[Vehicle] Harasser guns aren't very fair

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by El Macnifico, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Xasapis

In other words popularity should dictate balance?

I mean, sure, lets buff Solstice Burst even more since it's not popular enough. It's not like it isn't a beast of a weapon already.
  2. vsae

I am neither. I play all factions and strangely I dont get killed by prowlers at all, but maybe its just me.
    Such argument is invalid, we're talking about SECONDARIES and their balance, you cant balance secondaries based on performance of primaries, because Harassers DONT HAVE PRIMARIES.
    Either harasser variants need to be completely different, or Primaries need to be brought in line afterwards, but currently PPA is way overperforming everything. Stop being ignorant.
  3. vsae

You cant decide balance on KPH or KPU either. Its about how easy and broken ppa is. It needs to have solid cof bloom, so people stop camping hills 300 meters away from base. You dont see tr spamming marauder from that far
    KPH and KPU wise, marauder and canister gets their numbers the same way solstice burst does. It is used by high brs and they make up the stats for it, while PPA is overused by all brs and spammed everywhere.
    Also all the burst variants are **** in this game, because of FSRM which gets in the way everytime you burst.
  4. Ronin Oni

Actually, I was speaking from a user perspective. In fact, I prefer lockdown HE over PPA,
    We'll you're right about 1 thing... Harassers shouldn't have the ES guns at all. Wouldn't be an issue then.

Because PPA effectiveness ABSOLUTELY should be partially based on the strength of the MBT's Primary. Granted, this also means the Canister should be MUCH better than it is currently. However, Marauder is actually in a good spot.

I never NEVER liked the idea of the ES weapons on NS platforms... at least not one that is shared on a ES platform. Magrider secondaries are better because it's primary is the worst.

Actually, that's why they have Harasser variants. So they can tweak them separately... but the PPA was still designed originally for the Mag platform, so it's obvious how this could be problematic when copied to a NS platform.

In any case, if you go back to my first comment, they're already changing PPA. They're removing it's ability to endless spam with heavy CoF bloom. Expect the nerf in the Oct end of month update.
  5. El Macnifico

*talk of Prowlers and Magriders*
    I only mentioned Harassers, why are you bringing in tanks? The harasser is available to all factions so they are the best controlled subject to test. Talking about tanks is like I'm talking about Commissioner but you're talking about the difference in LMGs. They are totally different classes.

If you're talking about that, might as well bring in ESFs, MAXes and all the infantry weapons! I heard TR Striker is so bad it can't even kill a Flash? How about that?

Our 1st hand experience with the 3 different ES guns of the Harasser just shows how easy to use the PPA is. We heavily upgraded our armor, chasis and gun on our Canister Harassers and it still doesn't match how easy to farm with PPA is with less than 700 certs sunk into each of our Harassers. And those certs are only in the gun, none went to the Harasser itself.

A Canister harasser gets you killstreaks if you're lucky, but only by going in and out of battles. We throw ourselves into a lot of high risk situations and it's as likely we get killed doing it as we are getting out of it.

For the PPA, we just park at some hill that almost all bases are surrounded with and spam right at the spawn room door or objective point and profit. That's balanced?
    • Up x 4
  6. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Marauder | PPA
    Infantry hits for kill (direct,indrect): 2,3 | 2,3
    RPM: 171 | 150
    Reload time: 3s | 4s
    Muzzle velocity: 150m/s | 300m/s
    Magazine size: 10 | 20
    Accuracy: trajectory of grenades | straight line
    Max AOE 4m | 4m
    Nothing to say about the Canister since everyone is using the Enforcer; or how i call it: the already nerfed PPA with heavy armor damage.

If i look at those stats and the ingame impact i was just wrong to think that TR is the faction with the best damage over time.
    Still think the "20" in magazine size was a typo.
    • Up x 1
  7. SerasVic

Just sums up that PPA > maraudeur

Problem with PPA is that it is a grenade laucher with 0 drop
    • Up x 1
  8. vsae

Thats a good one, bro. I had a good laugh. More so, you've made a good point I failed to make ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. z1967

Popularity does not dictate balance. Uniques, Average BR, and KPH/AKPH/VKPH determine balance. KPH by itself is a useless stat, as I just pointed out with the burst carbine example. Otherwise the Burst variants should by all means be nerfed to uselessness because they outperform the other carbines significantly, even the VX-6/7 and Serpent CQC Carbines (Uniques)(Avg BR). However, you will notice that the trend in BR remained true till the directive update, in which people started using the weapon for directives and auraxiums. Uniques increased by about 30 in this time as well, indicating more people bought the weapon, likely for directive purposes. Although in the VS carbine category, it seems that the Zenith takes the cake for highest avg BR. Seems to perform about the same as the VX-6/7, which is a fairly mainstream weapon.

Burst weapons need a revamp, not necessarily a buff. This can be concluded by the high KPH but low usage stats of the weapon.
  10. z1967

I'd also like to tack on to this post that the Solstices have close to no difference in stats. They are pretty much the same weapon in almost every way. Yet they perform very differently because of their avg users. The more you know.
  11. BobSanders123

Guys I have easy fix:

Lower PPA muzzle velocity to 5 m/s.
    Lower PPA blast radius to 0.5 m
    Lower PPA damage to 5 direct damage.
    Lower PPA rpm to 5 rpm.
    Lower PPA mag size to 5.
    • Up x 1
  12. The_Blazing

As a VS player, I can confirm that the range at which the PPA remains effective is overly high when compared to the other two ES AI secondaries. The solution could be buffing the range of the other two, or lowering the range of the PPA. Or perhaps allow the Proton Particle Farming Accelerator to keep its long range and buff it in that aspect but make it less effective at short range. Perhaps buff the velocity, but introduce inverse damage degradation (energy orbs gain damaging power as they travel further away from the launcher).
    • Up x 1
  13. Borsty

Well, all they would actually need to do is lower the muzzle velocity to some speed LOWER than the marauder's. That would compensate for the fact, that PPA has no bullet drop.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bindlestiff

Oh look, a PPA is too good thread. Cool.
    • Up x 1
  15. Vixxing

And i want SOE to buff my Magrider so it can kill infantry from mountaintops 2 hexxes away and shoot down Air with ease...
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=aKPU&weapon1=3730&weapon2=4008&weapon3=3461

THAT is by far the most unfair stats in PS2
    • Up x 1
  16. MiniSentrygun

PPA is basically Lightning Viper rounds with no drop. It's just stupidly accurate even at sniper ranges.
    • Up x 1
  17. Winfield

But the reason VS bring 10-15+ PPAs to every fight is because it is balanced! How dare you question their motives.
    • Up x 3
  18. ronjahn

I've been soloing my Canister harasser on a daily basis and getting really good kill streaks. The canister is a beast right now(particularly against other harassers, ESFs, and Valks, but also against infantry) it just requires a lot of experience on the drivers part and a lot of skill escaping sticky situations. I can however get my gunners 25+ kill streaks on a regular basis.

OP may have based his arguement on personal experience, but that doesn't take away the validity of his arguement. I agree that it is simply to easy to use when compared to the other ESAI guns.

TLDR: Buff the canister.
  19. then00b

Unless you break the mechanic of the ppa or significantly nerf it, by design its stupidly powerful against infantry. Alternatively bring up the other empires' weapons to at least come close perhaps, though I can't see how to do it easily without altering their mechanics as well, well maybe lots more ammo for TR. A shotgun on a vehicle is just silly.
  20. Cest7

Trade you my PPA for your marauder...