c4 nerf? you've got to be kidding me!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Malishan, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Malishan

So now c4 is next to useless, does ZERO damage to infantry and maxes? WHAT THE **** kind of hello kitty game are you turning this into? Seriously whoever is in charge hasn't a fing clue about FPS games. I've only been playing a little bit here and there when I'm extremely bored and this is one more thing that will make me think twice about even that. I hope you keep losing piles of $ on this HEAP of POO you are creating.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zitroxious

3. BlueSkies

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. soeguud

don't remember C4 rebalance in list of changes. IF they did nerf it then SOE is stupid and bought their way to those 2012 awards.
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

I am not having difficulty killing people with it. are you by chance trying to kill people through shields? I think they did change that, but as far as simple damage, i dont think thats been changed.
  6. PsychoBat

Have anything to back up that fact or did you just see it in a dream?
  7. Malishan

Before this patch I used c4 ALL THE TIME to take out maxes. Now it's doing zero damage. Same thing happened every time today. And no it was not through shields. C4 was right at their feet. Infantry near them took no damage either
  8. Dulu

Possibly a bug.

Who knows with SOE and their hidden patch notes.
  9. PsychoBat

Anyone else seen the same problem? I haven't tried to C4 a max yet after the patch.

There has been nothing about it in the patch notes so it's either a bug or you didn't C4 the max enough. Did it happen once or multiple times?
  10. Yil

You're probably just bad.
    • Up x 1
  11. Compass

C4 has been buggy. Bump my post in the Bugs forum if you want some answers.
    • Up x 2
  12. phungus420

Yeah. It sometimes just doesn't get thrown. Wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, I don't play LA very often, but i have noticed this. Yesterday especially twice in a row I swear I threw C4 on a MAX and should have blown him up, but it's hard to tell in those situations since you die so fast anyway.
  13. jshaw

i thought c4 was used to blow up vehicles not spawn kill infantry(MAXes should be damaged fully)

anyways the military uses c4 to blow doors in not blow up infantry in the heat of battle... Get your CoD logic out of hear.

(bouncing betties sometimes bug out like c4 too)
  14. Armchair

Just because C4 isn't the most ideal anti-personnel explosive, that doesn't make the explosion any less lethal within its kill zone.
  15. LibertyRevolution

C4 works fine, you must been bugged or something.
    I just got a group kill with a block I tossed near a sundee a few mins ago.

I am having an issue where my bouncing betty's just wont drop.
    I'm standing still and I have to drop it up to 3 times for it to drop, and its not where I'm putting it because I didn't move just to test it...
    Toss animation goes, no betty on floor, still in inventory, repeat, same animation, no drop, 3rd time, drops on the floor like it should have the first time.

Maybe C4 is having similar issues? You see animation, but it doesn't drop, so when you detonate, there is nothing to blow up because it was never spawned.
  16. AnnPerkins

MAXes with flak armor will survive a c4. The higher they upgrade it the more hp they'll still have. Flak 5 lets them survive with 1/4 their hp, I believe. Considering dual hacksaws are basically p2w atm, they are likely to have the certs to also have flak armor 5 as well as the silly gold armor and other depot gear.
  17. skull4squadron

this is interesting.
    just happens that yesterday i put c4 in front of the gen while i babysit it until it blows and a heavy poped up.
    i blew the c4 and was expecting him to die.
    he didnt
    plus he did not have his shield up.
    so i guess c4 is buggy then.
  18. hellaskan

It was buggy for me 2 nights ago.. I dropped it at the feet of the typical NC Max.. detonated it.. and he had maybe 1/4 of his health taken out. No lag, no hiding behind something.. I am a C4'ing fool, but this did much of nothing.. then he hacksawed me to death :(
  19. THUGGERNAUT

was killed instantly by C4 today as a max. there was no nerf. you're hallucinating.
    • Up x 1
  20. SharpeShooter

I must admit I have been having this same problem! Several times people have been stood ontop of the C4 and I have blown it and they have walked away, a little shell shocked but otherwise unhurt. I have a theory this comes down to this stupid mechanic of spawn invulnerability. In this game you dont have time to look at someone and ask your self "Have they just been ressed" if you do you die! If you see someone outside a shield that person should be kill-able, not in 30 secs not in 3 secs if you point your gun at him/her and shoot they should die! This invulnerability crap is just STUPID!

I have also seen C4 drop below the ground thus doing no damage to people above. There are so many bugs and stupid mechanics in this game, I wonder if there is any point playing.