Don't fix the sky lighting bug, make it a feature

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Pikachu

I
    I try to get it everytime i play. Got it one time today but it didnt last long enough to ejoy it. :( Amerish sky is the prettiest (on Esamir) but its the least likely combination to work and its the most unstable. Only 2 times have I got to enjoy it truly.
  2. Pikachu

Btw take some screenshot next time you get it.
  3. William Ledo

This has my support. If skyboxes were randomly applied from day to day, they would give a very fresh ambience each day. And, by seeing those pictures, they sure look nice!
  4. Pikachu

I manged to lock Amerish sky again, on Indar then went to Esamir. It even followed when logging in with other characters. Sadly the times I get this to work the best is in the late night when no one is playing. ;_;

See how bright everything is during middle of the day. :D
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. Mianera

OH MY GOD YES!

Esamir is way too bright so often and the light glitches so it shifts into buildings. Anyone using a thermal scope will know what I am on about. You cannot see anything which I find VERY ANNOYING AND UNREALISTIC!

I have a helmet! It has sunglaces built it! Why am I blinded????
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

Amerish sky on Esamir.
    [IMG]

Esamir sky on Indar.
    [IMG]

Esamir sky on Amerish.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Indar south west sky on Esamir.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Indar south west sky on northern Indar.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Evileet

This thread = eye candy
    SOE DO DIS OK
  8. Pikachu

Glad you like my candy. :D Let's hope this bug is still around when Hossin comes. :) Hossin has lots of sky color and fog.
  9. Pikachu

Random picture. Amerish sky on Esamir today.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Pikachu

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. Pikachu

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

Now this is the most strange thing so far. Eternal night on Hossin with midnight sun and Amerish sky. :D
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  13. DocteurVK

Hurr !
    We need This as a featHurr !!

I want Moar lighting options, and I'd even want to get changing Weather conditions (Can't wait to fight on Amerish during rainstorm or on Esamir while snow falls)
  14. Pikachu

Sky bug on PTS! :eek: First time ever! Well if you don't count the boring version that can easily be done on Amerish. Anyway I got Indar south western sky on Hossin.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. cellinaire

Liking most pictures here in this thread and especially the above one. Thanks for all your pics :)

Just do something on Weather/Skybox/Clouds SOE plz ye know you can improve these =D
  16. Pikachu

It appears that sadly SOE has all but fixed this bug completly. :( In 3 weeks I have only got it 2 times. Not even the idiot proof Amerish cave version works anymore. That one usedto work even on PTS.
  17. Chicken Wings

The sky lighting bug not working is a travesty. A travesty I tell ya!
  18. Vioxtar

You one crazy addict, you. ;)
  19. Pikachu

But its so nice. :p Its the closest thing to a weather system. FU SOE for removing it. :mad:
  20. Codex561

FU SOE??! They are trying to help you overcome this phase of addiction!