Freeze/Crash after 1-10 minutes in game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dragonold103, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Dragonold103

I have been having this issue after the update on march 8, 2016. This is my only issues I had with this game.

The settings are the same nothing been change with my computer and I can run Planetside 2 just fine.

The game will start normally (with the map loading a little long like normal), I can do my loadout with no problem but when I spawn in game, then I will get freeze or freeze spikes then the game will crash/close after 1-10 minutes in game.

I got lucky and was able to get about 10 minutes in game until it crash.

So, what can I do, so I can play Planetside 2 again with crashes/freezes?
  2. OldMaster80

Same issue here. What's your hardware and drivers?
  3. Dragonold103

Specs:
    NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 768; graphic card
    AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor; CPU
    8 GB of ram
    windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
  4. MyPS2

Have you checked your hardware's usage and temps when this happens? What is your user option settings? I use to play with smoothing OFF for the fps. Something changed a while back and now if it is not ON my **** heats and locks up.
  5. Dragonold103

my temp is below 25% when playing.

planetside 2 only freezes/lag spike then closes, nothing else

user options:
    [Rendering]
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=2
    ShadowQuality=2
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=2
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=2
    RenderDistance=4000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    VerticalFOV=55
    ParticleLOD=1
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    BloomEnabled=0
    MotionBlur=0
    UseAspectFOV=0
    GpuPhysics=2
    Smoothing=0
  6. user101

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX DirectX 10 768-P2-N831-AR 768MB 384-Bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

There is no such thing as a GTX768 its a GeForce 8800 and does not meet min spec. New min spec is a real GTX260... not an 8800.. Don't cry about crashing just get a new video card.
  7. Dragonold103

sorry I mean't nividia geforce gtx 760 graphic card

how do you get 8800 from 768?
  8. user101

I wondered about if it was a typo... a 760 should play good. ... My GTX970 has crashed a couple times also lately. And I have 18GB ram and 4 gb of v-memory... try running Video driver version 353.62 if you are not running windows 10.

I only use the Main driver and Physx driver.. all the rest of the drivers I leave out. Geforce experance is plagued with bugs and problems. Same for all the 3D drivers.
  9. Dragonold103

Thank you, stupid updates.
  10. Raiuga

i was able to stay online 30 minutes now, seems that when my ping goes from "poor" to "bad" the game freezes for a while but i don't know if this is the reason for this problem, i was thinking the crash was gone and then... SURPRISE MOTHA****A!!!
  11. user101

DBG has this frame drop limit. After you drop a few frames they disconnect you because your out of sync. Happens to me from time to time, could be an IP problem at that moment.

Some times is says disconnect other times it just stops or cashes. Any time it goes into the red you need to stop moving and let it get caught up on your end. Other wise the crash or disconnect is comming.
  12. Raiuga

the 30m online was during morning when my internet was a litle better, but almost all day the ping is alternating from poor/bad, i can't get a better connection and i live in Brazil so i hope this limit isn't the cause of my crashes
  13. Raiuga

this is unplayable (right now in the best possible time to freeze and crash) imagine how many people are being affected by this issue....

[IMG]
  14. user101

You might want to try other servers around the world and see what one gives you the best Ping Time that is stable.
    Any time the Ping on the game goes into the RED zone there ready to disconnect you. RED means you are moments away from the PC Crash of PC Freeze or disconnect. Disconnects are rare in most cases, you only get a clean disconnect one out of 10 times.
  15. Raiuga

unfortunately Emerald is the server that have the lowest ping, and this problem never happened before
  16. Dragonold103

ok I found out how to fix this problem.

clean your computer.

planetside 2 don't work well if your computer isn't clean.

I know it sounds simply and stupid but it works.

I also have a program called speedboost 8 and it helps last for a long time. (this is my 10 day with out anycrashes)