Has anyone seen or heard a Pheonix rocket lately?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gigastar, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Xocolatl

I have a new complaint with the Phoenix now..

when latency spikes hit (and it does for me a lot), the rocket will simply drop the ground and hurt me + my friends instead of giving me control of the rocket. Youch.
  2. Nogrim313

now im not a reg user of the pheonix but i just had an idea to address its range problems (which now that it can see infantry is too short in my vanu opinion)

so the basic camera guided whatever stays but that's about it
    the manoeuvrability is greatly increased (at least double what it currently is)
    when fired the rocket shoots up at an angle 45-60 degrees (just enough to be shot out a window)
    it then quickly climbs up to around 30-50m (this also prevents it from being used in interiors and snaking through corridors etc. )
    once at that height it stalls for brief period of increased manoeuvrability (so the user can adjust its trajectory)
    after this short delay the missile begins to accelerate rapidly to its max speed
    the range at which it is controllable stays the same (ie 3-400 m) at the end of its camera range it continues on like a regular dumb fire
    at any point the user can left click and release the rocket on this dumb fire course at its max speed

this way the can be used a bit more safely from cover
    releasing the missile would allow them to fire a second one sooner possibly helping with the poor dps due to travel time
    the initial climb gives them a great vantage point to see their targets and acquire them
    this would allow the pheonix to also strike top armour on most shots

this was what i had imagined the pheonix was going to be when it was first announced