Character Control

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Shadanwolf, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Shadanwolf

Where can I find the various keyboard commands to control a light assault(how to fly). Also discussion of rationale for various jet packs.

Thanks.
  2. Effect

No idea if there's a place that lists anything like that, but movement in the air affected by strafe keys.

Default Skirmisher jets are jack of all trades giving you decent control of your movement in all directions. I personally never use these anymore.

Drifters jets have very slow vertical climb but have a large fuel supply allowing you to stay hovering in the air for much longer than any other jets. It's also faster than sprinting. I use these for when I need to bail out of an aircraft to hunt for a specific vehicle to c4.

Ambusher jets launch you forward at a fast pace to get on top of people but you minimal control during the flight itself and there's very limited vertical movement you can make (not impossible mind you, just less flexible). I never use these personally, but lots of people who can only get kills with shotguns do.

Icarus jets have limited fuel tanks but allow for fast vertical movement allowing you to get ontop of buildings quickly. They have relatively limited horizontal movement but you can still get from building to building without too much issue. They also are the best jump jets to use with the LA's impulse nades since you don't lose any momentum when using icarus jets so they let you surpass ambusher movement. I use icarus jets the overwhelming majority of the time.