Great work on the ZOE Mod

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Shockwave44, May 9, 2013.

1. Shockwave44

Only remaining issue is the walking to sprinting while the is ZOE Mod activated.You still sprint at regular speed. Currently, you still have to turn it off, sprint, then activate it.

Also, it shouldn't ramp up. You should just hit the top speed right away.
    • Up x 1
  2. Giggily

It'd be rad if those trail effects were present for every projectile from a VS weapon while in ZOE mode.
  3. Cryptek

I just played around with it on Indar for a while.. I must say the speed feels so amazing.

You actually go 34km/h at top speed (if you start sprinting and then activate ZOE afterwards), which is amazing.

Honestly I'd prefer if they just dropped the whole damage aspect of ZOE and kept the speed as is. I wouldn't mind the nerf to my soak if I get to keep this speed :p

However if the current art assets stay as they are, then the new battlecry will be: PINK ONES GO FASTER!
  4. felfox

Love the comet look change!

Anyway unless the max speed in the video was the regular function I still see no point to the power :/ If the movement speed was the main focus -then- I would love it! Heck scrap the damage boost, keep the armour pen and let us have sprint activation level of speed with double the jump height. Then I would take this! I don't need lockdown light... That power is great -because- it's an all or nothing power. ZoE is a jack of all power that is so spread out and so thin that it basically cancels itself out...
  5. Spookydodger

I have been looking all over and keep seeing it mentioned, but I can't seem to find out what the ZOE is supposed to be. Worse, when I search in the forums, it tells me the term is too short or simple to search for.
  6. Ash87

Max ability that boosts your ROF, damage, running speed, and probably another stat or two for all VS weapons while it is activated.... But when it is activated the VS max has less health.

So, berserker rage, basically.
  7. Spookydodger

That sounds like it would be a blast in open field and biolabs.
  8. Van Dax

Bro .. do you even PnP game? e'erbody knows that a barbarian rage adds +2 hp per hit dice.
    • Up x 4
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

As long as no one shoots at you, it is.
  10. Shockwave44

Nope.
  11. Ash87

They changed that?
  12. Ash87

...Crap. *Bows head in shame* :oops:
    • Up x 1
  13. Van Dax

aww its ok, it also makes you much easier to hit by reducing you Armour Class
    • Up x 1
  14. Shockwave44

Never had it.
  15. Lyel

this is starting to seem a little TOO buffed... you can now strafe things like rockets and bullets entirely along with damage buff... I think they should keep it as is, the pink at least gives the infantry a good indicator that its active
    • Up x 2
  16. Eclipson

Gosh dang, i'm so dang Jelly of the NC and VS abilities. All I get to do is stand in place and shoot faster. Oh well, i'll make sure everyone feels my wrath when I get lockdown five and use my dual fractures. :D
    • Up x 1
  17. felfox

Unless it was changed it was a 10% damage boost (effectively one less bullet needed on AI guns and no effect on AV or AA) you gain a 20% armour penaltie (which in the way this game works means you're taking double damage from enemy guns) and gave infantry base speed which was supposedly nerfed for being Op. cone of fire reductions were supposedly added to at least make the slightly harder hitting shots more accurate but dunno.

Overal the ability looked OP in people's minds but what it actually did was let a max kill you in 2 seconds instead of 3 but still take 3 seconds worth of damage from the enemy... Basically it served no purpose in close combat except speed up the enevitable. Infantry speed won't save you under 50m ranges so all the ZoE does is turn us into blueshift using turrets that stay out of combat, which is hilarious since the max is meant as the close quarters tank for taking objectives.

Seeing as SOE has their hearts set on this power it'll never be good with this line of thinking, it's too contradictory to its function. Almost every VS player wanted jump jets but that won't happen. However mobility is the next best thing. Being able to position and control a fight can be just as effective as blowing them away (lockdown) or surviving an onslaught (aegis shield)

If SOE were to focus on the speed aspect of the ability and maybe give us double jump height we wouldn't need some lockdown light version with slight damage increase. I'd gladly keep the damage armour penalty I'd it meant I could run circles around people to find the right angle to come at them.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ranik

I'm predicting nerfs in the ZOE's future.
  19. Van Dax

Wow the most recent changes have made the ZOE fantastic.
    My set up: Dual nebulas(extended mags), max kinetic, max ZOE.
    With this I can finally kill NC maxes in a head to head (only if he has poor aim and positioning) and it works amazing as a shock trooper mode. You sprint in all flash (ah-ah♪) and murder everything in the room (he saved everyone of us♪) and then you **** of there. Thank you SOE you done good by me.
    • Up x 1
  20. Shockwave44

Nope.

The ZOE Module is a direct counter to both the NC and TR abilities. Any slower and it won't be an ability.

The TR get 50% reload and projectile speed and the NC get a shield with a lot of health.

Not sure why you think you get to keep your stuff and we lose ours.