Game Error G25

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iiTrust, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Vertabrae

Sorry to hear that. Start saving those pennies, make an upgrade or two and get yourself in the battle. I need reinforcements.
  2. TiNMisi

3. Vertabrae

4. Angel Bonev

5. Vertabrae

6. 64NinjaFish

7. Vertabrae

Just sent you a copy.

I'm going post the instructions here, so that everyone can see them.

First off use the website I linked earlier in the thread to check to make sure your machine can actually run PS2. This is a beast of a game. Just because you play CoD or BF3, does NOT mean your laptop or older/stock desktop can handle PS2.

Installing the ini is pretty simple.

1. You've already installed PS2, so simply right click the desktop icon and click on Open File Location.

2. You'll see a list with 7 folders at the top, and a whole giant long list of crap below them. Simply drag the new UserOptions.ini into the list of crap below. Do not........I repeat DO NOT drag it into one of the 7 folders at the top. If you do the game won't recognize it because it's not in the right location. It doesn't matter where you drop it into the list of crap, because the game will find it there. That's it. Simply start the game and enjoy.

3. Once in game, you can simply hit ESC, go to the Settings in the lower right corner, and change the screen resolution, and graphics settings to whatever you prefer.

Now a couple notes for everyone.

A. If you've done all this and it still doesn't work, you're out of luck. Sorry but your machine simply can't handle PS2. As I said, it's a b*tch of a game. CoD renders 12-18 players plus bullets and explosions. BF3 renders 64 players, bullets explosions and a few vehicles. PS2 might be trying to render hundreds of players, dozens of vehicles, millions of bullets/pew pew lasers and a crap of ton landscape all at once.

B. Once in game, I suggest turning your Texture quality up to High or even Ultra. Yes it seems like you would get better performance with lower settings. PS2 is different however. As I was told (this is only what I was told, so don't take it as gospel) PS2 low res graphics have to be unpacked by your processor before your graphics card can use them. That eats up more processing power and slows you FPS (frames per second) down. Higher res graphics do not have to be unpacked, allowing your processor to focus more on running the game, giving your greater FPS. Turning Shadows OFF is a big help as well. There are guides here for tweaking your settings to get better performance. If you need to use my ini to get into game, you're probably going to want to look them up. Also running something like Razer Game Booster can really help get a bit more performance out of your machine while gaming, by shutting off unneeded programs.

Hope to see you guys in game soon.
  8. fardeenhq

9. Vertabrae

You may indeed noble sir. Enjoy it with my compliments.
  10. kj_kj

11. kj_kj

and where would i put it just in the planetside folder please tell me iim a newbie
  12. Vertabrae

Sorry mate, was kinda busy and didn't get a chance to log in yesterday. Sorry for the wait. As for instructions, look a few posts above yours, and you will see a rather long post I made. That's the instructions on how to install the ini.

Your ini is in the mail.
  13. kj_kj

thanks bro i dont think we r on the same time lol you got it really fast so Thanks so much.
  14. Vertabrae

Glad I was able to help. Hope you enjoy PS2. Don't get frustrated if you don't do well at first. This game has a very high learning curve. Stick with it, in a week you'll be rocking and rollin.
  15. Ravenpirat

Ok , i go to the planet side2 icon and right click it.Then i click open file location i find it in a steam file and there is only my games no UserOptions.ini., also it could be nice if you could send me the UserOptions.ini. file!!!!

gmail; brandonjlehr@gmail.com
  16. Vertabrae

No worries mate, just sent it to you.
  17. Ravenpirat

thx, but where do i put it?
  18. Vertabrae

Just follow the instructions I posted above. Open the PS2 file location, and you should see 7 folders at the top, and a long list of stuff below them. Simply drag and drop the UserOptions.ini into that long list of stuff. Not into the 7 folders at the top.

You can drop the UserOptions anywhere in that long list, it won't matter where because the game can find it. That's all there is to it.
  19. Sufiyan Patel

20. Vertabrae