337.88 Install or not to install that is the question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lagside2, May 26, 2014.

1. ZephyrBurst

Updated to the newest from 332.21 and I've seen a noticeable performance increase. Even turned up some graphics settings and the game runs faster than before. (Was usually GPU bound when that happened.) Was getting 50-60 fps in a 48+ vs 48+ fight.

CPU: i5-3350P
    GPU: GTX 650 Ti
  2. HotPepperDelivery

This driver is does solve blackscreen issue! Testing it an hour, no blackscreen occur at all.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kirdra

From the detailed notes of this driver, right at the very top of the list of fixed issues. Number one.

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 337.88
    The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
    since version 337.50. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this
    driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 Fixed Issues
    [PlanetSide 2]: The game may crash to a black screen. [1466333]
  4. Keiichi25

Confirmed.

Was on 335.23 - Occasional TDR in Planetside 2 and random system stuttering/HD system slamming.

Now on 337.88 - about 4 hours of playing, no visible TDR (Black Screening), also did not see nearly as many system stutter/HD system slamming like before.

Running with EVGA nVidia GTX 760 card with 12 megs of RAM with Soundblaster Z card and SATA drives, Windows 7 64bit.
  5. lagside2

With a low spec i3 processor it seems like there's an increase in FPS..
    in the release notes it stated something like "takes more pressure off the CPU so should help in situations where the CPU is bottlenecked"..
    (GTX650Ti)
  6. rhan101277

12 megs of RAM? are you sure you don't have a 66mhz processor?
  7. Octiceps

The good thing is that this driver updates the PlanetSide 2 game profile with the new executables (PlanetSide2_x64.exe, PlanetSide2_x86.exe) so those of you with SLI who weren't aware of how to add them through Nvidia Inspector and have been running single GPU this whole time will all of a sudden get a massive performance boost LOL.
  8. Goretzu

There's definately no other issues with this driver?

I don't want it to fix the PS2 issue only to tank everything else like every driver between 314 and 332 did! :eek:
  9. Hank

Runs nice, i didnt have the black screen or stuttering..i do see a FPS increase of up to 20 in certain areas..

I also noticed that prior, i was 90% or so CPU bound, now im 90% or so GPU bound, they.
  10. Lazaruz

This might be a silly question, but does it matter if the driver is marked as Win 8 or Win 8.1?
    I ask because I can't find the driver when I do a search for Win 8.1 64-bit, but I do find it under Win 8 64-bit...
  11. Octiceps

Nope, same exact driver.
  12. Botji

For me it works BUT just as with the beta driver I have instead had some very unexpected BSODs in similar circumstances as the driver would crash before.

I have had 1 BSOD with the beta driver when playing(didnt play much when I had it) and I have had 1 BSOD in Firefox with the WHQL version... With the earlier drivers that had the driver crashes they occured either while playing PS2 or just randomly when using Firefox. Now the driver crashing is fixed but it seems they have been replaced by a less common BSOD problem, not sure what I think is worse.
  13. Sobdude

I've tested this driver for 3-4 h
    Not a single black screen or crush to desktop. Random short freezes - gone.
    BUT (!!) completely no FPS boost! FPS are absolutely the same as on my previous 332.21.
    • Up x 1
  14. laziffer

the new driver runs fine for me
  15. kuddlesworth55

I have had no problems with the new drivers. I can't say for everyone though. However I have noticed a decrease in GPU performance on my 680 Classified. It might have to do with the CPU optimization perhaps.
  16. Keiichi25

I meant Gigs... Was posting a bit late at night and was crashing mentally.
  17. Keiichi25

BSODs, you should start looking at what the BSOD messages are. More than likely, if you look up the messages, they may point more towards RAM being the culprit. Ram can eventually go bad over time.
  18. Maese

For me this drivers totally broke the game, freezes every 5 seconds from 50 to 7 fps, with previus i had estable fps.
  19. Botji

Yes and then they go good by rolling back the GFX driver not to mention others having similar issues over at the nvidia forums.

Normally the GFX driver shouldnt trigger the windows *OH ***** THIS DEVICE ISNT WORKING - RESTARTING* response every few minutes when playing a game or randomly when using Firefox, the last few drivers from nvidia has had these problems... going from that to causing BSODs isnt far.
  20. Kirppu1

That can be because the drivers downclock the gpu clocks