Burster Max vs. ESF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jonesing25, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

Perhaps try and kill the max before whatever else...

There is no excuse for dieing to one max unless you get super greedy on a kill. Adapt and overcome...
    • Up x 1
  2. Jonesing25

I lold after seeing your signature. Go away.
  3. smokemaker

What do you want, flak to shot rubber bullets?
    Foolish flying deserves death.
    AA is a great deterrent. AND any competent flyer will have no issues with it.
    Once enough AA is present in an area, it is effectively in control of the sky.
    If you want to fly in there, go for it, but to then ask for a nerf after your death... foolishness.
  4. Crazytrain

I would thumbs up an alternative to afterburner that gave pilots a sudden and violent increase in vertical thrust.
  5. Jonesing25

Oh you didn't read the bold and underlined post I made.
    be sure to go through each page.
  6. SNAFUS

I truly feel that the burster max is unbalanced compared to the skyguard. It makes no since that the burster can greatly out perform a skyguard in AA functions. I feel the roles should be switched, reduce burster accuracy and range and buff the sky guard. It makes no since that the vehicle based air deterrent is so drastically weaker then the max variant. This would give air the ability to actually render and see that potential threat from long range skyguards. But we wont be constantly harrased by invisible Burster maxs that don't always render. And at the same time it won't **** infantry from having AA abilities, they will still have the ability to keep any ESF or lib from farming them.
    • Up x 1
  7. phungus420

The strangest and most annoying part about AA MAXes is that they are the most lethal toward A2A fighters. When I kit A2A (either as a stealth A2Am mossy or a stealth shotgun using Reaver with AB pods) I almost always die to AA MAXes. My last three ESF deaths were to AA MAXes, and I was not even engaging ground targets, it's always when I'm focused on killing enemy air. Conversely AA MAXes almost never kill me when I load composite and rocket pods and start pounding the ground and farming infantry.

I really think AA MAX range needs to be reduced and their close range damage increased so they have more of a close infantry support role and become more lethal to lolpodding ESFs that are actually attacking the ground. As it is now AA MAXes are the primary predator of A2A ESFs, which just doesn't seem right to me.
    • Up x 2
  8. smokemaker

I did.
    You want to be able to fly behind a tank, then hover, and if attacked by AA while hovering, you want a nerf to flak so you can escape.
    Did i miss anything?

Meanwhile

All the other pilots that are not whining about flak, fly behind same tank, while still flying at full speed AIM and fire into the rear of the tank. And without stopping or slowing down in the slightest, fly off into safety.

You wanting to hover is causing your death.
    I see foolishness being promptly rewarded. And then the foolish one wanting a nerf.

Did i miss anything?
  9. SNAFUS

Though it may not always be the case but a lot of outfits put up bait air craft to do just that. Always be suspicious of a ESF hovering anywhere near a suspected burster nest.
    • Up x 1
  10. phungus420

Well most of the complaints on this forum about AA MAXes seem to come from A2A focused players who generally don't load rocket pods (most seem to load AB pods or A2Am). So I don't think your assessment is accurate.
  11. phungus420

The problem is I don't see the burster nest :(
  12. rickampf

I have a double buster max with extend mag and flak armor 5. I wait in cover until the reaver/scythe get close enough and then i start shooting... it's hilarious how desperate this infantry farmes becomes, and the xp are very, very good.
  13. Crazytrain

I believe a better solution would be to simply increase the altitude ceiling another 500-1000 meters so ESF's could dogfight without interference from the ground.
    • Up x 1
  14. SNAFUS

I feel ya there. That's why I put a possible solution on this thread to that nasty render problem.
  15. smokemaker

If i am engaged in a dogfight, and have nearby AA. I will attempt to drag the fight over my AA for additional damage to my enemy.
  16. SNAFUS

That would only benefit the ESF that stay on flight ceiling. If you have air superiority ESF up you want them hunting the enemy rocket pod ESF and they will be near the ground well within AA range.
  17. smokemaker

Why stop there, just make them a separate map.

lol
  18. Jonesing25

You missed the part where I wouldn't want AA maxes nerfed, but ESF flak armor actually doing what it is supposed to do against them. AA turrets, skyguard, and infantry fire doesn't blow me up before I am able to escape. Only the AA max, I think we've actually stumpled upon a possible issue in this thread. The dual cannons on the AA turrets do less damage than the AA maxes because AA maxes are possibly ignoring Flak armor.

You also missed the part in underlined and bold writing again. LIKE THIS <-- look for that.
  19. Jonesing25

Hah, Matherson is up, I'll check back later.
  20. smokemaker

"I'M NOT SAYING NERF AA DAMAGE SO I CAN HOVER I AM SAYING IF I DO HOVER, I WANT TO ABLE TO ESCAPE BEFORE DEATH."

Ok so no nerf to flak but a buff to your armor. Same result, you want it easier to kill and escape while hovering.

"could increase the acceleration simply hovering, should not be a death sentence,"
    They do have a cert option that improves your hovering speed.
    And if you are hovering near enemy AA, it rightfully should be your "death sentence".

Try it without hovering, and you will find flak far less effective.