If you help run or are the leader of one of the TR outfits read and reply.

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Slyguy65, Feb 18, 2013.

1. zib1911

I think your letting ODAM bias waterson TR. Imperial Reach, Clan Draconis Lupis, Ego, The Art of War all have a alliance running, we also have a TS server for our alliance. There is Teamwork on Waterson. Just don't look to slyguy to lead you.
    • Up x 2
  2. SiosDashcR

This is true- but unfortunately because of the sheer size of ODAM, it's as if they represent the population of the TR.
  3. zib1911

I know it was also a problem with BRIT, but they pretty much died off after bicuts left. I hate how the annoying large zergfits are the ones that bias people towards a servers factions.
  4. Dagonlives

I think someone from Imperial Reach contacted us already. Looking forward to it. HTSL, BRSN and TT6 have a good joint operation thing going on. Should not be hard to incorporate this into your existing structure.
  5. SiosDashcR

Meanwhile, ARC will continue to be a small outfit until their leader gets his sh*t straightened out.

.. Oh wait - That's me. :c

In all seriousness, I'd love to join and do so but we have multiple restrictions on us right now.

As I speak, certain groups of users are being kicked off the TS3 due to connection lost (possible DDOS after an issue happened with another person not apart of the outfit).

Our forums aren't even close to done yet, still trying to set up a proper resolve and application/screening process.

That on top of school and amongst others have really set us far back, unfortunately.

I hope you don't take it to offense as to why I haven't been much in touch with you guys, but it's usually because of all of the above and more just kinda has ARC small and constrained. Although you already know how much we enjoy your company. :)
    • Up x 1
  6. martane665

Gray is the leader of ARC, and as an ARC member from launch who plays nightly helping to secure influence,taking and actually defending bases while the rest of ya are arguing like girls on the rag, meanwhile ARC and other small groups are busting their ***** versus overwhelming odds. What is holding TR back is the fact most prefer easy certs than to taking continents. The next person who
    speaks badly of ARC should know us before opening their piehole.
    • Up x 1
  7. Raiger

This is exactly what I was talking about, hell this is what used to do all the time, cap dead continents. Fly a mossy to a "No Activity" territory and silent cap it. These are simple tactics that are nothing but a chore. I am talking about the end game, when 80% of the territories are taken and the Vanu (usually) start shifting their pop to that continent. That's when numbers are needed, and that's when ODAM sticks it out whenever they decide to take Esamir or Amerish.

Edit: BTW I'm not talking badly about any of the outfits, even ODAM refuses to come to Esamir or Amerish when we are so close (and I've wasted an hour silent capping soo many territories). I was criticizing the grand strategy of the TR faction as a whole, which was solely focused on Indar. The good news is that recently we are dominating again, with Esamir and Amerish being wholly defended.

P.S. As for the Jaegar guys, I'm looking forward to the new ideas you'll be bringing with you. Hopefully it'll be an easy transition for us both. The Waterson TR outfits may seem like they hate each other (or maybe only ODAM?) on the forums, but we always pull together and work with one another in game.
  8. hondaf17

Well said Tibincrunch. I've played with you and your outfit many times and appreciate the good leadership and communication of you and your outfit. Keep up the good work and see you on the battlefield soon.
  9. MorganM

Apparently not because in-game your just as smarmy and pretentious as you are here.
  10. echo5rom3o

Ok so maybe a better way to approach this would be one, after the server merge and two, find out what each outfit's strengths are so that objectives and an areas can be passed out based on an outfit's area of expertise. Example, if one outfit has great pilots and good ground force that needs to be identified, in the other hand if an outfit has the ability to form a massive shock troop force and support with armor, that too needs to be identified. We don't need an "alliance", we need communication on a large scale. There is no one leader of the TR on Watersonn so stop acting like you are. There is a fine line between leading and shouting a like rambling idiot into the mic on the command channel. So when the TR on Waterson are done being split apart on Indar by NC and VS, get together, start communicating, not shouting on the command channel, and start putting a hurting on the NC and VS and lets take back Indar by the end of the weekend. Keep in mind this is not a real military, ask and you may get what your looking for, shout and you will just get muted.
  11. Kegstand

Don't really know who you are Dagonlives don't really care either but heres an observation from a somewhat neutral perspective. Granted I am somewhat biased being a recent recruit to VICI, but I am also new to the server and the game and I call it straight up without pulling punches.

