Hacks getting bad again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Sep 11, 2015.

1. rockhead101

The last three alerts I just gave up after a rash of hackers. My entire squad was killed by headshots for a total of 36 out of 38 times we were killed. I was killed 17 times in a row by headshot. I've been playing for years and you can tell when it's questionable. It seems to come in waves, and it's bad again. ****** bag games won't do anything about it. Come on people, it is just a game, even if you win the alert the war will never end, why cheat?
    • Up x 3
  2. Scr1nRusher

What empire were you fighting?
  3. Leftconsin

There are a lot of truly sadistic people out there. According to ps2.fisu.pw August was particularly bad in terms of the blatant level cheaters. Who knows how many people are not using the full cheats and are just using subtle ones.
    • Up x 3
  4. Bruiserdog

Amazing these cheaters can get on while large amount of honest players can't get passed second loading screen.
  5. CorporationUSA

I noticed a few people with ridiculous accuracy in the basalisk and drake today, being able to land pretty much every shot on a maneuvering ESF 300m+ away. I haven't seen accuracy like that in over 1000 hours in an ESF until today. Makes me wonder if some newer aimbot just got popular.
    • Up x 2
  6. Utrooperx

Logged in a bit earlier...jumped on my Engineer...went to a Amp Station tower...ran all around the top with a darklight flash light, shot x-bow sensor darts all around...started repairing AA turret while watching mini-map...was promptly stabbed by infiltrator that never showed on map...with darts blinking all around...infiltrator was using 'Enhanced Targeting' implant according to You are Dead screen...respawned...ran to another tower...several allies are shooting Enemy outside base, standing on the AV turret landing...I drop a AP mine behind me, deploy a Spitfire...start repairing AV turret...and am promptly stabbed by Infiltrator...AP mine didn't trigger...Spitfire didn't trigger...Allied soldiers rez me, say I just 'fell over'...they didn't see any one...run with Allies to repair generator...3 Allies in room...I crouch behind generator and start repairing...am promptly shot with a Blackhand by a Light Assault...the You are Dead screen shows direction of fire through solid wall behind me...logged out...

I wonder what's on Netflix...?
  7. 0fly0

Last time people was asking to report a guy because he use esf under the ground, he did kill me inside the base and i didn't see the esf, he just log off after that, i let you see the irony in the character name:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8267848801133289953/killboard

Not to mention the ridiculous thing i see sometime, the other day i cross an ammo sundie, the driver of my sundie have fury and armor sundie, i manage to unload 2 mag of fury in the back of the ammo sundie before he even react... after that he start shooting at us with basalisk so my driver take the second gun, i must have unload like 6 or 7 fury mag and my driver basalisk mag, at the end he just destroy the armor sundie with a default sundie and default weapon, after taking already 2 fury mag in the back...
  8. Leftconsin

I've had a Lib do that to me.
  9. Some1

Getting an entire thread on the forums dedicated to them and there shenanigans is reason enough for some. Its been said many times but its always better to just report and move on.
  10. ModsFreeAreForTV

People cheat when a game is neglected by its under qualified development staff or has horrible mechanics and concept to begin with. Case closed.
    • Up x 3
  11. Raysen

While bad, this is right. If devs don't listen and let the game remain unbalanced and bugged, then why bothering playing it the right way if mods make it more enjoyable?

We should all hack untill devs start actually working for good on the game :p
    • Up x 3
  12. Cynicismic

Put it this way, at least cheating is technically forbidden in PlanetSide 2. There are other quite popular games where there is actually, when viewed through the eyes of the developers, no such thing as definitive cheating. Heck, one mod pack for one game included an aim-bot, laser sighting, a negation of spotting mechanics so that everything for the user of the mod was lit up, tracers, being alerted when you've been spotted, and so much more. The developers, if I recall correctly, gave this very game-breaking modification, which is a blatant cheat, a reward, for one of the "Best Mods of Whatever-Year-it-Was". At least you see one person every once-in-a-while banned for cheating in PlanetSide 2, which is a start, I suppose.

