everyone has access to recon darts?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Raraldor, Feb 7, 2014.

1. BloodyPuma

Mini snipegun that can OHK infiltrator to render range for everyone. Strong AV for everyone, recon dart for everyone.
    Either its some king of unwanted bug or sbd really messed up something during planning phase.
  2. Raraldor

the crossbow can't even 1 shot infiltrators at 30 meters out o.o so unless you're talking about something else I don't think that's true.
  3. BloodyPuma

Are you serious? 135 meters is 5th mil dot on 6x scope. Go test -> OHK. Or did they change something last few hours?
  4. Raraldor

I'll go in and test this, but I tried all the way up to 100 meters 4-5 hours ago. Let me check and see if it's changed since then. By the way, up to 100 meters it's still a 2 shot headshot on everyone.
  5. Raraldor

I tried it at 40 meters out and it still was a two shot kill on infiltrators and every other class.
  6. whitupiggu

That's some nice theorycrafting but in practice a infiltrator without it's darts is just a killwhore class.

Keep in mind the crossbow can fire 3 bolts before reloading.
  7. Raraldor

I've played many days worth of infiltrator, so much so on the Dasanfall website I don't even have a secondary class, and that is some of the many ways I helped out in a battle or helped my squad. And I know it can shoot three darts before reloading, but it only fires each shot a bit faster than you can spam recon darts with the tool.
  8. ttttz

The range on the detect bolts are small but the idea is that every class can have them, so coverage should be large in a battle.

• I'm not sure about XP, if all classes are to have detect bolts. Should Heavies with a 100 bullet spray and pray gun, and little need for sidearms, get XP from detect bolts on their Crossbows? ?Heavies are not giving up much and not putting themselves in much danger by uncloaking to shoot darts.
    • Infiltrator and LA are already largely marginalised because the skill/experience vs reward curves are more gradual than Heavy or Max. Detect bolts might marginalise Infiltrator play even more in certain classes of outfits. These two classes use an inbuilt TTK advantage which changes their curves - both are tank classes which apply a lot of their special ability just by being there.
    I suggested here that the NS Crossbow and NS SMG be split into 2 or more variants each costing an appropriate fraction of the original. This will allow class specific balancing without wondering if Heavies will be OP when balancing for LA/Infiltrator.
    • NS Crossbow darts should only be available to Infiltrators.
    • NS Crossbow explosive bolts should only be available to Infils and LAs. The I varient and the L variant can have damage and drop balanced for the correct classes.
  9. whitupiggu

I think the fact the only thing people can come up with when asked what makes a infiltrator useful beyond recon darts is that they kill people says it all. No wonder many people think infiltrators are useless.
  10. BloodyPuma

Great. SOE just ninja patched Crossbow. Says 650 - 500 dmg.
    Eh...
    What next? You will ask as for feedback and start kicking us in the nuts as a distraction?
  11. Raraldor

With the range being almost useless I'm not sure many people will actually choose it over their pistol of choice. I don't much care about the experience side of things, I'll still get exp from my darts. If they don't get the recon bolts that's perfectly fine with me, as things will stay as they are, but if they do get them I'm not completely against the idea as long as the infiltrator's darts are obviously better like they are right now.
  12. Raraldor

Every class kills people, but the infiltrator is the best for flanking areas other than towers. I gave examples of this as well as mentioning our motion sensors which are arguably better than recon darts for point defense.
  13. whitupiggu

Recon darts and most likely motion sensor are only really effective in small fight. In larger fight you use them to just get a general idea of where people are or how many people are in a building, behind a rock, or around a corner.
  14. Raraldor

I've been able to hold a point on my own for a few minutes in platoon on platoon fights multiple times (provided it's not the only point) with recon darts helping me with quick flanks/preaiming where the enemy will appear.

Not to be a dick, but I'm honestly confused right now. First you say that the infiltrator is nothing without it's class specific recon darts, and now you're saying the recon darts aren't all that effective in larger fights.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off topic about the fact that giving recon darts as a secondary weapon to other classes being an okay thing or not.
  15. whitupiggu

Obviously you aren't reading my posts very carefully.

16. Raraldor

It's dubious in the fact that it's usefulness and the reason it's useful (or useless) can be shown in many different lights, but it's not so dubious that you should be flip-flopping about on your own thoughts.

Anyway back on topic. Overall if the recon darts for the crossbow stay as they are, or are even buffed a bit, I don't mind every class having them as an option. It's still obvious that the infiltrator's recon darts are superior, and doesn't hinder the individual's growth of the class so much that it's a problem.
  17. whitupiggu

My posts have remained consistent.

1. Recon darts are the only thing that makes the class at all useful to squads and platoons
    2. The darts are only effective in small fights
    3. They are not that useful in large fights

These 3 points make the infiltrators usefulness dubious. I didn't think I would need to spell this out so clearly.
  18. Raraldor

You are literally saying they are the only thing that makes infiltrators useful to a platoon and then saying infiltrators aren't useful at all by saying they aren't useful in large fights, only in small skirmishes. This is getting seriously off topic so this is the last time I'll reply about anything concerning this.
  19. whitupiggu

You are just being deliberately obtuse now or just trolling. I have said that the infiltrators usefulness comes solely from the recon darts. Giving other classes even an inferior version greatly devalues the classes already dubious usefulness.
  20. ttttz

The scenario I was thinking of was some outfits simply not using Infiltrators altogether, in favour of classes with easier skill/experience vs success curves like HAs. HAs can use detect bolts and never need pistols for killing when their primary weapons have huge mags.