Game Error G25

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iiTrust, Mar 18, 2013.

1. IHIuDsON

Much appreciated :)
  2. Grimreaper944

3. maniacmullins

thanks for sending the file. BUT it still doesnt work! i cant even open the game at all. Seriously WTF! I thought the game would at least let me open it. Nope. As soon as i click play, the PS2 website pops-up and says "game error G25". Really pisses me off because i have an ATI mobility radeon HD 4570 in my laptop and it says i need a 4800 something or better... I know its 4 years old but c'mon! I HATE SOE so much...:mad::mad::mad: but thank you for sending the file and trying to help.Appreciate it.:cool:
  4. lolondar

5. Vertabrae

I'm sorry mate. If you had a desktop you probably coulda swung it. But laptops are a different beast.

Just a quick note on this for everyone else. Older desktops can often handle this game, provided you tweak the settings in the right way. If you're trying to play this on a laptop however, and it's more than 1-2 years old, it better be a laptop that was built especially for gaming. I linked a website earlier in the thread, it will tell you if your pc/laptop can handle the game. Sadly, a lot of laptops simply can't.

I've had people say well I can run CoD or BF3 on my pc/laptop just fine. This is NOTHING like that. In CoD you are rendering yourself plus 11 other guys. In BF3 you have up to 64, with a few vehicles or airplanes thrown in.

PS2 it's very common to have 20-30+ tanks, 10+ aircraft, and a couple hundred guys that your rig has to account for. Plus the millions of tracer rounds, explosions and whatnot that we love to throw around. Remember how BF3 tracks up to 64 guys? We have 3 factions, each faction can have roughly 666 player on a cont, for a grand total of 2000 per cont. I've seen ALL 2000 players packed into 1-2 hexes when we're trying to take that very last base. Basically imagine 2000 players on one BF3 map.

CoD/BF3 or any other fps out there doesn't need to render or process anything close to what PS2 does. So if you're trying to run PS2 on an older rig, I can try to help trick you PC with the low settings UserOptions file. But for some people, you simply don't have the horsepower to run this beast.
  6. Vertabrae

Just mailed it to you.
  7. JahovasWitness

8. Vertabrae

9. Azura's Bolt

Can someone send meh a UserOptions.ini file aswell?
    chasing7ao@gmail.com
    thankyou
    question... where would i place the edited file after i receive it?
    i have steam version of PS-2
  10. Vertabrae

Mailed it out. Just drop it into the PS2 folder, not a subfolder, just the main PS2 folder. That's located at...C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2
  11. Azura's Bolt

Game Error G25
    Malfunction:
    Your video card had trouble initializing and may not meet the minimum requirements to run Planetside 2
    Beta Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive: 15 GB free
    • Video Memory: 256 MB RAM
    • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    im still getting this even after i got the .ini :(
    my system:
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
    3.59 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
  12. Azura's Bolt

also, can i delete voice volume?
  13. Vertabrae

I'm not a hardware expert, but you're running an old system. Like a really old system. Looks like you need to look into buying something more modern. I seriously doubt that even if you got in game, your system could handle even the lowest graphics settings. Sorry mate.
  14. TSR AlexS Customer Service

What kind of video card do you have?
  15. Vertabrae

The video card doesn't even matter at this point, with only 1GB of ram there's no way he's running PS2. He simply doesn't have the power.
  16. mbishop32197

17. Vertabrae

• Up x 1
  18. Awesome Nerd

19. Vertabrae

No problem mate, just sent it to you.
  20. Awesome Nerd

Hey Vertabrea, It still didn't work then I went to that site about testing your computer and I failed so I'm a little disappointed that it didn't work. But thanks for lending me your time.