Guass or Guass S

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by En4cer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. En4cer

Hi guys I was wondering what you guys though on the weapon upgrades. If the benefit of high velocity ammo is better than the lose of 1 bar in fire rate at long range. And if the benefit of soft point ammo better than the lose of 1 bar and rate of fire and reload at med to close range?
  2. Amouris

I went with the Guass S for one reason alone, grenade launcher.
  3. theomandus

yeah, I agree with amouris, Gauss S for the under-slung grenade launcher, I use the smoke grenade launcher to provide mobile cover for my squad-mates and it provides cover for you when you have to heal in the open, if you save up, get the night vision scope to see through the smoke and get a few sneaky frags too

To answer your other question, wait for later to spend your certs on ammo, use your certs on your healing tool and your passive nano healing ability. If you wanna go about shooting things try another class to suit your play-style mate. As a medic, your primary role is to heal and rez fallen comrades. Shooting stuff is going to be secondary IMHO.
  4. En4cer

Thanks guys. Right now I have healing gun one point away from cap im at the 75% one. and my nano is also one away from cap. I was debating on triage if its worth it or the healing or revive nades. I was thinking now of ******* out a gun than grab c4 than cap healing gun and nano.
  5. IshanDeston

I haven't tried Triage in this version, but during beta, it was way to expensive for the benefits. But if you got those 100 certs to spare... go for it. Might get you the occassional exp.

I personally would go for the C4 first, though. It seems like an odd choice, but i can't say how often the situation presented itself, where was in arms reach of an enemy lightning tank or sunderer. Being able to drop a C4 charge onto them, and running away, is a nice way of doing things. I was really unsure if i should pick it up again, with the current prices and all. But in the end, i didn't regret getting the C4.

I'd leave my hands off of the Revive Granade for now. It bounces. Nothing more dreadful than throwing that expensive granade and see it bounce and slither right past the center of the dead and completely miss them. I don't think they changed it since beta. It seems like a great idea, but the execution is bad.
  6. Fonzotron

I use the Gauss riffle S with under-slung grenade launcher, x2 scope, compensator and high velocity ammo. Feels like it has good stopping power and quite flexible in most situations. Obviously you need to control your rate of fire at range, but still effective once you get used to it.

haven't got the revive grenade yet, but does seem like losing my frag grenade won't hurt as much with the grenade launcher
  7. Amouris

FYI the grenade launcher is pretty bugged right now. No damage even on direct hits and being unable to rearm via engineer support being the big ones.
    But when it works, oh boy does it work.
  8. Sugarfree

Gauss S, ofc, it's a nobrainer

you only loose in some millisecs of reloading time but the underslung add-ons (all of them) are too good to give up on.
    Especially the smoke grenade in defensive cases is really hillarious.
    • Up x 1
  9. irishroy

with underslung nadelauncher