Helios factions are well balanced. Good competition.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ROMNEYTRON, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ROMNEYTRON

Those of you wondering which server you should switch to with the new tokens should seriously consider Helios. Unlike servers like Connery and Matherson, we don't have a massive Outfits dominating the command scene. Instead, we have a decent amount of medium sized outfits. Having many medium sized Outfits as opposed to a few, massive Outfits, creates a much more competitive environment. (No offense to you Enclave, DD types).

Helios reminds me of Europe during industrialization: Europe didn't start out as the most powerful continent with the most powerful countries (e.g. China), but fierce competition promoted innovation and excellence.

I apologize if this seems ranting, I just want to get more players on Helios :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Terrex

Helios has no big fights.
  3. mongedmaster

Europe was the birthplace of the Luddites.
  4. Bill Hicks

That you cant spam with your mosquito in?

We have good fights. The server is much better after tabasco sauce left. None of the factions have capped indar- ever. Though the NC got the closest a day after they switched the warpgates lol
  5. ROMNEYTRON

I beg to differ. We had multiple platoons of both VS and TR pushing us hard about an hour ago at Dahaka, Mao, and the Impact site. Squads and scattered pubs were also fighting it out on the bases around our WG. Meanwhile, down South, the TR and VS had multiple platoons fighting over Peris.

I'd hardly call that a lack of "big fights".
  6. QuantumMechanic

Being that no US servers have hit high population in months, I'm thinking (and hoping) that once transfers are available people will flock to the biggest server in their region. In the case of US West, that's Connery.
  7. Terrex

I own you.
  8. Bill Hicks

no, you spent 7 dollars on a weapon.
  9. MasterChiefette

I will stay on Helios thank you very much. I hope people on Genudine are smart enough to come to Helios. Helios has great players and is one of the more balanced servers.
  10. BalogDerStout

I play solely on Connery. It's great, always a fight to be had at any time of the day. I'd like to see the pop levels a bit more even though. Seems to have been a surge of NC who joined the server.
  11. NoctD

Size is overrated. In more than one way. ;)
  12. Xeenos

Ugh, uncontrolled server transfers are going to be horrible. Helios feels even, whatever the pop/skill ratio might be, no one is always in the lead or in control. Now with server transfers, groups will come and go and our little slice of heaven could be ruined. I thought about going to Connery to enjoy more organised large scale NC activity, but ive sense thought better of it after seeing NC with high pop on a number of occasions. I personally dont want to be the faction with the highest pop.