inf. We often tank together, and work with our faction to gain territory, but when we’re looking for a straight up fight, we’ll go to a 12 on 12 or 24 on 24 before a 96+ every time – we’re just more effective that way.

Just my humble $0.02.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scatterblak

......Sure wish I could delete this extra spurious message the server wanted to create...
  6. DIGGSAN0

Fact is i played Planetside2 for over 2000 Hours (1500 on Steam) so just you know what my favorite game is.

Fact 2 is you played the game not as long as me.

"Angels of Death TR" and is talking about me beeing a kid :D

Who is the Leader? xXLordkillershooterXx
    Or is it: Shadowkiller99?
  7. brutes359

greeting from ps4 while I'm sure no one here knows us or cares. I would like to offer my two cents on the matter of this discussion. infiltrators are commonly overused in small scale battles do to their current status as one of the best if not THE best anti infantry classes in the game. utilizing the cloak to sprint and reposition in seconds and with S.M.G's literally less then a second to kill along with virtually no hip fire recoil (especially when given a laser sight) it is a fairly obvious reason why infiltrators are used so much.....put a heavy assault and an S.M.G. using infiltrator in the same room and I guarantee the infiltrator will win hands down.