C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raez, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Raez

So after spending 200 certs on this, its really just a bad grenade? It merely damages anything other than infantry and that means only plopping two down (max amount you can carry) will you MAYBE kill anything with armor. on top of that they cost 100 res per. What the hell man. What a waste of certs.
    • Up x 1
  2. ohgood9002

I always felt this way as well.

for the price 2 c4 should be able to take out enemy armor easily.
  3. PoopMaster

Does it only kill the armor with 2 if you put it on the back? Seems like it should no matter where you stick it.
  4. Goden

It takes 2 to kill a tank outright.

Sadly it also costs 700 certs to get 2.
  5. L1ttlebear

Not true in any way shape or form. It costs 700 certs to UNLOCK the ABILITY to have 2 C4 . The way you described made it seem like you need 700 certs for every two C4 you want :p
  6. Diamond Sword

I only ever used C4 against MAX units during the beta.

2 is supposed to kill vehicles outright, but I've placed 2 on half-dead enemy sunderers and have had them do almost nothing.
  7. VKhaun

Two will not kill a Sundy from full. That's pretty much the main thing I'd use them for so they're off my list for a good long time.
  8. phreec

Well worth the certs IMO.
    I mostly play as the already versatile Medic so getting the ability to counter vehicles is awesome and it's not like there's anything else to have in that slot anyway. Just one shotting MAX's is enough to justify their cost. ;>
  9. Vindicore

2 bricks on the back of a Sunderer and a rocket will take it out.

Was doing it 3-4 times a day back at the end of beta as HA. Now I just have to save up the 500 certs to get the second brick...
  10. Pyros

It's pretty decent as a LA, less so as a Medic or HA imo, due to having more troubles getting where you need to be without dying. Still I blow up 1-2 tanks a day with C4 as a Medic, if you flank the tanks while they busy shooting at your own tanks and don't get destroyed by random snipers and stuff, it's very easy to plant them on the back armor and it generally blows them up in one brick if they took a bit of dmg from other sources(very likely). I feel I did one shot a magrider with a back C4 earlier but it might have taken a rocket or something while I was running away before detonating the C4.

Still it's an expensive cert, wish it was more like 100-400 or something. The great thing however is they don't take a slot other stuff uses, you can have both C4 and grenades for example which is nice.
  11. kersk

I think C4 should be a shared common cert between LA and Medic, since it's pretty lame to have to spec it for each class!
    • Up x 1
  12. Garrix

C4 is fine, really, but could use two primary changes. One, two c4 should kill a sunderer. It's pointless to have the sunderer with 10% hp left and no way to damage it further. Two, you need to be able to place two c4 and detonate them both at once. As it stands, you must detonate them one at a time, since when you drop your second one (if your first is still undetonated), the first disappears.
  13. Pyros

Agree with all these suggestions, C4 should be universal, for classes that can use it, but arguably everyone should be able to use it, would give infiltrator another role since they're the most likely to get in position to C4 tanks or sunderers, also agree on 2 C4 for Sunderer kills IF placed in the back. As for placing more than 1 C4, in beta it worked fine, haven't had the chance to check yet on live but I find it weird they'd change it.
  14. Raez

So what everyone agrees on is that 1 c4 is worthless but 2 c4 for 700 certs and 200 resources is ok.