AIr to Air missles most worthless cert item

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maudibe, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Axehilt

If we're complaining about players wanting to think or adapt, then you must agree with me. Because weapons which are easy to use clearly shouldn't be effective, if a new pilot could simply think and adapt and learn how to fly effectively with the same skill-intensive weapons everyone else is using.

Dogfighting isn't a matter of "chance", so a new player never gained a "chance" to kill a pro pilot with either the old A2A or current A2A. It was an easier weapon to use, but also had strong counters.

Really the weapons have always been fundamentally flawed in that they just fundamentally have a low skill ceiling. The "maintained lock" change helped with that, while also tragically making the weapon worse for new pilots like the OP. (And as a professional game designer I'd say the OP's post also points to needing to make it more clear to players why their missiles are spiraling up into the sky, because it's not obvious to new players that flares or a lost lock were the reason their missiles missed.)

If you want to criticize the weapon for having a weak fundamental design, then I agree. But to criticize the weapon for having balance reduction to an appropriate power level for the weapon's design? That's not a nerf really, just the natural balance where the weapon has to exist due to its design.
  2. Ronin Oni

If you can't maintain a lock on a Lib with A2Am.....

I really... REALLY don't know what to tell you other than maybe suggest you stop flying.

Flew my A2A Mossie the other night (only ESF with them) and didn't even have problems using them on ESF's who tried to run. (if they flip to engage, man up and nose gun)
  3. Colinljx

The biggest complaint from lib pilots pre-nerf was solo ESF with tomcat daring to take down 2-man libs. Killing libs is better than surviving them with AB, and rocketpod is slower and less effective against good lib crew.
    I guess u live in "lala" land, a lot of big game hunters were rolling A2AM pre-nerf. The "complaints from good pilots" was the whine that nerfed tomcat, the complaint threads back then were plenty.
    Again, in a game where killing is more important, reliably killing the enemy planes is the priority for an dedicated AA loadout, which the rockepod is less good at, while AB is the pro choice for elite pilots who prioritize survival.
    You are just contradicting yourself, and twisting facts to cover it... Anyway, if you feel tomcat was less effective than rocketpod/AB and has a low skill-floor, which implies the weapon did its intended job perfectly, why are you complaining? Because u get killed while farming?
    Good, then campaigning for the removal/nerf of lolpods should be you nerfers next top priority. Oh wait, farmers don't want that...
    Remember, someone immature started the personal insults, and more childish behavior won't win u the argument.
    My first thought was actually one-man libs vs esfs in equal numbers, but that's way less common and unfair resource wise. Your proposed 3 lib (1050 resource) vs 9 esf (2250 resource) was unfair too, and 3-man libs are uncommon.
    Your very belief that a nosegun+rocketpod/AB combo is more effective than nosegun+pre-nerf tomcat drew my conclusion, for there was a time when rocketpod did deadly damage to libs. A nosegun+rocket combo was way too versatile, and still is, sadly.
    You claim to be good, as if that puts more weight on your opinion, supporting nerfs against a "skillless" tomcat which u refuse to adapt to while talking about "skill and adapt" with lolpod, soooo no your pilot ability does nothing to the argument.
  4. Maljas23

Haha. So many people in this thread have never run A2A with Max Racer/Stealth with rotary nosegun. A2A useless, my Higby.