Allow Engineers to disable enemy explosives with Repair Gun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by illgot, Feb 19, 2013.

1. illgot

I have seen it in other games, the engineer class comes across enemy explosives, they disable those explosives by shooting at it with their repair gun.

Right now the only way to stop a friendly from setting off a mine is shooting it or setting it off with your own foot.
    • Up x 7
  2. KraggTheGrim

There should be:
    1: A way to detect mines (AI and AV)
    2: A way to disable them
  3. Ash87

...You mean a way to detect mines without use of your face...?
  4. KraggTheGrim

Most mines are hard to detect. I would suggest maybe a mine sweeper device you can cert into, possibly either an attachment to a gun, or a suit upgrade.
  5. VSMars

Mine cleaner attachments are usually something for armoured trucks (non-combat vehicles), but they have on occasion been added to IFVs and MBTs too. I'd suggest allowing it as an utility or (better) defence slot for the Sunderer, significantly lowering the speed when deployed in addition to being big, obvious and still rather loud (it tends to detonate the mines anyway - just in a "safe" fashion).
  6. BengalTiger

Doesn't an IR scope for the carbine make mines glow like bright "I'm a mine" signs?
  7. Riekopo

good idea
  8. illgot

Who has seen mines and tried to blow it up with your pistol to only hit people next to you?

How many times have you seen a mine and actually killed people around you setting it off?

It would be so much better if you could call out mines like you can players, then let an engineer safely disable the mine.
    • Up x 2
  9. Autarkis

Allow Engineers everyone to disable enemy explosives with Repair Gun by holding the Use key (same as overloading gens).

/fixed
  10. Cpu46

I agree that engineers should be able to disable mines and C4 with their repair gun and there should be a way for players to detect mines.
    Actually I would love to see more mine related things in the future like flashbang or EMP mines or a lightning/sunderer utility that, upon pressing the F key, sends out a pulse that detonates all mines within a short radius and then goes on cooldown for 10-20 seconds. Also give the engineers smaller less potent mines but they can carry more of them and actually lay down a small minefield. Right now mines are less area denial and more vehicle killer. I want to funnel tanks and sunderers into a trap or make it so they think twice about moving through a bottleneck.
  11. jak

Oh god yes. The C4 traps I would set with this would make my heart cry in joy.
  12. Deathcapt

Not anymore, additionally, mines straight up don't render until you're like 5 feet away from them.
  13. BengalTiger

Then that sucks a bit.

We need a mine detector in that case.