claymore needs new design

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Shaymes, Nov 27, 2012.

1. blzbug

I definitely see the lasers on friendly claymores. I run on medium gfx settings. Are you on low?

I can't say if the enemy sees the green lasers. They certainly see the white suitcase sitting upright with the TR logo on the side... I still get plenty of kills with them, but placement is key. NC and VS can drop them anywhere and they won't be noticed. NC BB especially.
  2. Takoita

It definitely didn't show up that time... but later the same day it did. I wasn't fooling with graphics settings either, but I did notice that some video effects on the cap points weren't loading properly.
  3. Highway_Star

Make NC anti-personel mines the default for all factions.

Get rid of the TR claymore, it only has a 90 degree sensor radius and is highly visible - obsolete by comparison.
  4. Dytch

I make lots of people sad with my Bouncing Betty's. To be honest I think the only change they need is to be able to stick to walls, which they can't unless i'm mistaken...
  5. Manhattan

Not quite sure what the devs were thinking with faction specific AI proximity mines. I mean... what the hell's the point or purpose? They cost the same amount of certs and do the same amount of damage. There's no reason for them to be visually or functionally different.
  6. Shiaari

The secret to good mine placement is denying the victim reaction time.

I mine spawn rooms. Why? Trollface.jpg. Place a proxy mine not directly in front of the doorway, but offset the corner by about 6 inches. First, this prevents the mine from prematurely exploding--they can detect enemies through force fields--and a newly respawned player is out for revenge... so they're bolting out of that spawn like a crazy person. BOOM.

I also mine terminals, but this is an art with bright purple Vanu mines, and so I will not disclose that here. You get bonus points for this, actually. You kill the player and the terminal... both yield XP.