Flak Armor Broken on Direct hits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, Dec 19, 2013.

1. RogueVindicare

It appears you are correct; all Rocket Launchers still deal over 2000 damage with a direct hit.

As for why they bothered changing the numbers; it's because of vehicle balance and the changing of resist values for various vehicle armor types. Those changes had nothing to do with infantry balance.
  2. RogueVindicare

It does.

Prowler AP shell deals a total of 1750 damage.

Wearing flak 5, and infantryman would take 1750 * 0.5 = 875 damage. They would not die in one hit.

You can take small consolation in the fact that many people are not certing up to Flak 5 because it is so expensive. But there it is. Flak 5 blocks OHK from Prowler AP and Prowler HEAT.
  3. LordCreepy

directly quoted from the patch news
    It seems they don't even know why they change stuff seriously
    • Up x 1
  4. RogueVindicare

I stand partially corrected.
  5. Torok

Guys we're talking about rocket launchers here and other stuff that clearly deals LESS than 1000 points damage, given that you have the relative level of Flak armor Equipped to survive the One hit shot, the problem is that it does NOT, as of PU02 it's supposed to halve the damage value of direct hit explosives damage too, and it worked yesterday before the Emergency Maintenance, it does NOT today.
  6. LordCreepy

This is actually simply laughable.
    Just look at it:
    SOE change the Infantry rocket launcher values on direct hits so Flak Armor would help against being hit by them.
    They have all kinds of trouble because of this ---> rocket damage bugged on tanks because the resist values are of.
    All kinds of weapon resist have to be adjusted.
    And in the end it doesn't MATTER AT ALL --> I am literally rofl right now.
    Rocket launchers still ohk infantry because they didn't lower therir direct damage below 1000 or lowered their splash damage below 1000 which would have been easily possible, because they had to adjust all other resist values anyway.
    This is just fu_cked up beyond all repair.

hats off SOE ... hats off
  7. Nhilys

It's a rather vague description to be honest but was apparently more to streamline the damage than change the way it worked.
  8. Odin

Yes it's broken, the intention was to block infantry rockets one hitting and it doesn't.
  9. Ryme

Can you verify if you are able to OHK an ESF with a rocket launcher now? After the initial patch, it took 3 shots to blow an ESF. It was confirmed as a resistance bug. If they "fixed" that bug and now Flak isn't working, I think the two issues may be connected.
  10. LordCreepy

They fubared

[IMG]

Noticed Damage and indirect damage are in total >2000 --> No way Flak armor could ever block a ohk.
    I am totally sure Flak does indeed STILL lower the direct damage of rockets.
    It simply doesn't matter :D :D :D
  11. MorganM

Here's what the patch notes said specifically:

Flak Armor
    • Flak armor now resists direct damage from explosive weapons in addition to resisting AOE damage

So yeah it's broken.
  12. Torok

What the ****.

I don't get it anymore I'm clueless.
  13. Klypto

All Titan-150 cannons on the Vanguard are supposed to 1 hit kill infantry on a direct hit. This includes a heavy with max flack armor and an active maxed out resist shield.

No exceptions.
  14. HedRush

It's funny because on the day of the patch I did some testing with outfit mates. On test a decimator rocket on a flack 5 non infiltrator target survives with a tiny sliver of HP. A faction lock on the same target did 3/4 damage. A decimator does 1335 direct damage + 1000 flack. So if you live with hardly any HP the direct damage would have to be severely reduced to 490ish damage. The flack naturally would be reduced to 500 damage. They might have dialed back the direct damage resistance as that is pretty huge.
  15. Kunavi

What I read : "We nerfed Nano to buff Flak and HeadShots to explain Infiltrator ranges(Which got buffed after getting nerfed) to avoid Nano being good against explosives, which we buffed a bit too to accentuate a lack of Flak. For this, we are giving you back your Nano Certs. Now we're nerfing Flak because it was too buffed after the Nano nerf, soWQEYHUIWQOUYHWJDHKAYOLOTROLO$$$$$"

What you read : "MATHEMAGICS!"
    • Up x 2
  16. Kunavi

Then there's the turning of PS2 to Pit-Fall levels of animation only that era is gone, cutting population limits, abandoning SC Sales, population problems on certain Servers and still a ROCKET TO THE HEAD kills you so all this nerfing of Infantry Weapons was just so they make PS2 more what? TactiCool?.. Uhm.. Yeah. :rolleyes: I like it if we have to aim, I ADS ALL THE TIME. No joke. But still ROCKET TO THE HEAD so what was fixed exactly? The fact some of us now can't respond to that cuz ADS > Hip for.... Reasons.
  17. TheRunDown

Flak armour has never protected from Direct Hit..
    It has and still is protection is AOE splash damage Damage..

MAX users moaned about Flak armour because it didn't protect from Direct Hits too, some Dev explained it was AOE protection and not Direct protection, nor protects you from C4 that's connected to you..
  18. MorganM

Looks like they are fixing the issue; that's good!

• Up x 1
  19. Torok

Yes, I'm so happy <3
    Maybe from today on we can enjoy both the PU02 and the 2x XP... hopefully
  20. Gundem

It does.

And it is silly.