My observation from reading comments of yours in a few posts now is that you have some personal beef with VICI. I see it time and again from game to game, business to business, easily bruised ego guy gets butt hurt over what someone said or did to him and then runs around screaming to everyone how aweful the other party is.

Now in a non official reply to your comments yes VICI may have seemed a bit disorganized during a time whent he main commanders are not online. In my experience so far with the outfit they have some brilliant leaders and some others who are still learning but aren't we all? They have experienced quite an influx of soldiers and anyone taking on so much in so little time needs a bit of time to adjust.

Basically Emobb quite possibly the most brilliant of their leadership has said from the time I joined that they mix platoons with outsiders to give everyone a chance to be a part of the greater action. This allows folks like myself to have a purpose rather then run around like lost sheep or hanging out at the crown not knowing where else to go. The fact they aren't trying to be elitists makes it all the more appealing to the standard player.

As for your comment on them TK'ing folks I can only say that every players has his own mind but TK'ing is highly frowned apon and not even really joked about in chat. In fact after being tk'd by a TRAF guy 6 times in a row then run over 2x by another TRAF guy I excalimed in /O I was gonna go ape **** on them and was quickly reminded my membership would be terminated if I did.

Sure they need work and they are working on it, but they don't deserve to look like crap players which is the way your painting the picture. You lol'd at the average BR which should have told you that a bunch of vets are currently training newer folks and they need some time to get things straight. But instead you acted exactly like that guy I explained earlier. I asume your next step will be to lol at me because of my stats and thats fine if I wanted an awesome K/D ratio I would hang back farm kills and hop in for the final cap like what half these guys do. I will eventually start up my kill ***** player once I have learned what I need to on this toon.
  12. LieutenantHuge

Lol
  13. Ammathor

This is why most of the major outfits have a beef.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. Dr. Coathanger

Don't forget the next day any HSTL guy that joined in a platoon with v1c1 got tked on sight till they left.
  15. Dagonlives

No I have no personal problem with V1C1. In fact my outfit is willing to teach V1C1 how to play in a more organized fashion. In fact, I offered this to Zekeriah two days ago. I understand the pains of a new outfit. especially one that just recruits freely.s

My frustration with V1C1 was their rampant TKing (which almost ruined an operation) and the fact that their disorganization does actually impact my outfit directly. The amount of times I have been friendly fired by a V1C1 guy while attempting to breach is fairly often, or two of my squad members on foot get run over by a tank that is simply not looking and I have to wait 15 seconds for them to maintain cohesion. Your fighters land on top of mine to refuel. You guys also never apologize for these sorts of things. It makes you guys seem inconsiderate. When I point these things out, I get yelled at for being elitist or a 'passive aggressive *****'. I am just calling it as it occurs, and while I am understanding, I am not sugar coating.

V1C1 then has the balls to say that they get most things done on the server. If you count team killing and ghost capping, then yes. You count actual combat capability? Joe Casual does it just as well right now and hes a humble guy that doesn't crowd leadership chat with ranting.

I hope you guys improve. We are willing to help you do so.
  16. JudicatorRex

Yeah... No that didn't happen that I saw. I was on from 1-5pm then from 7-10pm that night and i didn't see it, it is possible that I just wasn't aware of it happening, but TKing is frowned upon in V1C1 and when people have come to tell Zek or any of us that V1C1 people TK them we ask for the offenders name so we can deal with it. Rarely and never that I have witnessed has someone ever named a person. We can't deal with TKers if we aren't informed who they are.

