Anyone NOT like the Gauss SAW?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Starlight288, Jan 5, 2014.

1. KnightCole

Well now it has Slow RoF, High Recoil, absurd Bloom and cant ADADAD for crap.......this thing is looking like the Planetside 2 T34....has nothing going for it but damage, but is losing out in every other category. That one advantage is quite out weighed by other options avail like EM6, 1, GD, LA1, and its heap of weaknesses.

Its becoming a rather bleh gun overall.
  2. Jogido

but hey! it's the God Saw....go figure?

T-34, that a tank reference?....oh, world of tank reference?
  3. KnightCole

Yeah, T34, US Prem, T8.

It has been vastly over nerfed.....and this SAW seems to be going that way.
  4. HerpTheDerp

Wasn't SAW buffed in PU2?
  5. Rawsteel

They don't tremble, they fall flat on their face when they try to * snicker* fire back at me at any range other than point blank. Esp SVA user who think they can survive a gauss burst.
  6. Moisture

To me its its effective time to kill and accuracy is effectively the same consistent time and effort out too 100 meters
    Its pinpoint attract, Easy to get used to if you can get past the first bad impression and has a place in every firefight.
    I am never disappointed I selected a Gauss SAW ever, All I need to do is change scopes sometimes.
    Its amazingly flexible.
  7. KnightCole

Lol, no, it was only nerfed. Complete with a CoF bloom nerf...
  8. HerpTheDerp

I could've sworn the recoil was reduced to 0.5. Oh well, it's not like I can check the patchnotes because they're **** knows where.
  9. KnightCole

10. Octopinky

I don't care how many times I hear people saying it's the "God-Saw" or it's an amazing weapon. Whenever I use it, I feel like every bullet I shoot out of it has a mind of its own and refuses to hit whatever I'm pointing at even when I'm using trigger discipline or when I'm like two feet away.
  11. Moisture

To be honest, You need to try harder.
    This weapon is worth the learning curve.
  12. KnightCole

It is like that now. Before it was a much nicer weapon.

Now its got really nothing going for it anymore. Its less accurate, has horrid Cof bloom, has slow *** RoF, really High Recoil....idk, before its weaknesses were balancing, now they are gimping and gay.
  13. Octopinky

I exclusively play shotgun Heavy Assault because of how much I didn't like the SAW, so it doesn't even concern me at this point.
  14. Moisture

Such misinformation
    Not using or knowing the correct techniques for this weapon then telling other people its bad is dishonest.
    If you have fired so many rounds that the bloom is making you miss, You have made a mistake and have fired up to double what it takes to kill a target already.
    If the recoil is making you miss you are not pulling down enough.
    The legions of people all saying its a long range quasi-sniper powerhouse are infact not paid TR shills trying to spread misinformation.
    They know something you dont
  15. KnightCole

Lol, I have Auraxiam this weapon, ive got over 1500 kills with it. I know what it was and what it is now. What it is now is a shadow of its former self.

Its blooms to quickly, its recoil is insane and the FSM while bursting is bull *%*&#)_
    • Up x 1
  16. Pie Chasm

Only thing that has changed since then is that it has more vertical recoil (foregrip no longer reduces vertical recoil).. and hip fire bloom has been increased, which was entirely redundant with the weapon anyway.

It still remains my favorite LMG.

Orion is good, sure, but its recoil is for sissies. No other LMG in this game feels like an LMG.

LMGs should fire more powerful rounds. The whole sissy AR/carbine damage is for spandex fiends and communists.
  17. KnightCole

Its normal ADS Bloom increased to. 8 rounds and it blooms out all over the place. Before it could get a solid 20 round burst before blooming out to derp lvls. Now its 6-8 rounds.
  18. Moisture

It does not matter. You can kill any target within that bloom that isnt a MAX. Account for upwards recoil and its pinpoint accurate.
    You point out you have a nice medal for it but forget it has near zero horizontal drift when exercising the minimal amount of control to use this weapon. godSAWing101 right here.
    What is was must have been overpowered because its fantastic now.
  19. KnightCole

It has lost a fair bit of that control and pin point accuracy it used to have.
  20. Epic High Five

Still pretty beastly to me. Favorite gun in the game, almost 5,000 kills with it, had to force myself to stop using it so I could aurax other LMGs.

The #1 thing about the SAW is that its minimum damage is the same as the highest maximum damage for any other gun in the game (save for the NC's X11 and Reaper). It's extremely consistent in shots to kill across all ranges, and combined with the basically zero horizontal drift it means that an experienced hand can place a whole lot of hideously deadly rounds in on spot, over and over again.