Adding strategy back in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rhan101277, Apr 9, 2015.

1. rhan101277

What happened to adding in ANTs and a power scheme? Also making it to where nanites are tied to territories?

Malorn - The ANT module hasn't been cut. It's Phase 2.

Malorn -
    Jeslis said:
    “Please re-read it more carefully. This will prevent ALOT of spam in 2 ways;

1. if your with a zerg, you will NOT be getting 60/min, you will be getting less, based on some formula.
    2. Any use of max/c4/proxmines/tankmines will cost resources During the fight.. so AFTER the fight ends, you may not be full on resources, and not be able to pull a tank/aircraft to travel anyway.”
    Right, this can help reduce spam in a number of ways.
    1) Player tradeoff decisions - if you pull a tank it will impact your ability to spam C4, and vice-versa. That tradeoff doesn't exist today.
    2) Resource denial - if your faction gets deprived there is less resources for spam to be created.
    3) Larger forces have slower income - this is because larger forces typically have a lot of vehicles already and there's safety in numbers, but for the larger fights it will help cut down on some of the spam.

Reducing spam would also improve performance at bigger fights.

Malorn -
    vincent- said:
    “I would like to hear the other phases as well. So that I can understand the bigger picture.”
    In a nutshell
    P1 - resource unification and core mechanics, cost rebalancing
    P2 - power & harvesting power
    P3 - sieging, neutralizing, effects of power loss and other cool stuff that leverages P1 and P2.

Subject to change of course.
  2. Taemien

I believe half the staff being cut a month ago caused the delay on the changes. The delay is probably indefinite.
  3. OldMaster80

Yeah sure this hasn't been cut off: it's just postponed to 2025 or so.
    Holy **** the resources revamp should jump on top of devs agenda immediately.
    • Up x 2
  4. rhan101277

I agree and I hope the devs are reading this thread.