I feel ripped off.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Searingarrow, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Searingarrow

2 days ago I spent $10.00 and got 1000 station cash. Now today my friend spent $10 and got 2000 station cash. As far as I know nothing was ever said about a black friday sale. Just bought station cash two days ago. Two.
  2. siiix

get used to this , every where in life, either have patience and wait a month for a deal or stop complaing.. its called a DEAL and a SALE for a reason

jealous comparing only will make you look like a d0mba$$
    • Up x 3
  3. Desu

Obvious jeering aside. This man speaks the truth. Unfortunately sales come and go. Just be happy you supported the devs and that you'll be getting better content in the future because of your money.
    • Up x 1
  4. RobotNinja

Woah...10 dollars! What are you...made of money?

There are periodic 2x and 3x Station Cash sales that are most likely to occur during the holidays. SOE is not duty-bound to inform of when these sales will occur. Plan accordingly.
  5. G1n

this happens sometimes. I remember when some people bought TF2, only for it to go f2p very soon after. Same goes for any other sale any where in the world, it sucks but nothing you can do about it.
  6. Chriss

It's not like this Black Friday thing happens every year....oh wait...it does.
    • Up x 1
  7. Chancellor Gowron

You may not be aware of this but in the US the day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday and on this day many companies have huge sales.
  8. Tawkis

You're a merciless crowd. It's all true though, but it could be worse. You could have bought a house in 2008, and then watched all houses go on sale in 2009.
    • Up x 1
  9. HadesR

<<< Not an American and even I know that most companies do promo's such as this on Black Friday
  10. Landtank

I don't know if you have a twitter account, but follow John Smedly and he will keep you updated on server info, as well as some sales, especially if you ask him.
  11. notyourbuddy

You feel ripped off. I feel special for having bought SC on sale. We have effectively balanced out the universe.
  12. BuzWeaverPS2

For us SOE old timers its not uncommon for Double Station Cash to appear around certain Holidays, learning has its cost, but now you know.
  13. Sikab

i bought the winged guardian mount in world of warcraft. 5 days later it was on a -50% sale. life's a *****, suck it up and move on.
    • Up x 1
  14. ErrantPilot34

Well it's lesson learned, we've all done it before and hey 10$ ain't too much just be more educated on sales and deals from now on...
  15. Tactics

One word "Twitter"
  16. Beef Castle

The best means of acquiring station cash is to wait for 3x station cash sales. They are rare but they do occur. Go to Walmart and purchase Sony station cash cards($15 denominations) because you get an additional 500 station cash for free. Redeem the station cash cards on a 3x sale date. Doing this for example will result in getting $120 station cash for $30 real currency.

3* (3000 points + 1000 free Walmart points) = 12000 points.
  17. Hurricane500

You should feel ripped off. If you paid with a credit card I'd suggest that you contact you company and cancel the payment.
  18. schwarzklang

halloween i spent 10€ and got 3000 SC.
  19. TimeyWimey

never buy smedliebux at regular price, there's a sale of some kind at least once a month~~.
  20. siiix

i called 35 gamestop locations none of then where willing to read me the numbers of the card if i buy the card with a credit card... so yes i feel kinda screwed as well... never the less i undertsand that this is how it works

i also called up all and every friend in the US trying to convince them to drive to gamestop to get that damn card for me .. no luck

by the way last time i missed the TRIPLE SC sale by 3 hours (was nov 4th) , thats life take the opportunity when ever its then and dont whine about when you missed it your fault or not