How would you buff the NS-15M to compensate 0.75 ADS being removed off of it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Aug 6, 2015.

1. WeRelic

And the circle of life comes round again...

This*1000. I'm not against the idea of slowing heavies down, but this is what I was getting at. Sometimes, too much balance is unbalanced.
  2. Ronin Oni

I never considered the Orion or other VS CQB LMGs an issue in the first place, and my first response was "well give it to TR and NC then!"

I play all factions and honestly it's nothing game breaking at all.

Sure, Orion is a better STARTER lmg than the SAW... but the SAW is just a TERRIBLE choice for Starter LMG. Terrible choice. Great weapon but one of the highest skill floor LMGs in the game.

The HA hate is entirely unfounded and completely inane. I don't even use HA in inf combat ( I only use this Avatar for the look) other than occasional Lasher duty... otherwise I always use it for AV only (there's a reason the only HA suit slot I've ever certed is Munitions Pouch)

Oh, and how exactly would my overhaul "break" the game? It'd at least cause the different weapon types to have different feels to them that matched their size and weight. You can tweak stats a tad for anything that needs it....

You know, like you want to do to the NS11M?

Yeah.
    • Up x 2
  3. Nalothisal

you know what, **** it.

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  4. Scorpion97

Remember that you are the one who started the argument about the VS LMGs (although it's a NS-15 thread) by replying on ubernoob(which he actually didn't mention the VS on his first post) with this
    And then you keep telling everyone that the discussion isn't about VS LMGs

Besides,the NS-15 isn't lacking,i actually liked it MORE than the Orion and it's my first LMG to aurax,this game isn't based on "should" or "shouldn't " becouse there are TENS of unlogic problems in the game,so instead of thinking how reality is relevant to ps2?think of what stats that are JUST important to a weapon to compete with

Now tell me,what's the problem when a heavy is moving faster than others?you simply dodge bullits just as a magrider dodging shells which is the Orion strongpoint and makes sense as well (I explained why in the wishlist)
  5. NCstandsforNukaCola

NS-15m seems fine to me at least.
    What makes VS 0.75 LMG too good is their properties, not just 0.75x movement speed.
    Orion has mobility, durabiltiy, and high dps(firepower) simultaneously(which shouldn't be acquired by any class in this game).
    However NS-15m lacks one thing, the firepower. Of course it could get that damage capability with shooting in the head but in other words, shooting in the heads means that NS-15m compels users to shoot in the head if they want to compete with other high dps LMGs.

So.. yeah, NS-15m is Ok while Orion, Betelgeuse, SVA-88 should be adjusted.

Ps. I've faced another VS heavy grinding to Betelgeuse yesterday and I'm tired of those kinds.
    Never seen any guy who are eager to grind for GODSAW or Butcher though.
  6. Scorpion97

Becouse there is nothing good in VS other than LMGs,any other VS weapon is a downgrade of a TR/NC weapon

The same problem as NC is the most faction who use maxes

And don't say "shouldn't" becouse those LMGs were intended to get extra movement speed To fulfill the "dodge while firing rule" and not a copy-paste variation of other LMGs
  7. Scr1nRusher

They were not "intended".

Also do you understand how broken a concept of "dodging while firing" is when you factor in that with the HA shield?
  8. Scr1nRusher

So was ZOE "not a problem"?

Was the old PPA "not a problem"?

I mean really now people are more and more getting sick of the BS excuses that you guys use to defend anything you abuse that cause game balance issues.

This whole thread was not talking about the VS LMG's, just the NS-15M.

Its like every single 0.75 ADS related discussion turns into a Circle-jerk that turns into this:

"its not a problem/issue"

"get good/L2p"

"Its fine so shut up"

"VS is being victimized/I am triggered"

"Attacks the OP"

"Uses stats that only favor what they are trying to push"

IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME.

More people need to have courage and have a spine and confront this stupidness.
  9. Ronin Oni

As I already noted, the move speed drop from Shield is SO SIGNIFICANT only an epileptic blind amputee couldn't hit one.

EVEN IF THEY DON'T ADS AND ARE HIP-FIRING.

PLEASE cut it with the ".75 ADS + shield is OP" crap.

They do NOT function in tandem. The only advantage is that you go from good ADS move speed, to having extra HP, but NOT both at the same time.
  10. Ronin Oni

Did you honestly just compare the NS11M to ZOE and PPA?

lmfao. Just stop bruh, you only hurt your own arguments with your absurdities.

Should we also take this to assume you want to nerf the entire HA class into the same level of uselessness then?

