Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. CowPie

With the need to be connected to held territory there really is no such thing as ghost capping. People that have a problem with a section being taken by one person don't know how to either manage resources or how to move quickly from place to place. I see people hanging in the warp gate not knowing what to do, I imagine these are the people that the lattice is made for. It gives these mindless players some direction because they don't know what to do and don't have the skill to relocate. I was a beta players and I know the changes that we went thru. I liked the game for the most part up until the lattice and the Harasser. Since then the game has made a downhill slide. Sony even has a recruitment program now so if that doesn't tell you that people are feed up and leaving what will?
  2. Vanus Aran

Lattice on Esamir. *sigh*
    Well I dont really like the continent anyway.
  3. Scatterblak

Exactly. Pay or Die™.
  4. Morti

Oh damnit, I must've deluded myself into thinking lockon launchers were being changed in GU13.

When are you fixing them?
  5. Pootisyourassoff

How much is adv. Shield capacitor being buffed?
  6. whitupiggu

• Rank 1: Damage recharge delay reduction changed from .5 to .8 seconds
    • Rank 2: Damage recharge delay reduction changed from 1 to 1.6 seconds
    • Rank 3: Damage recharge delay reduction changed from 1.5 to 2.4 seconds
    • Rank 4: Damage recharge delay reduction changed from 2 to 3.2 seconds
    • Rank 5: Damage recharge delay reduction changed from 2.5 to 4 seconds
    That is what is on the PTS.
    • Up x 1
  7. PF-Papalarge

First I really enjoy the game and all the updates are great except the "Esamir Lattice" to me it seems like it bottlenecks the game play especially in an Alert, you don't have to worry about any one flanking you or surrounding you to cutoff your resources. What my I ask is the reason of the Lattice system? Thanks
  8. Dovahkiin

I'm so glad you took out implants. I was going to leave for good if you left them in.

I am so excited for the Esamir update. The new bases look great. I think the esamir latice it looking much better than the Indar Lattice, well done.

You really should buff the NS SMG, right now it sucks really bad. I know you guys don't want it to be good because then people would just buy the NS weaponry and avoid faction specific weapons, which may mean you lose out on money, but seriously the NS SMG has to be competitive, right now it's just a merge of a carbine and an SMG, failing poorly at both roles. It has to be made competitive or you won't get money. Think about the money, SOE. At least that motivates you.
  9. whitupiggu

If the damage was buffed to 143/100 it would be the killing blow to the ailing scout rifles.
  10. RHYS4190

ESF/ i don't think are going to change much/ exept for the locust that actually might be a good option for infantry farming.
  11. Pootisyourassoff

thx man!
  12. maxkeiser

Really not looking forward to the introduction of lattice to the best continent Esamir. Such as shame and completely not required.

We really need some Hex maps/servers.
    • Up x 1
  13. MarkAntony

So what if it had to be connected to territory? People were still capping EMPTY bases.
    Don't give me the "I was in beta" crap. I played the beta too.
    Gotta love your elitist attitude: "oh, they are just mindless players who are dumb" Get off your high horse.
    Section being taken by one person was not satisfying gameplay. You had to weed out 1 guy which depending on his skill could take a while and got nothing in return. Not fun. I know it's hard for people like you to understand but planetside 2 is made to be fun. Fights are fun. This is an FPS.
    All I see is someone who is failing to adapt and find meaningful ways to contribute while at the same time implying that everyone who is loving to actually fight for bases (novel concept I know) is "mindless".
  14. siiix

not just that , but i would love a classic server where game play is the same as it was at release day... all new items would stay as they 1st come out... and stay that way

like this
  15. Messaiga

They could buff the damage to 143 but lower ROF to 698 RPM so that it doesn't completely outclass VS's Eridani. Problem solved.
  16. The Fizz

It all stems from before alerts were introduced, when people could literally cap any base by themselves with no resistance. This led to many cries of "GHOST CAPPING SUXORS" and "THIS GAME IS GETTING BORING". So the devs and many of us decided that the lattice should come back (since it was a success in the original Planetside). Since then, alerts have been implemented and while they are fun, with the lattice, they do tend to create huge fights within a tiny section of the map. That is not the fault of the lattice system itself, it is the fault of too many alerts too often and the design of the bases. Four things need to happen. IF we can get it to where there won't be as many alerts, greater rewards for participating in an alert, the new map Hossin finally getting released, and get the lattice implemented across the board, then you will see how the lattice is the greater system than the current hex system we see on Esamir and Amerish.

tl;dr The lattice is the better system, but the devs are not implementing it the right way or fast enough.
  17. ET2(SW) Rod

No lattice, please.One map with lattice is enough. It was a success in PS1 where all factions were balanced. PS2 is VERY imbalanced. On Matherson, VS will dominate with their population and OP vehicles/max. VS win almost all Alerts within the last 30 to 45 minutes. Here's a new idea: Incentives for low world pop factions. That would be a great start.
  18. whitupiggu

If you did that it would just be a ****** cyclone. As NC I'd prefer it the way it is.
  19. Messaiga

It would not be a bad cyclone since, although it would have less DPS, it has a faster "long reload speed, less COF gain per shot, less damage drop-off, and more rounds per mag. Plus it looks cool as hell. Btw, in it's current form, it is the same as what you just said.
  20. Messaiga

Also, once they get the resource revamp done and continent locking is introduced we could see some real meta-game within Planetside 2. If we even end up with 6 continents at some point, there would be potential for each faction to have a home continent and then have other continents in the middle of all 3 of them. Planetside 2 is definitely progressing from the way it was back in November 2012 and I am happy to see this. :)
    • Up x 2