Can sniper bullets penetrate glass?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rane, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Rane

I think snipers need to be able to hit people flying aircraft through their windshield. All this would do is make it so they 1 can't just stand still and spam everyone and or 2. they have to stay at higher altitudes to avoid me popping them out of their lil flying machines. Would also give infiltrators some viability since it doesn't seem like there is anything to hack anymore.
  2. Blatantfool

This would probably be too much to hope for. Letting players do this would probably be too cool for SOE's liking.

Plus, I'm sure SOMEONE here can find some reason to consider giving a sniper a one in a hundred chance of sniping out a pilot OP.
  3. Rothnang

I think it would be awesome if aircraft cockpits were vulnerable spots where Infantry weapons did full damage to them, because I really hate that small arms fire isn't in any way threatening to aircraft in this game.
  4. Rane

Wow this is the first suggestion I have ever seen anyone make that wasn't followed by mainly flames and qq newb. I might just be proud of myself. Glad to see you guys think this is a decent Idea, like you said there would be a real small chance of hitting them, and really only viable for infantry if they are ontop of a base defending it from the aircraft that sit right on the rim and just shoot inside of it.
  5. Blatantfool

Truth is the idea of making the Cockpit something akin to a 'Headshot point' on an Aircraft is actually pretty basic stuff.

It makes perfect sense and punishes less clever pilots. I mean, most flyboys wont have to really worry about the cockpit weakness if it was added. Especially if AA and Rockets didn't score the bonus damage (Because in all fairness that could be cheap)

Some chuckle-head pilot hovering in place over a spot to try and fire rocket pods at infantry? Only fair that while he is nearly still the infantry can actually put a hurting on him for being stupid enough to stop and wave. Big hail of gunfire to the cockpit is good punishment for a mixture of laziness and greed.

Some silly bugger flying directly at other aircraft - or flying directly behind a large aircraft? A heaping helping of hot lead is the right tool for the job. Fill his face with gunfire for being silly.

It'd add a bit more to being a pilot having to learn how to behave in order to avoid that stuff. I think it'd be a good idea.
    • Up x 1
  6. IceFire909

as long as explosions dont trigger the pilot kill, I'm all for it. And that's coming from a scythe pilot.

As a note, this is already in other games.
    ps2 is slightly based off bf3, BF3 has this.
    Crysis 1 has it. I imagine Crysis 2 would if its multiplayer wasnt just a CoD clone.
  7. Rane

Yeah, I would not recommend AA doing "crit" dmg to cockpits. I just feel like If I am aiming directly at the driver of the plane, his wings should not take all the dmg. Thanks for spelling it out better though, I'm pretty buzzed.
  8. Blatantfool

Agreed. AA doesn't need to do any Crit damage. That'd be too much. Basically just bullets would do it. That'd be fine I think. Worth putting in to explore the possibility that it makes the game better. Seeing a dogfight become a sort of dance of death where pilots are trying to land shots on each others Cockpit could be great. I think it'd add some extra skill and finesse to our flyboys routine.

Explosion shouldn't do it either. Like AA, it'd be silly. Keep the 'Cockpit bonus damage' exlcusive to bullets.
  9. Rane