Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. F1LM

then I just wasted 2000+ certs on a play style some random BR3 can invalidate by spending a daily 12 cert allotment on a 4-day automatic Q-spammer. can't wait.
    • Up x 2
  2. Gustavo M

All I have to say about the implants is the following:

Press Q more often, pay more attention to damage indicators and don't play alone.
  3. Sossen

Essentially then, you are giving certs to people who pay for implants instead, meaning that they get an advantage no matter how small. Let's think.

SOE wants income. SOE add an empowering consumable which - no matter how you spin it - gives an advantage to people without money issues. It doesn't add anything fun to the gameplay from the looks of it, and only serves to change the dynamic of the game so as to favor those who pay them more money. Sure, they might make it really cheap, but why would they? That would be pointless income-wise, while still giving them bad PR for going down the slippery slope of P2W.

Practically all things they have introduced in the past have been customization options. Sure, the boosts give you an advantage in the long run, but in a 1v1 (or a 48v48) gunfight what it really comes down to is skill. That is what implants would **** up, no matter how cheap they may be, because now you have a game where money begins to cut in on skills action.
    • Up x 4
  4. sindz

Yeh, you singling me out in 6 pages and defending every move SOE isnt white knighting. And I got news for you, 4chan didn't invent the term "white knighting" So stop being a 4 year old kid, its an expression that perfectly describes waht you are doing. Who and what site or forum are using it, I couldnt care less.

And yes, as I said. When its an advantage that continuesly cost resources to uphold and not a single fixed amount for unlocking it permanent ITS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER UNLOCKS YOU HAVE WITH CERTS. (I CAN USE CAPS TOO, 4CHAN KID) If you can't tell the difference from this and what the game currently is, stop replying to me cause you are a lost cause. Oh and if you finally wanna quote me, learn how to argue instead of throwing random insults.

The forumside kids these days, sigh.

EDIT: was gonna write a long post, but the guy above me beat me to it:

"
    "

So in conclusion: So yes, you grow up and stop defending every action SOE makes, they won't think any higher of you or offer you a job. So be quiet.
    • Up x 1
  5. greyfu

Sorry SOE but this is about the limit for me, you've listened to players in the past and I expect this time to be no different.

Station Cash for implants - Worst idea ever Pay 2 Win
    Certification points for implants - Worst idea ever new players getting stomped

The fact they are consumables does more to harm the situation, as a one off item the impact is a lot less significant, do implants properly or don't bother.

Do not disappoint
    • Up x 7
  6. Luighseach

Currently the overall idea of implants seems terrible. Like others have said a consumable such as these are terrible ideas. My opinion is that if you are going to do implants then make them permanent. Just make it so you can only have one implant in per class and have it where you can cert up the implant's effectiveness.

Consumables like these will just look like a money grab imo and will through the balance of the game into a P2W category.

Also if they stay a consumable then they should have to be not effect things such as Flash bangs and the such. They should only be comfort things like auto-spotting enemies or seeing there health. They should not deliberately effect grenades and explosives if they stay consumable.

Battle Hardened: reduces camera shake from explosions and flinch
    Clear Vision: Protects against concussion and flash grenade
    EMP Shielding: Protects against EMP Grenade effects
    EOD HUD: Allows you to detect enemy explosives in a short radius around you

If you can buy these with Station Cash and have them constantly up then it will be a game changer and would fall into the category for P2W.
    • Up x 2
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

It's temporary and persistent, it's like paying to unlock an item every few hours.

While you may not see a problem with it, I have seen this type of concept destroy FTP games.
    • Up x 5
  8. Xae

Gold Ammo.

World of Tanks.
    • Up x 1
  9. vincent-

I agree yet disagree I wouldn't mind seeing infantry resources but for 30 min ones and 100 cert ones being 2 hours long.
  10. Andy79

these temporary enhancements should be called "Comabt Drugs", since they wear off eventually

implants should be permanent and not linked to a loadout

there were 100s of good implant ideas in the roadmap thread, I am kinda sad about the result now
    • Up x 3
  11. SolRG

I'm not sure how the new weapons will fair, it seems like that you could still do just fine with the commissioner, which can double as a shotgun and rifle if need be. They would have to be as good in order to surpass the flexibility of the space magnum.
    And personally i'm pretty over my smg, seeing as i'm awful with it.
  12. Kunavi

What ticks me off the most is that a lot of them are effectively Infiltrator specific counters combined with pathetic crutches. This is just BAD and so is ReGenHP. Cheese.

I do like the C4 changes I'm seeing. I'd be much happier if they left Dmg as is, just added placement requirement.
    • Up x 2
  13. Crator

I disagree with the implants implementation. That is either pay-to-win or the implants don't work like they should and suck. A consumable, that last for so long, then must buy more, with certs or SC? Time/Money sink there. P2W category... Please don't.....

And where is surge implant?
  14. BlackDove

Don't worry. Even if all the people complaining rage quit because of obvious cash-grab updates and because they they don't want to subscribe to a game that works less than half of the time, there will still be plenty of people joining and playing for a few days, so the subscribers have targets.
  15. NinjaTurtle

Sounds like a good update except for the implants.

Edit: Read it wrong
    • Up x 1
  16. Tenebrae Aeterna

To be fair, there are a good bit of pro-infiltration perks as well.

That Awareness one is going to KILL Sniping though.
  17. KaireFeare

Hey aren't the implants expensive with certs and space cash ( Station Cash )? They are 999 space cash and certs I think that a little expensive for the new players if they check out things. They should be 500 or 600 maybe even 300 or 100. I wonder if we buy it with sc will we have it forever but that won't happen
  18. Tenebrae Aeterna

Not in the current concept, they're temporary.

However, with all the negative flack, I believe that they won't go with this concept.
  19. Synen

Honestly this is your best chance ever to prove to everyone that you're not all about cash grabbing or pay to win by making the Implants permanent. I suggest that you make use of that opportunity.
    • Up x 9
  20. VinLAURiA

Agreed. Buying timed buffs with real-world money leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Here's how it should work:
    • Cert into an implant with certification points
    • Like other consumable items, implants cost infantry resources to resupply
    • Rather than a supply of physical units like grenades or medkits, implants have a battery gauge
    • Battery slowly runs down while you play with the implant installed
    • Pay a handful of infantry resources to charge the battery by a small amount
    So basically you have - say - the silent walking implant that mutes your footsteps. At a full 100% charge, it'll last a total of - say - three hours (that may be too much or too little; I'm just plugging in numbers for an example.) As long as you are alive and on the field with the implant installed, that timer will tick down. That way it's not a per-life thing so someone can't just camp with a pocket Medic and have an advantage over someone who keeps running suicide missions. For a hundred infantry resources, you can top up that charge bar by ten percent, adding another eighteen minutes or so of use.

Again, I'm just throwing numbers around here, but that's the general idea of how it should work if we're gonna add a timer to these things. As far as I'm aware, in the original PlanetSide implants used the energy bar you used for stuff like sprinting and their overall equip time was a more permanent thing like CoD perks. I was under the impression that this would work more like that, but if we're gonna make players continually top-up their duration, it should definitely be infantry resources rather than real-world money or hard-earned certs.

EDIT

Actually, scratch that. These need to be like PS1 implants, period. Temporary implants in any form aren't gonna be good for anyone, not while resource boosts are in this game. Especially considering how powerful some of these are.
    • Up x 3