anyone able to get 50-60 fps in large battles?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by abigdeal, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Aaren

Yeah my memory was running at 1333mhz as well for some reason. Switched it to 1600mhz last night and my issues with microstutter and input lag seem to have been mitigated. My FPS is still generally quite low - but now at least 40fps feels like 40 and not 15.

I'd urge anyone running a desktop, who thinks their memory is at a certain clock - to check it actually is.
  2. Moz

How did you do this? Are you running an intel based system? If so isnt the memory speed directly link to the CPU clock? In which case you must have raised you CPU clock aswell?
  3. MistaN

Yea I have an Intel 3770k. No, the memory isnt directly linked to the CPU clock. I can up my cpu multiplier and that only affects the CPU. What you're thinking about is probably overclocking by upping the FSB/BCLK. You can do it either way with the "K series" of the intel cpus. The non-K series are the ones that have the memory linked directly to the CPU clock since they are locked and their multiplier cant be changed, only the BCLK.

I OC'd the components in my system separately.

And if you have enough know-how, then try to overclock it a bit and see what results you get. For me, it seems like higher clock speed helps more than tighter timings.
  4. Aaren

Er...when I say memory, I mean RAM. So I simply went along to my UEFI BIOS - opened the memory tab - and set the memory frequency to give me 1600mhz. Depending on your make and model of motherboard and version of BIOS this may be more or less simple for you - but it should be pretty accessible for most desktops.
  5. Moz

Thanks for this, will have to have a look through my BIOS.
  6. DashTech

If you have XMP memory, the settings required are baked into the RAM, you can just turn on XMP in your BIOS and you don't have to put the values in yourself. That said, just pulling the information off the RAM manufacturer's website and keying them in isn't exactly difficult either.
  7. AirpainFood

I wish I could get over 30...

I get around 30 FPS while doing nothing on the lowest graphics settings possible.
    In battle, it drops to around 25 - 20... even 15 its a big one.

If I set everything to ultra, I get 0 FPS :p