Zerker Vs SK

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Alderroth, Sep 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Alderroth Guest

I plan on soloing and grouping and can not make up my mind which class i like more, Zerker or SK. I know there are a lot of varables and that i am going to get many answers that just tell me that it depends on all kinds of stuff i dont know enugh about to include it in the question.
    I want to kill things. I want to wade in there and just kill everything. And i want to use a sword...or 2.
    I know that a SK can life tap for heals, but from what i have read they have lower midagation and DPS so i dont know if it is worth it. I have also read several times that a SK is good for soloing but not nothing about a Zerker in that reguard. I am leaning twords the Zerker ATM but just cant shake the feeling that a SK might be better. I know "better" is just an opinion so thats what i am asking for. Please help me if you can.
  2. ARCHIVED-Alderroth Guest

Lets through Assassin in there also.
  3. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Sorting the three for soloing;
    SK
    Zerker
    assassin (one of the worst solo classes in the game actually)

for groups, the sk and zerk pretty much end up equal. the sk will tax their healers less than the sk, but dps should be fairly equal. the assassin does 2 things in groups. DPS and hatefeed the tank. thats it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Menji Guest

Play all 3, may take a little time but that is the best way to find out what you would really want to play. By level 35 you would have a good idea about the class and if you really like it.
  5. ARCHIVED-rumblepants79 Guest

Zerkers are built for group encounters (we handle aggro with multiple mobs a little easier than others). That being said, they are not ideal soloers, though better than assassin if we have to put them into the picture.
  6. ARCHIVED-CHIMPNOODLE. Guest

In terms of soloing... I'd say it would go SK, Zerk, Assassin for those 3 choices you gave.
    In terms of grouping...I'd say the tanks and scout have different roles. My preference tanking would be SK then Zerk. In terms of DPSin for groups....I'd say Assassin, then SK/Zerk fairly close (and dependant on the mob types, amount of mobs and pull speed of the group). For group utility for questing I'd say Assassin....then SK.....then Zerk (Tracking/high DPS/Evac/Invis/hate transfer/apply poison....made me feel they edged out SKs FD/Dammage shield/Debuffs/Moderate DPS/Hate Syphon/Intercepts etc.....but it's still kinda debateable, depending on your group goals......tracking is big, but if you are just grinding or in a zone you know well...then that elimnates a biggie there).
  7. ARCHIVED-Alderroth Guest

Ya, I tryed an Assassin. A lot harder to solo. What about a bruser? I know they cant use swords but i guess i can live with that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Alderroth wrote:
    bruisers are very strong soloers, one of the harder tanks to tank properly with (considering all the sucky bruiser tanks).
  9. ARCHIVED-DiatribeEQ Guest

Here's the dish about those classes:
    If you're worried about DPS, the Zerker isn't too shabby in the DPS dept at all. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The SK is also very solid DPS'er as well. The same goes with the Assassin, but understand one thing about them: Unless you're behind/flanking them mobs, your dps is cut almost in half. So with the assassin, you have to "work it" alot harder than SK or Zerker. Sure, you get significantly better DPS than either of the others, but you're constantly doing something to: Stun the Mob (or spin them around with AA talent) and then do your big DPS moves that require you to be behind them. Also, some require you to be stealthed to do them. But the end reward is for some *VERY* nice dps. With the Zerker and SK, there's nothing fancy about what they do and how they do it.
    If you're looking into grouping a decent amount while leveling up and are willing to put up with constantly "working the mob", then the Assassin might be the way to go for you. But otherwise, the Berzerker is probably your best bet for "Solid Tanking + Nice DPS". The SK offers up a fairly even overall experience in regards to the Zerker, but I think they're possibly a bit better tanks, just not as good in DPS. (Still not bad at all, just both even themselves out)
    Either way, make the toon a Ratonga/Whatever_Class_Here and you won't be sorry!
  10. ARCHIVED-Fatkiddown Guest

If solo'ing is your main thing then SK but I would lean towards zerker simply because when you get higher levels and decide you want to raid some they are going to be more viable 2nd tank and put out more dps. Now if you think you are NEVER going to raid and only want to solo and run group instances a SK would be perfect. I'm sure some really good sk's can do decent dps but I've never seen one that can keep up with a zerker on raid dps. I good zerker will do 2k+ dps with the right group setup and I've never even seen a sk come close to that. Again I'm sure there are some sk's that can do that and more dps but i'm just saying I see more zerkers on raids than sk's
  11. ARCHIVED-Jagone Guest

The following is true for new and low level players:
    SK's solo WAYYYYYYY better than zerkers. By a mile. If you want to solo, chose the SK. Zerkers can solo, but nowhere near as well.
    Zerkers tank WAYYYYYYYY better than SK's. No contest. If you want to be a group tank, chose the zerker. SK's can tank, but nowhere near as well as a zerker.
    Assassins can't solo, but do a ton of DPS in groups. If you want to let others tank and just want to slaughter stuff, chose the assassin.