Repetitive cheating only really happens on a large scale when the developers are too incompetent to keep a firm leash on their player-base, completely neglect the game and lose interest in it, or when development of the game is stopped through and through, and moderation taken down. I remember in August especially, there was an NC character called Razzilag on the Miller server, who had just about every cheat you could imagine; wall hacks, aim-bots, teleportation hacks, collision hacks, guided shots, (his NC MAX Raven shots were ridiculous - they would fire automatically and were guided towards their targets), and he could fly as well. Considering that he teleported somewhere different every quarter of a second or so, he was very hard to hit. Once, on Esamir, within 20 seconds of him reaching Mani Bio Lab he had 263 kills. It took a while for him to be banned considering all the people who reported him. I'm not even sure if he has been banned yet; he likes Esamir, and I haven't been on said continent in a while now.

I've also noticed an absurd number of exploits in this game. Map deterioration, if anything. I too have found myself using an exploit when I didn't even know it. I was cliff-hugging, and I was killed. A detachment of medics revived me, though I woke up inside the cliff. As our enemies, coincidentally the NC, pushed our VS attacking force back, I sat in the cliff and literally farmed kills; they had no idea where I was. Eventually, I realised that it was an exploit, and left it. I don't like using map design faults to my advantage. Another exploit I'm aware of is on the roof of a Capture Point; a facility on Indar, (I'll check the name at some point). If you walk into a roof elevation sideways, you will pass through it, and be able to shoot down into the Capture Point without them even knowing you're there. It's very good if you're attacking the facility.

As I see it, map errors such as these are results of neglect and laziness. Certainly, it'd be considered unreasonable to expect the developers to fix every bug in the game, though you sure can try. Map faults such as the aforementioned are down to the game being neglected to a certain extent. This has probably also encouraged the absurd rise of cheaters too.

I miss the good old days before the account migration to SOE. Most of all, I miss the daily Certification log-in bonus, and plus, I really like those developers, (the tall one, the short, bald one, and their lady friend), when they did their videos, too. I just feel like SOE aren't as in tune with their Community as the old developers were...
    :oops:
  13. n0pax

Honestly DBG is not going to spend the funds to keep the cheating down. They are going to make small efforts that spur posts saying the cheating is low/dwindling to give the illusion that they care, but in actuality this game is just being milked for everything they can grab from it before shutting the doors.
  14. Goretzu

My 3rd week now of watching someone that day in day out is getting 90-100% headshot kills, and whose K/D ratio has gone from 1.37 to 1 for months magically to 8+ to 1 in the last 3 weeks.

That he can also headshot you inside your own spawn room is rather telling too! :D

I'm very unconvinced they do anything about that (probably due to lack of staff rather than lack of caring), other than the stat-bases banning tool (which only picks up blantent hackers, unlike the one I'm talking about).

They should have more stat-based tools that, for example, bring to their attention someone that is suddenly getting 90% headshot kills day in day our or indeed someone that magically goes from a 1.37 to 1 K/D ratio to an 8+ to 1 K/D ratio.
  15. Goretzu

I'd guess the problem is any that works on H1Z1 will likely work or be workable on PS2, and I'd bet there is still a fair bit of money to be made making hacks for H1Z1.
  16. stradic

Hey Guys its lag!!!
    L2P and watch the YT-Stars

No real Anti Cheat and GM no money thats the only thing that works. But all the cheaters pay for the cheats and for the game so DB do nothing against this problem.
  17. RainbowDash9

it could be sooooooooo much worse, and considering the number of people on a single server, be glad its only this much. it could be like modern warfare 3.....*shudders*
  18. breeje

the X-bow sensor darts are the lowest form of the infil dart gun
    the infil dart gun are only showing moving cloaked infils if they are fully upgraded
    the x-bow darts will never show a moving cloaked infil

if you think your safe from the infil your wrong, we are the predators stalking you for the perfect moment to kill
    we are not cheaters we only know this game and know what we can and can't do
    • Up x 1
  19. Taemien

That's fun to say when you're not said staff trying to make it work. Alright, how about this, man up and name the staff members that you believe are neglecting the game. I'll wager you're too cowardly to do it.
  20. ModsFreeAreForTV

Bro I think all the staff members know they have to sell not appeal to the hardcore fans. They aren't worried about this ****, and you can tell every member I said that cause they all know it's true.