Infiltrator is laughable.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Uninite, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Accuser

Step 3 is "Switch to a class that can actually fight in an enemy base."
    • Up x 1
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

• Up x 1
  3. cheetum

The class is called "Infiltrator" not "Sniper" for a reason. While they are an effective sniper, I do agree that their ability to infiltrate/sabotage could be improved. I disagree however that the pistols don't do damage. I find they are quite effective particularly when aimed well and/or used together with melee (shoot/stab or stab/shoot for quick kill). I think the cloak is fine. I do wish we had some way to combat vehicles, and/or more ability to sabotage. Check out my thread I just posted about a vehicle hacking tool which would help address this issue.
    • Up x 1
  4. Toccs

I don’t see an issue in close quarters either, sure we are weaker but if you use your cloak in a clever way you can be pretty devastating, if only I could record effectively… spent about 30 minutes last night out of ammo running around knifing people, hacking terminals etc with no issues.

I think having the TR burst fire pistol helps in that regard, 2 shots to the head and that’s about it (minus heavy’s of course).

If the devs where to buff the class in close quarters combat I think it would take away some of the quick tactical thinking required when you’re up close and personal… I wouldn’t say no to C4 However J
  5. Zinn

While I mostly play LA and HA, I've tried sniping a bit and it seems like a lot of fun, even though I'm not particularly good at it yet. There are only three things I'd like for my sniper: A 1,5x or 2x scope, less shake from explosions that are fairly far away (it's a bit silly atm, especially since full-auto guns can shoot right through the shake just fine) and maybe a better pistol selection. The biggest wish by far on that list is the scope, though, so I can be useful in fairly close quarters.

I don't know why some people have problems either playing or going against infiltrators because they're not that hard to play, nor kill, and this comes from a VERY average player. I'd just like to have some proper selection on attachments and pistols because the other classes can vary their playstyle significantly with a single weapon, whereas infiltrators don't really seem to be able to do the same. An option for more infiltrating (different pistols, low zoom scopes) and less long range shooting would be very nice, though.

Just imagine going into a base with an Infiltrator that carries something like a Spectre with a 1,5x or 2x scope, foregrip, suppressor and a backup pistol with burst fire, laying down proximity mines and using his cloak to move around when the enemy is otherwise occupied. You'd still lose to a good LA or HA but you'd be a lot more engaged in the base capture itself and could start taking proper advantage of your hacking skills too.

I know there are some scout rifles btw, but I'm talking about standard ones too.
  6. PanzerGoddess

is it me or has every video of an infiltrator been shooting with max scope range etc....not sure if people think this is the omg you have skill level or realize this is just more reasons for people to hate this class...lol Doesn't take much practice to kill at range, we need videos with something more....hmmm....close lol
    • Up x 1
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

This is exactly what I have noticed myself...

They're all Sniping videos, and worse yet...people whom try to pose the argument that Infiltrators are fine use these videos as a means to discredit those saying that Sniping is fine, but our versatility and infiltration is horrible. Tell us that the latter is fine..................because our Sniping is great. I don't understand the logistics behind this, or their inability to understand what we're trying to say...
  8. Krytical

@Panzer

That's because our weapons work best from distance. In CQC you will be at a disadvantage against every other class played by someone of comparable skill.

You ever notice how 90% of the kills in those "close-range" Infiltrator videos are people who aren't looking in their direction or mouth breathers who can't seem to hit the wide side of a barn?

Heck, you come across enough baddies and you could probably make a melee only video. Doesn't mean the knife is good, just means the players in the video sucked.
  9. PanzerGoddess

....lol is all I can say to this post. Skill level is skill level, the higher it goes the more even a player becomes against another skilled player, it comes down who is quicker and has the fastest aim x_X, does not matter the class.
  10. Krytical

Your constant rambling about skill level makes my brain hurt. I have thousands of kills as infiltrator. I know how to play the class and yes, I can kill scrubs in CQC too. You can kill bad players easily with just about anything. I also have thousands of kills as heavy assault, and I guarantee you I HAVE NEVER lost a straight up fight to an infiltrator in CQC. You know why? Because the second they pop in my FoV they get dead. You can't line up a quick-scope headshot when you're getting filled with lead by an LMG, let alone killing me with a pistol.

The point is, everything else being equal, the sniper is at a disadvantage in CQC. Obviously the guy with the quicker and better aim will generally win not matter what class he is playing. That's not how you compare classes.
  11. PanzerGoddess

again lol......
    "Obviously the guy with the quicker and better aim will generally win no matter what class he is playing"
    how does that go again lol..like I said skill (maybe I shouldnt call it skill level, perhaps level of play you are at) level. The whole "I HAVE NEVER" just made me lawl. Keep up the good, you are truly badass, you should sign up for a pro league, I mean you must be really really good.
  12. Krytical

My argument is perfectly valid to anyone who is familiar with the whole comparing things in vacuum or controlling for outside bias thing. If you want to compare infiltrator to other classes, you have to assume EQUAL skill. You can't say infiltrator is good because a skilled guy can kill unskilled players with it. Obviously the guy with better aim wins no matter what class. It's really not that a hard concept to understand, but then judging by your signature it seems thinking is not your strong point.

And yes, I'm good enough to recognize that infiltrators's CQC capabilities need work but not yet conceited enough to go around every thread claiming I'm the Jesus of CQC headshots and those who claim infiltrator is at a disadvantage in CQC simply don't have the OVER 9000 SKILL POWER LEVEL.
  13. PanzerGoddess

yup your right, just gonna agree with you now, since you compared my sig to...not sure, this is easier, my brain wont hurt from your typing anymore.

You mad bra?
  14. InducedApathy

I'd like to be able to use other weapons besides the sniper rifle. The pistols are lacking so allow us to use an ar or carbine perhaps a shotgun instead. Mostly play my inf as a base assault capper hacking consoles while it caps and moving along.
  15. Krytical

Mostly amused.

Hopefully now that you agree with me you'll also stop derailing every thread with the "SKILL LEVEL" thing. Yes, the more skilled infiltrator beats the less skilled player, so does the more skilled Heavy Assault, medic, etc. We get it. The concept has only been around since video games were invented.
  16. PanzerGoddess

they had shotties during beta, not sure why we dont now. The pistol is awesome at close range but ammo isnt exactly in abundance unless you cert in it. Not sure our class was ment to use carbines etc.
  17. PanzerGoddess

why yes professor, let me know what I can do for extra credit.
  18. Wobberjockey

i have been finding myself to be a reasonably effective infiltrator using an Artemis with a 3.4x scope, fore grip and a silencer... or roughly about 1230 certs. that said i STILL die in a fraction of a second once an enemy looks at me.

the bolt action snipers and the SA specter can be pressed into service effectively as DM rifles when working with a squad, but that is hardly a case of infiltration... and this completely ignores the fact that an infiltrator has exactly one option when confronted with a vehicle that isn't a flash: HIDE!

for a class that is supposed to be neck deep in the enemy lines, i would certainly like some additional tools to deal with the wide variety of threats we tend to face. heck i'd settle for the ability to put a red dot on my pistol
  19. Tenebrae Aeterna

That's just begging to be turned into a poor joke.
  20. PanzerGoddess

you know it :)
    • Up x 1