Deathmatch game mode for sanctuary?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by mBoba, Jun 17, 2020.

1. mBoba

i think planetside 2 could use a deathmatch mode or somesort, cause finding good battles are so rare. most of the time its just overpop vs underpop. outfitwar is nice but i dont think new player will get it right away
  2. Tarvaldd

People come to planetside for the mecca of battle sizes. Resources should be allocated to build upon this and fix the issues that simply lead to Overpop v Underpop, rather than implement game modes that will simply divide the community further. We know this would fail irregardless given what happened to "Planetside Arena", almost nobody in the Planetside community is here for niche smaller engagements.
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

Splitting the population up further when it's already shaky isn't a really good idea.

In the past they already tried other game modes like Conquest, and it clearly didn't do well.

I'd rather the development team focus on major issues like population imbalance, OS, Bastions, all the bugs they still need to fix (e.g. the broken darklight on cloaked Infiltrators at knife range) than pour resources into a game mode that doesn't really fit with the game's style.
  4. Blam320

Did you ever hear... the tragedy of PlanetSide: Arena?