Cause that's what I'm taking away from this.
  11. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS completely mitigates the HA shields movement speed penalty when the HA ADS's with shield on, you actually move faster then a normal 0.5x ADS weapon user whos ADSing.

Go ingame and actually test.

1) HA with shield off using 0.5x ADS weapon ADSing

2) HA with shield on using 0.5x ADS weapon ADSing

vs

1) HA with shield off using 0.75x ADS weapon ADSing.

2) HA with shield on using 0.75x ADS weapon ADSing.

Hell..... you can look at the actual data ingame that SHOWS that 0.75 ADS + HA shield on(when ADS) is faster then a 0.5x ADS weapon thats ADSing.
  12. Scr1nRusher

(facepalm).

I mentioned the ZOE & PPA because the same excuses have been used over and over again. Not to compare it to the NS-15M.

As for nerfing the HA class, it really just needs 3 nerfs(all easily done) and it would be fine:

1) Removing 0.75 ADS from the LMG's that have it.

2) Removing SMG access

3) remove the abillity for the ES G2G & G2A lock ons to be dumbfired.

I really have to say if more people actually duked it out with you, they would see how much of a spoiled almost immature person your online persona reflects.
  13. Ronin Oni

I dunno, I never noticed because a) I don't play HA for inf combat like I've said... I'm arguing against nerfing NS11m as a primarily Medic/Engie/LA player

and b) When they activate shield I never have any problem hitting them... ever.... no matter the faction or weapon they're using. The problem I have of course is their TTK nearly doubles... but that's offset by every round hitting and even extra headshots.... but that's also why HA is the front line class, and you don't engage HA head on in the open, but from behind cover or flanking.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Go ingame and test what I said.

You can physically see & feel the speed difference.
  15. Ronin Oni

1) no, the NS11m is bloody fine. It's also all faction so there's zero faction bias with this

2) quit it already. SMG gives up all range beyond 25m, it's a fair tradeoff, one I'd never make on a class without mobility/flank capabilities

3) lmfao wat.

The reason most people don't have to duke it out with me is most people don't flood this forum with a fraction of the spam you do.

I've turned "immature" because you're insufferable and incessant. I've tried logic with you, but you don't see logic. You live in fantasy land, so I talk to you as a child.
  16. Ronin Oni

And the difference is negligible.

If you can't hit someone slowed down from activated shield, that's your problem.
  17. Scr1nRusher

You keep burying your head in the sand when faced with this problem.

There shouldn't be a "difference".
  18. Scr1nRusher

1) The NS-15M isn't fine. Its a LMG with 0.75 ADS.

The "0.75 ADS on certain LMG" problem shouldn't be about faction bias of any kind, but better gameplay which 0.75 ADS on certain LMG's certainly doesn't do.

2) SMG's shouldn't be on the HA class for varying reasons.

3) being able to dumbfire them allows the HA to get out of or deal with situations it would otherwise be dead in/against.

I've noticed that when you cannot shove or bully someone, you insult them. What a sad person you must be inside.
  19. Ronin Oni

No, I'm not burying my face in the hand...

a more accurate metaphor would be ignoring the annoying gnat.

You're just on an anti HA crusade, and no, I'm not going to let you get away with it.

HA are the meat shields. They're the guys I always let go first and either
    a) Give me lots of revive XP
    b) give me lots of resupply XP
    c) distract the enemy while I flank

The class needs to be capable of front lining.

This is NOT a 1v1 CoD twitch shooter. HA IS supposed to have direct combat advantage. It's part of the over-arching balance.

The NS11m is a perfectly fine weapon. It's laughable you're making any kind of complaint post about it.

You are literally the only dummy, besides maybe some other blind HA haters, who have any issue with it whatsoever.

It's practically the definition of a non-issue weapon.
  20. Scr1nRusher

What is the "NS11m"? that weapon doesn't exist XD.

Also WHAT is so hard about physically looking & testing ingame?:

Also how am I going on a "anti-HA" crusade? I pointed out/targeted the actual issues of the class, which are:

1)0.75 ADS being on certain LMG's(Orion,BG,SVA-88, NS-15M)

2) SMG access

3) ES G2A & G2G lock ons can be dumbfired.

The reason why it sucks in some ways is due to being balanced around/with 0.75 ADS.

Also its still a LMG with 0.75 ADS, if 3 out of the 4 0.75 ADS LMG's are having 0.75 ADS removed & buffed to compensate the NS-15M shouldn't get special treatment.

The Fact that the NS-15M isn't getting 0.75 ADS removed aswell(when it actually should) makes things appear that the 0.75 ADS removals was focus on VS exclusively rather then be a "clean sweep" and setting the tone that 0.75 ADS shouldn't be on any LMG.