How do people earn so many certs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ProGamerGov, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Pat Cleburne

Premium member + 50% XP boosts on double xp weekends. During those weekends I earned approximately 200 certs per hour.
    • Up x 1
  2. SlayersGhost

very nice sir
  3. xMihr

Biolabs until a stalemate occurs and switch to ***** bombing. The amount of times VS/TR hold an airpad and have ten plus people sitting behind a corner makes for extremely easy injections of certs. Simply fly around the side, drop c4, detonate, throw grenade, receive certs.
  4. HyperMatrix

I think that's why they upped the XP from the Alpha Squad pack from +10% to +50%. On my NC char (only one I've tried with) I'm getting slightly higher XP than I was getting before the patch. That's with the +40% extra XP from Alpha Squad, and +15% defense bonus for defending a biolab. Perhaps my TR and VS will get more XP as they're better suited to combat. But I haven't seen any reduction in XP so I can't complain.

Don't compare it to the bugged 2x Kill XP we've been getting this last week. :p
  5. Drax

the night before the patch and during to X2 xp per kill i played for 1.2 hours and earned 116 certs i guess most of that was from the huge bio lab fight we had with the NC and TR.
  6. Niller

I farmed kills at zurvan in the double XP week to buy dual hacksaws and extended mags, then I farmed kills with my max :p No money spent. Sadly this game is more like farmingside 2. Glad for the new xp system though.
  7. Muerte_LOL

Be in it for the long run. The above post from entity is good. Just play, have fun, be daring. Aim for the head. I'm also mostly infantry, you can get into the mix quicker with out wasting a lot of time. Forget the kill/death ratio and just kill, assist,respawn and do it again and again.
  8. Gavyne

One of the best ways to "farm" certs is to just play the game, do what you enjoy, and certs are like icing on the cake that happen in the background. The less you think about it, the quicker it comes it seems. But it wouldn't hurt to make sure you get some extra time to play during those double exp days. Stock up your fridge with food, turn your cell phones off, and just play your hearts out. Get yourself a 50% cert booster, and even better if you are subscribed for 6 months which is another 50%. Certs just flow like river.

Having fun is more important to me though, which I do have fun so maybe that's why I don't feel the "grind" that some people feel.
  9. Kastrenzo

If you're really lazy, just be a pit crew or a triage station..

Play as an Engineer or Medic and just repair/heal stuff from a safe area

After I got premium I was getting like 100 certs in half an hour sometimes, so I have to admit the game is pretty much pay to win
  10. Daioh

Capping the points? does anyone do that anymore?
  11. ShokkWave

I don't worry about certs, I just play. Have over 1100 curently and not sure whay I'll spend them on. Not really worried about it. The certs will come as you play. I think people worry too much about the grind. I just have fun with the game, As you play, the certs will add up. Spend a little SC for things you want now, then just play. You'll be surpised how fast they add up whem yoi're not cert watching.