[Guide] Health Kit vs Restoration Kit [VIDEO]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GMajor, Dec 15, 2012.

1. GMajor

Seems this one is asked for a bit, so a very quick clip with some information on the Health Kit vs Restoration Kit. Either the Restoration Kit is bugged, or useless. For the 20 cert difference I wonder why SOE even bothered implementing this?

• Up x 3
  2. Zenben

Awesome, thank you. I've been looking for something like this. Definitely getting the Medkit.
  3. ImGladUmad

I use the restoration kit....Didn't know that.

Also the Restoration kit, green glow gives away your position since it takes so damn long.

Time to change I guess.
  4. Liquid23

since the restoration kit heals less and is over time you would think it would be cheaper than the normal medkit... at least that would make sense to me
  5. BuzWeaverPS2

Great outline. I have the restoration kit for most of my characters, but clearly the Health Kit is the way to go. On a side note having these additional items only complicates play for me because without a Toggle Primary button I find that often times if I'm using an item like the restoration kit and need to get back to my weapon if I use either Previous Weapon (I'll get the Ammo Kit if I'm playing my Engineer) or Next Weapon (I'll get the Medical Gun for Medic) I can't imagine why PS2 doesn't have a Toggle Primary weapon.
  6. GMajor

There have been comments about the health kit breaking during heal - if you cant find enough cover for the health kit to do its work (under a second!) you've got problems anyway :) Haven't confirmed tho

and ty :)
  7. Jimmy DeSouza

Most things cost a hell of a lot more than they should. C4 and nades for instance.

On topic however;

I thought the medikit was intended to actually heal you, and the restoration kit was intended as a "pre battle buff", which you jab in yourself then get fighting. Gives you extra effective max health.

1 on your keyboard buddy. Or whatever "loadout slot 1" is bound to if you have rebound your keys.
  8. bobby_m

Wtf... why didn't I know this before I certed into the restoration kit. There is NO reason to use it!
    Argh, this game is still so full of bugs that feel like beta :(. At least we're out of alpha, I guess, but still.
  9. mavix

I don't get why they even have two different ones. Medkit is clearly superior even though the cert cost is higher. Shouldn't the Restoration kit heal more if it is over time AND lights you up?
  10. rzr22

This is when you want to find a dev and thunk them on the head while shouting "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING" into their ear.
    • Up x 1
  11. GMajor

Yep, the green glow of the restoration kit through a wall screams "IM LOW HEALTH, COME KILL ME!" :D
  12. Liquid23

well what I mean is that in their current state and functionality if the restoration kit was cheaper in certs or at least resources than the health kit it would make sense... right now it cost more in certs and the same in resources but is worse... I honestly can't see a single advantage in it over the health kit... you would think the one that was better in every way would ya know cost more... lol
  13. Cl1mh4224rd

Yeah. The medkit isn't quite instantaneous. It takes maybe a second for your health bar to refill. I've experienced an issue where, if you jab yourself with a medkit and a Medic starts healing you before your health is done restoring, your health drops back to where it was before you used the medkit.

I can not confirm that this uses up the medkit, but I suspect that it does.

In my case, the Medic apparently saw that I was fully healed and immediately stopped and ran off, leaving me still wounded. It's possible that this is just a visual bug, though.
  14. CertifiedPi3142

How I think they should work is to have the restoration kit heal more overall, but the health kit heals instantly. Perhaps have the heal kit only health about 60% (increasing with more certs), but have the restoration kit always heal to full (certs decrease heal time). This way, there can be a trade off between more health and instant health