I'm sorry man while I don't condone TKing you can't blame the whole outfit. I get run over by TRAF, blown up by a TRAF prowler daily. I don't blame TRAF for it. I understand that when u have 500+ guys you can't watch them all. As i said previously tell Zekariah he will warn them or remove them based on the severity of the action or if you can't reach Zekariah tell Emobb, The Peruvian, Chibbihammer40k, or I. We are all officers and we care for V1C1's rep.

We do get a lot done on the server when it was Jaeger anyway. I've only been on briefly since the merger (Can't play on weekends). We do the important jobs we've warpgated the NC on several occasions with only TRAF willingly coordinating with us to do so while a lot of other outfits refused to even be bothered with it. Also similiar to TRAF we often go to different continents to try and cap them instead of contributing to Indarside. We have capped Esamir several times (not saying that's a great accomplishment or anything). We contribute to the server a lot more then people are willing to give us credit for, I am also willing to entertain your idea that maybe we brag a bit to much. I never see it, but I could just be oblivious to it.

Also dragonlives Zekariah is always looking to work with other outfits. We work with TRAF whenever we can mainly because they seem to be the only ones willing to. Whenever I'm on Zek is telling people in leader what V1C1 is doing and do you need us anywhere urgently. No one usually responds.
  17. Dagonlives

Telling other outfits what to do is not working with them.
    • Up x 3
  18. Caeleron

"I thought it was about time he TR gets an outfit alliance going, the unity is pathetic and just abysmal and needs fixing."
    A.K.A
    "Do what I say because you are all incompetent for not doing what I want."
  19. Kegstand

@Dagonlives. When you have 50 people running around like ******* in a building friendly fire is going to happen. This isn't any one outfit its everyone and their brother that hit points. Happens day in and day out people all rabbid for kills and run in front of 6 other guy trying to be first in line to die by the guns they just jumped in front of. The shear amount of time spent at points watching one door to see 4 guys running back and forth from door to door, this is the chaos of it all and that's every squad I have seen on the field.

As for TR untiy yet again I spent my day off as a squad member and a squad leader in VICI platoons. I see Traf/Odam and many others joining up. We warp gated NC tonight owned half 3/4 of Indar this evening...VICI platoons. I see no disorganization when leadership is present, maybe your basing your opinions off a day when you hit a platoon being run by a junior person but I can assure Zek/Emobb/Screwjoo know what is what and need no lessons in military strategy.

When in Rome do what the romans do...Join someone elses platoon follow their lead or find another platoon. It's nothing personal to anyone it's just the motion of the ocean. I join a pug I follow whoever is calling the shots without question or I find a new team to join. What ruins cooperation efforts in most cases IRL and in games is there are always a bunch more folks thinking they are chiefs when they should be an Indian until asked to be a chief.

Again I state this clearly as my understanding as a newer member, it is highly frowned apon to TK players on purpose, I almost got kicked for venting my frustration and saying I may TK people. So if you have been mowed over, and we all have, suck it up and do the right thing...complain to SOE to change it so vehicular manslaughter doesn't keep happening all day. I'd say ask for FF to be turned off but a lot is lost when 30 people can stand in a room launching launchers and not dying, though I see no reason for a 4 wheeler to bet blown up for touching a tank at 50mph. and tanks tossing tanks 70 feet in the air and blowing 3 other vehicles up when they land.

Sorry, yes I am long winded. I do have a bit of bias because I am a member but then again what do I look for when joining a guild/corp/outfit. I run a guild on wow, website ****'s suck ***. I don't like an extensive vetting process to join a group of people to "play a game" and forced to log in "X" amount of time a week or be kicked. They don't play that card which is great for the majority of casual players, no hassle, log in , see friends, shoot stuff, say good bye to friends, log off....the way gaming was meant to be.
  20. LieutenantHuge

Is this guy serious?
    • Up x 3